“It’s not an interference, they have information – I think I’d take it,” Trump said

I'd rather this sort of thing be a one-time aberration than a regular occurrence. After bitching about it for 4 years it would be hypocritical to welcome such dirty tricks. Besides Trump is beatable without such bullshit.

"I'd report it to the FBI". Y'all left out that part.

Somebody comes up and says, 'Hey, I have information on your opponent,' do you call the FBI?" Trump said. "I'll tell you what, I've seen a lot of things over my life. I don't think in my whole life I've ever called the FBI. In my whole life. You don't call the FBI. You throw somebody out of your office, you do whatever you do. Oh, give me a break — life doesn't work that way."

hows that -

I'd rather this sort of thing be a one-time aberration than a regular occurrence. After bitching about it for 4 years it would be hypocritical to welcome such dirty tricks. Besides Trump is beatable without such bullshit.

allowing Trump to skate on this one opens the door for politicians of every stripe FROM NOW ON.

allowing Trump to skate on this one opens the door for politicians of every stripe FROM NOW ON.

I think those doors were already open. Trump might take it, but Hillary paid for it, and Democrats are okay with that.

An FBI Deputy Director said it is NOT illegal to get information from a foreign source, but it is illegal to take money contributions, i.e. info is not a "thing of value" as the Law prescribes. So the dems and MSM are flat wrong.

Chris Wray said it was illegal.

It violates election laws, probably espionage laws. it's not only illegal but unamerican.

The Emoluments clause of the Constitution was put in that document to PREVENT foreign influence over our leaders and here is Trump virtually BEGGING for that influence to be exerted on him

It violates election laws, probably espionage laws. it's not only illegal but unamerican.

The Emoluments clause of the Constitution was put in that document to PREVENT foreign influence over our leaders and here is Trump virtually BEGGING for that influence to be exerted on him

We need the pols to get off their asses and clarify the election Laws to stipulate what is legal and illegal. The FBI Deputy Director said that discussing dirt/info on candidates is protected by the 1st Amendment, it is NOT illegal and is NOT a "thing of value". Getting illegal campaign contributions is against the Law.
The Emoluments Clause is an anti-bribery stipulation. They tried to hit Trump with that and the courts oppose it.

Lawsuit accusing Trump of violating Constitution gets hostile reception

We need the pols to get off their asses and clarify the election Laws to stipulate what is legal and illegal. The FBI Deputy Director said that discussing dirt/info on candidates is protected by the 1st Amendment, it is NOT illegal and is NOT a "thing of value". Getting illegal campaign contributions is against the Law.
The Emoluments Clause is an anti-bribery stipulation. They tried to hit Trump with that and the courts oppose it.

McConnell has blocked all attempts to safeguard our elections and avoid a repeat of the mess that has ruined Trump's presidency. Trump won the election but did he win anything of value?

This is not rocket science. It's not confusing.

But yea...with Republicans we DO need to spell out what everyone else understands ... unfortunately they block all efforts at correcting things like this

For all of the outrage that Donald is brazenly declaring his affinity to receive foreign interference in our elections, the Democrats remain impotent on impeaching him because they fear it will be politically inexpedient. So the Democrats are equally guilty.

For all of the outrage that Donald is brazenly declaring his affinity to receive foreign interference in our elections, the Democrats remain impotent on impeaching him because they fear it will be politically inexpedient. So the Democrats are equally guilty.

You don't receive foreign "interference". You receive foreign "information", like Hillary paid for and received the Steele Dossier from Russians.
The democrats like whining about things, but never get anywhere.

This is not rocket science. It's not confusing.

But yea...with Republicans we DO need to spell out what everyone else understands ... unfortunately they block all efforts at correcting things like this
Democrats’ Hypocrisy on ‘Foreign Interference’

You fool no one

trump-reporters-white-house.jpg

When a Republican benefits, it’s treason; when Democrats are in charge, the intelligence agencies serve their candidates.

The Media-Democrat shrieking over President Trump’s twaddle about taking campaign-related information from foreign powers: Is it just silly or actually dangerous?

Ukrainian parliamentarian was a source for Hillary’s campaign leak of oppo about the secret payments to Manafort.

Clinton had an amateur-hour arrangement where a cut-out law firm hired the cut-out grifters from Fusion GPS, and then they did the dirty work of hiring the foreign spy to tap the Russian sources — in their spare time from helping Putin’s cronies beat back the Justice Department.

There is no legal mandate to report outreach from foreign governments because it is not against the law to take information. We are not dealing with a crime, and there is no legal duty to report anything to the FBI.

SITUATIONAL ETHICS

In the 2016 election, Estonia did call President Obama’s administration to provide opposition research — specifically, to convey unverified intelligence that Russia might be channeling money into the Trump campaign. The Brits provided information too. So did the Aussies. So, according to former CIA director John Brennan, did a number of European governments.

Like Brennan, they had their own anti-Trump agendas. The foreign-affairs component of Trump’s populist platform seemed to be: better relations with Putin, NATO bashing, skepticism about American interventions and military commitments, and halting the U.S. taxpayer-funded gravy train for European security. Europeans did not like this, not one little bit. Next thing you knew, there were streams of anti-Trump intelligence being channeled into the CIA — none of which, it turns out, established a Trump–Russia “collusion” conspiracy. But when it comes to these countries’ “interference” in our election, I know you’ll be shocked that Democrats are not only unconcerned; they are outraged that the Justice Department is investigating!

‘Foreign Interference’: Trump's Comments and Democrats' Hypocrisy | National Review

Somebody comes up and says, 'Hey, I have information on your opponent,' do you call the FBI?" Trump said. "I'll tell you what, I've seen a lot of things over my life. I don't think in my whole life I've ever called the FBI. In my whole life. You don't call the FBI. You throw somebody out of your office, you do whatever you do. Oh, give me a break — life doesn't work that way."

hows that -
Criminals like that fucking slimeball Trump don't usually want to talk to the FBI.

hows that -
Criminals like that fucking slimeball Trump don't usually want to talk to the FBI.

Or turn over their server after it's supposedly been hacked by the Russians?

The fact that he said it is idiotic no matter what you think of the action. Politically speaking, he made the exact wrong statement.

I do find it rather funny that he could have done all this openly if he had just paid someone to do the exact same things. Then it is all above board for some reason.

Forum List

Back