It's over. I put a man in prison for the rest of his natural life.

It takes a special kind of asshole to to rip into someone who is proud they took part in our system and helped to put away someone for the rest of their life.

Don't listen to the crap. There are plenty of people who cry hardship when they find a trial might last longer than one day. To sit through a 3 week trial is arduous to say the least.

What the fuck are you on about??

Jurors don't get to choose the penalty.

I help to put the bastard away with a Guilty verdict. Two counts. First Degree.

There was no blood evidence, no DNA, no fingerprints linking him - yet the evidence shown to us convinced us all (eventually) he was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

I feel damn proud of what I did.

I lost 3 weeks of income serving on a jury, not to mention quite a few other things...yet I did my Civic Duty, trudged myself to the courtroom each day, exposed myself to other dangers, left with images of autopsy scenes, screams and cries that will never leave my mind, wrestled with the gravity of it all -

and you're here shitting on me?

Yep.

Read the link in my sig line before you shit ON ME.

I'm intimately familiar with the effects of murder on a family.

You didn't do anything brave or special. So stop bragging! :eusa_hand:

Oh, and don't fuck with me. :eusa_naughty:

get over yourself.
We're talking Jeny Eliza here Del. C'mon.

It takes a special kind of asshole to to rip into someone who is proud they took part in our system and helped to put away someone for the rest of their life.

Don't listen to the crap. There are plenty of people who cry hardship when they find a trial might last longer than one day. To sit through a 3 week trial is arduous to say the least.
Thanks.

The lost income, the graphic images of brutality seared into my brain, the sleepless nights - pales in comparison though, knowing long suffering family and friends are now relieved this asshole will never be released and will not be able to hurt anyone again.

I helped put a bad guy away forever.

That is more than enough compensation.

With no hope of parole.

And this liberal feels damn good about it!

:)

No, you didn't.

All you did was judge whether the evidence proved his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

I suggest to you in all seriousness, the if the question ever gets asked by anybody WHO put that guy into prison for the rest of his life (barring a successful appeal or a commuted sentence) with no possibility of parole, the answer IS: he did. By his actions, he did it to himself [over and above whatever he did to his victim(s)].

Based on the verdict of which YOU were a necessary part, I suspect that HE richly deserved what he has gotten.

So good for you for serving and good for you for feeling good about it.

Maybe he'll die in prison soon and save the taxpayers a lot of money.

Murderers don't do that. (see link in my sig line.....35 years and counting since he killed Lori, 2 death sentences to his credit no less).

Congrats bleeding heart anti-death penalty liberal. Another asshole the taxpayer is stuck feeding, clothing, housing and providing better medical care to than most Americans receive---for the rest of his natural life no less.

You should feel GREAT. :rolleyes:

You realize that the death penalty actually costs more money, right?
Maybe, but at least the money is better spent on the salaries of those working in the court system rather than on food and shelter and some amenities for a person who will never leave prison.

Regardless, cost should never be a factor in determining right from wrong.

With no hope of parole.

No, you didn't.

All you did was judge whether the evidence proved his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

I suggest to you in all seriousness, the if the question ever gets asked by anybody WHO put that guy into prison for the rest of his life (barring a successful appeal or a commuted sentence) with no possibility of parole, the answer IS: he did. By his actions, he did it to himself [over and above whatever he did to his victim(s)].

Based on the verdict of which YOU were a necessary part, I suspect that HE richly deserved what he has gotten.

Yes, he did.

I helped to put him away though, and yes, I feel good about it.

It was not an open and shut case though. As I mentioned earlier, there was no blood evidence (though he had brutally beat these folks), no DNA and no fingerprints linking him. The other evidence provided by top notch detectives, police work, and a good state prosecutor was what did him in though.

And thank you.

Why are you patting yourself on the back for doing your duty? It is your responsiblity as a US citizen.... nothing to be proud of. Jeeeeeez. Fucking liberals - what did you expect - Peter the Magic Pixie comes along and makes all the bad people good? Welcome to Reality 101. Idiot.

With no hope of parole.

No, you didn't.

No, no, no!!! Paperview has singlehandedly saved the United States of America from certain destruction! He's Captain Fucking America!!!

:lol:

Why are you patting yourself on the back for doing your duty? It is your responsiblity as a US citizen.... nothing to be proud of. Jeeeeeez. Fucking liberals - what did you expect - Peter the Magic Pixie comes along and makes all the bad people good? Welcome to Reality 101. Idiot.

fuck off

I wonder if you would feel that way about Police Officers or Firefighters on 9/11 or any of the day who act in great service. Or should they not feel proud because they are "just doing their duty"? Stop being a spiteful bitch for once in your time here.

It was not an open and shut case though. As I mentioned earlier, there was no blood evidence (though he had brutally beat these folks), no DNA and no fingerprints linking him. The other evidence provided by top notch detectives, police work, and a good state prosecutor was what did him in though.
Did the defendant have a good defense attorney or a public defender.
Public defenders rarely win cases, even though about a third of all defendants are (according to the last statistics I reviewed) not guilty.
So, unless the defendant confessed, there exists a very real possibility you helped put an innocent man away for the rest of his life.

Did the evidence include a confession?

Someone brutally beats a group of people. They will get splattered with blood. How then did the searches not turn up any blood evidence?
Presumably the prosecution found a way around this issue, but the defense should have trampled all over the case. If there is any reasonable chance a person did not commit the crime they must be found innocent.
Unfortunately jurists seldom have the training or experience to spot holes in the prosecutions case. Unless a good defense attorney points them out.

Recall that Jefferson preferred releasing the guilty to punishing the innocent and you may decide later that you regret your decision.

Maybe he'll die in prison soon and save the taxpayers a lot of money.

Murderers don't do that. (see link in my sig line.....35 years and counting since he killed Lori, 2 death sentences to his credit no less).

Congrats bleeding heart anti-death penalty liberal. Another asshole the taxpayer is stuck feeding, clothing, housing and providing better medical care to than most Americans receive---for the rest of his natural life no less.

You should feel GREAT. :rolleyes:
What the fuck are you on about??

Jurors don't get to choose the penalty.

I help to put the bastard away with a Guilty verdict. Two counts. First Degree.

There was no blood evidence, no DNA, no fingerprints linking him - yet the evidence shown to us convinced us all (eventually) he was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

I feel damn proud of what I did.

I lost 3 weeks of income serving on a jury, not to mention quite a few other things...yet I did my Civic Duty, trudged myself to the courtroom each day, exposed myself to other dangers, left with images of autopsy scenes, screams and cries that will never leave my mind, wrestled with the gravity of it all -

and you're here shitting on me?

Damn....I thought you were the procequtor.....

What a let-down.

fuck off

No. :tongue:

Only dude on this board whose 'fuck off' is of any import is Gunny.

fuck off

No. :tongue:

Only dude on this board whose 'fuck off' is of any import is Gunny.

Well then fuck off.

Just because it's not that important.

Last edited:

Do you have a per day quota of how many times you need to show yourself to be a spiteful asshole, or does it just come naturally?

Do you have a per day quota of how many times you need to show yourself to be a spiteful asshole, or does it just come naturally?

It's a gift. I call it 'annoying liberals with wit and wisdom' - of course you have to have a sense of humor and be of above liberal intelligence to get it. Poor you - you didn't even need to duck when the point sailed over your little liberal head.

You did your duty. So fucking what?

Did the defendant have a good defense attorney or a public defender.
Public defenders rarely win cases, even though about a third of all defendants are (according to the last statistics I reviewed) not guilty.
So, unless the defendant confessed, there exists a very real possibility you helped put an innocent man away for the rest of his life.

Did the evidence include a confession?

Someone brutally beats a group of people. They will get splattered with blood. How then did the searches not turn up any blood evidence?
Presumably the prosecution found a way around this issue, but the defense should have trampled all over the case. If there is any reasonable chance a person did not commit the crime they must be found innocent.
Unfortunately jurists seldom have the training or experience to spot holes in the prosecutions case. Unless a good defense attorney points them out.

Recall that Jefferson preferred releasing the guilty to punishing the innocent and you may decide later that you regret your decision.
I know I convicted a guilty man.

I became even more sure when the judge came into the deliberation room after we had rendered our verdict and said "you were not allowed to hear this during the trial, but this man has previously brutally assaulted people in this fashion, and even spent time in prison for it."

This is how he handles his rage. And this time it resulted in two deaths.

Yes, I am certain. All the available evidence and direct testimony, cellphone records which placed him there, comments he made after, his actions to cover it, testimony of someone who saw him seconds after the attack, the brutality of the act...all pointed to a guilty, premeditated murder.

I sleep well knowing I deliberated thoughtfully, and made the right decision.

Forum List

Back