It's the economy, stupid!

Dumb ass Frank. Here is a good part of the reason for the housing implosion.

Bush Profiteering from Housing Defaults by James Bovard

Enacting the “American Dream”

The Bush administration finally got its “Dream Act” pushed through Congress in the fall of 2003. The House leadership chose freshman congresswoman Katherine Harris (the Republican hero of the Florida 2000 recount) for the honor of sponsoring the bill. Harris declared,

As our nation continues to confront daunting threats both at home and abroad, we cannot neglect the most basic security of all, and that is a safe, clean, adequate place to live.
One congressional staffer raised the question of whether “HUD will soon send out maids to ensure our right to a clean house.”

When Bush signed the act on December 16, 2003, he declared,

One of the biggest hurdles to homeownership is getting money ... so today I’m honored to be here to sign a law that will help many low-income buyers to overcome that hurdle, and to achieve an important part of the American Dream.

How many times must I lecture you, Comrade, that Bush was not a Conservative and was a Progressive in many many areas especially with respect to domestic affairs?

Fannies and Freddie are themselves the problem irrespective of whether they're run by a R or a D. They must be consolidated and sold to the highest bidder

That's convenient.

Who did you vote for, Cru?

Did you know he was "a progressive" before the RE induced banking crises?

And let me ask you one more thing.

Wss Bush II's tax breaks for billionaires typical of those damned progressives you right wingers are now bitching about?

How about those two Asian land wars he got us involved with?

Is that sort of empire building also typical of what "progressives" do?

Understand. Cru, I'm trying to get a clearer picture of what you mean when you call something "progressive".

Cause, right now, it seems that you're telling us that whatever you personally object to is progresivism.

And damned! if that doesn't make it very difficult to know (before you tell us) what is progressive legislation and what isn't progressive legislation and policy.

Letting Ted Kennedy write the Education Bill = Progressive

Prescription drug boondoggle the same week Walmart announces they'll sell scrips for $4 = Progressive

Centrally planning US Housing Market= Progressive

That help?

Claudette, you are the poster girl for cognitive dissonance, and the electorate will laugh at your picture as they walk into the voting booths this fall to return a Dem majority to both houses.

Wow

I always wanted to be a poster girl!!! LMAO

Nope I think your all wet there Jake especially if you think the Dems will retain a majority in either house.

You can of course HOPE. Let me be the first to wish you luck with that one. LOL

I am not hoping at all. You are. Give us some stats and graphs that support your claim. I will let you know now; you can't.

However, I bet you would be a great poster girl for anything.

Why thank you Jake. I think. LOL

New Topics

Forum List

Back