It's National Engineer's Week!

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
It seems everyone gets either a day, a week, or a month so this is my week!

OIP.oBuHiTH17WE5TKafcQWNZgHaIX

Ok, then go build some toilets or whatever it is you do.

That's plumbers, they handle the beginning of the pipe, I handle what we do at the end of the pipe.

Think lots of settling, some massive bioreactors full of bacteria and cooking sludge.

Wrong engineer, but still a great old commercial.

The railroad guys get another day I think.
Speaking of railroads, what about the train wreck in Ohio that will contaminate the Ohio River?

How will you dispose of all that toxic waste water smarty?

Speaking of railroads, what about the train wreck in Ohio that will contaminate the Ohio River?

How will you dispose of all that toxic waste water smarty?

Right now we aren't getting any real details about exactly what happened. That makes me think something is being covered up. Without those details I can only guess at 1) the scope of the problem 2)what they actually did to try to fix the problem and 3) where they are now with the problem.

For water treatment, one option is to sparge the chemical out of the water, but that causes air pollution. Other options are oxidation with things like Chlorine or Ozone, but who know what "daughter" chemicals would result from that, and those might be worse than the original contaminant.

In low enough doses most organics can be dealt with naturally by bacteria, the issue is the higher concentration blooms are going to lead to massive fish kills.

Forum List

Back