It's obama's fault

I sure have

When was the last time our citizens had to take up arms against our government?

You clearly don't get it. The Very fact we are Armed is a check against the Government. Just because we have not had to use them yet, does not mean they should not be there. If you studied History you would see that one of the surest ways to oppress a people is to Disarm them.

Our constitution gave us the strongest weapon to fight an oppressive government. Not the gun.....but the vote

THAT is what has kept us free for 235 years

When votes don't count anymore bullets will...

Aw, a macho gun nut thread. Why anyone would want a .223 rifle instead of a good shotgun with 00 buckshot for home defense is beyond me.

I have my home defense weapons, I want the 223 because obama doesn't want me to have any. Now I need more ammo since I didn't have one until now I say 5000 rounds more to the 1000 I already have might be enough. But then again their is that tax on ammo you would like to see imposed. maybe 10,000 rounds

Never said shooting wasn't fun.

Just that people who stock up weapons and ammunition to fight off a tyrannical government and prepare for the end of the world are a bunch of morons

No the Moron would be the one who thinks we would never have reason to take up arms against our Government. Have you ever studied history?

I sure have

Not as long ago as you might think.

You clearly don't get it. The Very fact we are Armed is a check against the Government. Just because we have not had to use them yet, does not mean they should not be there. If you studied History you would see that one of the surest ways to oppress a people is to Disarm them.

Our constitution gave us the strongest weapon to fight an oppressive government. Not the gun.....but the vote

THAT is what has kept us free for 235 years

When votes don't count anymore bullets will...

That's only half true. Remember that bullets are used both to liberate and to enslave.

Never said shooting wasn't fun.

Just that people who stock up weapons and ammunition to fight off a tyrannical government and prepare for the end of the world are a bunch of morons

No the Moron would be the one who thinks we would never have reason to take up arms against our Government. Have you ever studied history?

I sure have

Citizens have taken up arms against a government body in Tennessee battle of Athens 1946

Where is your Christmas spirit? I'm trying to make nice for the Holiday. Are you gonna keep putting coal in my stocking?

:badgrin: dude if you think that was an apology you have mental issues.

I think you are hung up on the word apology......my bad. Let's call it a truce. We'll exchange kind words across the trench for a day or three. Whaddya say?

I have two questions for those who claim they own a gun to protect their homes:

1. How long have you owned guns for the purpose of home protection?
2. When was the last time you had to use your gun to defend your homes?

I would bet my life that the vast majority of Americans who own guns to protect their homes have never had to use them, and never will.

1. None of your business
2. Never and I never ever hope to use it.

Yeah Obama put a gun to your head and made you continue buying more guns and gun paraphernalia. It's not your small dick or paranoid view of the world or your racism or homophobia. No it's some guy who doesn't know you exist, couldn't less if he did know you existed and would probably detest you if he knew of you. bigrebnc1775 is the worst poster on USMB.

That is a ridiculous statement. Of course Obama knows he exists. If he didn't why would he be wanting to ban his guns?

And if you are so anti gun why do you have an avatar full of them depicting violence?

Because it is the best for most people.

ALL HANDGUNS SUCK!
General nervous laughter from the class…
Now let me explain. I love handguns. I teach people to shoot handguns. I carry a handgun on my person constantly. I just spent a fat chunk of money on a fancy new STI 9mm so I could have a better hoser gun for 3gun. Even with that information, every time I say handguns suck, it manages to offend the heck out of somebody on the internet, because the internet exists primarily to let random strangers get offended. So let me rephrase, handguns suck relative to long guns.
Let me break it down for you. There is only one reason we use handguns, and that is because they are convenient. They’re small, light, and you can conceal them on a person. I would look a little goofy with an AK47 under my shirt.
But in comparison to a long gun, they lack power, and they are much more difficult to learn to shoot well. Anything you can mount on your shoulder is going to be a far easier platform to get fast, accurate hits with.

Carbine vs. Shotgun vs. Pistol for home defense « Monster Hunter Nation

They lack power? Really? Explain, in detail, how my S&W Model 29 (.44 Magnum), my uncle's Ruger Super Redhawk (.454 Casull), or a Springfield Sledgehammer (.500 S&W) "lack power".

Forum List

Back