It's obama's fault

I must admit my wife wasn't all that pleased with my purchase. I guess I need to look at some jewelry that she has been eyeing. :badgrin:

My wife would rather get a target rifle, a new Glock 19 (she has this weird fondness for semiauto pistols), or a tactical-shooting class than jewelry. Should I be worried? :confused:

Or should I be really happy? :D

Our constitution gave us the strongest weapon to fight an oppressive government. Not the gun.....but the vote

THAT is what has kept us free for 235 years

When votes don't count anymore bullets will...

That's only half true. Remember that bullets are used both to liberate and to enslave.

Which is why the potential 'enslavees' need to have unfettered access to them, and the weapons they're fired from...

I must admit my wife wasn't all that pleased with my purchase. I guess I need to look at some jewelry that she has been eyeing. :badgrin:

My wife would rather get a target rifle, a new Glock 19 (she has this weird fondness for semiauto pistols), or a tactical-shooting class than jewelry. Should I be worried? :confused:

I vote No. 2, at least she loves gifts that are functional!

Aw, a macho gun nut thread. Why anyone would want a .223 rifle instead of a good shotgun with 00 buckshot for home defense is beyond me.

Because it is easily trained, easy to handle, and multi purpose...

My 13 year old can wield my AR with no problems, and has... my saiga-12 would knock her out

How small is yer kid, dude? :) My wife's friend is about the size of a 12-year-old (4'5", ~85lbs)...she has no trouble with a shotgun, an M-14, or even my uncle's elephant rifle. She can't shoot my grandmother's M1911A1 because the grip is too large, but has used a .357 Magnum with no trouble.

I chose the AR15 because it shoots both the .223 civilian and 5.56 Nato rounds.

In a SHTF scenario or a zombie apocalypse; military calibers of ammunition will be the most plentiful.

And people who base their home defense arsenal on less popular or arcane calibers will be hard pressed to resupply their stockpile if it becomes depleted.

Which is also the same reason I recommend the 9mm as your end time personal hand gun.

A very good reason to stockpile a couple thousand rounds, IMHO...

My uncle bought a pallet of .22LR rounds a while back, I think 20 boxes at 10,000 rounds per box. No reason other than it was really cheap...and it's not like it will go bad if stored properly. :) IIRC, he's working on about the fifth box. (In the summer, we can go through a quarter box in a week.)

She still considers the 272ci stroker V6 short-block in her Grand National the best anniversary gift she ever got. :cool:

I chose the AR15 because it shoots both the .223 civilian and 5.56 Nato rounds.

In a SHTF scenario or a zombie apocalypse; military calibers of ammunition will be the most plentiful.

And people who base their home defense arsenal on less popular or arcane calibers will be hard pressed to resupply their stockpile if it becomes depleted.

Which is also the same reason I recommend the 9mm as your end time personal hand gun.

A very good reason to stockpile a couple thousand rounds, IMHO...

My uncle bought a pallet of .22LR rounds a while back, I think 20 boxes at 10,000 rounds per box. No reason other than it was really cheap...and it's not like it will go bad if stored properly. :) IIRC, he's working on about the fifth box. (In the summer, we can go through a quarter box in a week.)

Yeah, my Winchester 290 goes through 300 rounds in about 2 hours when I'm out plinking. Sometimes I've got to let the barrel cool down...:D

I'm thinking of machining a speed-loader for it, reloading that thing is TEDIOUS!

She still considers the 272ci stroker V6 short-block in her Grand National the best anniversary gift she ever got. :cool:

You're a lucky man!! :thup:

Nawh nothing wrong with that, it's just that I already have way to many firearms in her opinion. But hell she has a closet full of shoes., You can't wear but one pair at a time.:badgrin:

Because it is the best for most people.

ALL HANDGUNS SUCK!
General nervous laughter from the class…
Now let me explain. I love handguns. I teach people to shoot handguns. I carry a handgun on my person constantly. I just spent a fat chunk of money on a fancy new STI 9mm so I could have a better hoser gun for 3gun. Even with that information, every time I say handguns suck, it manages to offend the heck out of somebody on the internet, because the internet exists primarily to let random strangers get offended. So let me rephrase, handguns suck relative to long guns.
Let me break it down for you. There is only one reason we use handguns, and that is because they are convenient. They’re small, light, and you can conceal them on a person. I would look a little goofy with an AK47 under my shirt.
But in comparison to a long gun, they lack power, and they are much more difficult to learn to shoot well. Anything you can mount on your shoulder is going to be a far easier platform to get fast, accurate hits with.
Carbine vs. Shotgun vs. Pistol for home defense « Monster Hunter Nation

They lack power? Really? Explain, in detail, how my S&W Model 29 (.44 Magnum), my uncle's Ruger Super Redhawk (.454 Casull), or a Springfield Sledgehammer (.500 S&W) "lack power".

Tell you what, lets start shooting at each targets 2000 yards. I will use a M-107, you can use that Sledgehammer. Which one of us do you think will hit the target first? They are both the same caliber, but the rifle has a lot more power.

I've watched my uncle put the entire cylinder on a paint can from 250 yards (all the space we usually have) with the Sledge...he can do it maybe 49 shots out of 50 now. He's done some half-mile shooting with a pistol, though not the Sledge.

Of course, comparing anything short of a 20mm cannon or a Boys .55cal to a Barrett is pretty damned stupid. And no, they are NOT the "same caliber". That's like saying a .38 Special and a .380 are the same caliber, or a 7.62x39mm and a .308 (7.62 NATO) are the same caliber.

I've watched my uncle put the entire cylinder on a paint can from 250 yards (all the space we usually have) with the Sledge...he can do it maybe 49 shots out of 50 now. He's done some half-mile shooting with a pistol, though not the Sledge.

Of course, comparing anything short of a 20mm cannon or a Boys .55cal to a Barrett is pretty damned stupid. And no, they are NOT the "same caliber". That's like saying a .38 Special and a .380 are the same caliber, or a 7.62x39mm and a .308 (7.62 NATO) are the same caliber.

Simple physics, long arms are more powerful than handguns because the longer barrel allows the gas produced by the propellant to accelerate the bullet to a higher speed. Those are powerful handguns, but not as powerful as a rifle.

I have 100 pound Boxer dog to protect my house. Never once had a reason to own a gun and I never will. I have a child due with my GF in June, one of the first things I will teach this kid is to stay the F away from guns and stay the F away from gun lovers. sick mother fuckers you all are.

But dont worry, I hope you all can keep your guns. When the shit goes down ill just out smart you all like I have for 33 years while you all blow each other into oblivion.

So you shoot stuff

Kill any bad guys lately?

shooting happens to be fun. it's a skill like any other.

and I have never shot anyone nor do I have the desire to .

tell me do you ask everyone who takes karate if they beat anyone up for fun

Never said shooting wasn't fun.

Just that people who stock up weapons and ammunition to fight off a tyrannical government and prepare for the end of the world are a bunch of morons

And just what percentage of gun owners is that?

You gun nuts have been stroking each others dicks for what, 18 pages, wtf is this shit doing in the political section? Do you guys KY jelly your gun barrells and screw them? Or is that .22 barrell to large.

You gun nuts have been stroking each others dicks for what, 18 pages, wtf is this shit doing in the political section? Do you guys KY jelly your gun barrells and screw them? Or is that .22 barrell to large.

Are anti gun people faggots? They for some reason equate guns as dicks.

I have 100 pound Boxer dog to protect my house. Never once had a reason to own a gun and I never will. I have a child due with my GF in June, one of the first things I will teach this kid is to stay the F away from guns and stay the F away from gun lovers. sick mother fuckers you all are.

But dont worry, I hope you all can keep your guns. When the shit goes down ill just out smart you all like I have for 33 years while you all blow each other into oblivion.

Loving Family Dog Kills Baby: Could It Have Been An Accident? | Steve Dale's Pet World

Forum List

Back