It's January 2013, Morning In America

The U.S. now has a Republican president, and the GOP controls both the House and Senate. WHat is on the agenda for the next two years?

I see job 1 as repeal Obamacare. After that it is removing the building blocks of the bloated federal system. First thing is to starve the beast and institute real tax reform. Then begin eliminating programs and departments wholesale. There is no other way. Otherwise the gov't will simply regrow under the next regime.

LOL. As long as it's not a black man in charge everything will start to get better, right?

Why is everything about race for you lefties? And what if we elect Herman Cain?

Cut taxes, Cut spending, cut down on the overregulation. Cut all Unconstitutional programs.

Forget Morning in America, that didn't do enough. We need a return to Normalcy.

Equalize, not inherently cut taxes..... DRASTICALLY cut spending... work on eliminating government departments, agencies, and programs that are redundant and not a job specifically mandated by the constitution

Would be a long and arduous road though

Nothing that is worth it is easy.

The U.S. now has a Republican president, and the GOP controls both the House and Senate. WHat is on the agenda for the next two years?

I see job 1 as repeal Obamacare. After that it is removing the building blocks of the bloated federal system. First thing is to starve the beast and institute real tax reform. Then begin eliminating programs and departments wholesale. There is no other way. Otherwise the gov't will simply regrow under the next regime.

Repealing all of obamacare is not a good idea. some of the regulations are very good.

Aside from that, it depends on what kind of republicans we get.

If it's the moderates, the ones the dems want in, we are in for more of the same.
If it's social conservatives.... well, things get worse
If it's fiscal Hawks. Things will improve as long as they can push through vastly needed changes.

A fair and or flat tax to close the irs and completly level the playing field.
Close the Redundant Dept of Redundancy
Close foreign bases. I'll bet my bottom dollar East Germany will not go to war with the West. And Japan isn't going to go on another killing spree any time soon.
Shut down our southern boarder

on and on

Unthaw Hell should be the first priorty becuase how can zionist enemies burn in a lake of fire if it's frozen over?

Stop being an enemy to Israel and it won't be an issue.

As a starter, all those spending cuts, decreasing gov't size, protecting borders stuff that you said you were gonna do on the 2000 campaign trail, actually do this time instead of doing the exact opposite.

However my guess is history will repeat itself, the next rep will expand Obamacare like Reagan expanded Social Security, and even though it sounds impossible the next rep will outspend the current liberal democrat the same way Bush did with Clinton.

Fair enough. I just have a hard time taking anything Rabbi posts as being legit since I know how he views the world. I do understand what you are saying though.

I know, he has committed the unpardonable sin in your eyes.

But if you really think him to be wrong, wouldn't you try to persuade him that way rathe than ridicule him? I mean if you really care that he thinks that way.

LOL. As long as it's not a black man in charge everything will start to get better, right?

Why is everything about race for you lefties? And what if we elect Herman Cain?

He'll be our token darky, that we elected only to prove we were not racist, which only proves we all actually are racist, since he's nothing more than an Uncle Tom

Only if the Republicans wise up and elect a Ron Paul or Gary Johnson would this happen. If we go down the same old path of "acceptable" candidates and get a Romney, Palin, Newt, etc. we will just get the same old shit we've had all along. Bush had 8 years in the presidency with 6 years of a Republican controlled congress. Tell me, what parts of the conservative agenda did they accomplish? The same agenda items you'll get accomplished with Romney, Palin, Newt, etc. A lot of rhetoric and flag waving and status quo.

If you really want conservative change, you are going to have to elect a real conservative willing to make change.

I never agree with Rabbi on anything but someone enligthen me, what has he said or what views does he have that are racist?

Cut spending.... slash Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Unemployment and all other unconstitutional social welfare programs. Close all foreign US Military Bases. Cut ALL foreign aid. Remove the US from the United Nations and NATO permanently (and demand they remove themselves from the US).

Institute puative tarrifs on ALL goods going into or out of the United States. Especially on foreign goods coming into the US. Close all US Embassies abroad. Cut diplomatic ties with all foreign governments.

Convene a Constitutional Convention to write a balanced budget and limited spending amendment; and to start looking at a total re-write and updating of the document as a whole.

.... At least that's what SHOULD happen.

Im not so sure about the Constitutional convention. I dont have a problem with it in theory. But we as a people probably shouldn't have one. We aren't ready for it. The Progressive cancer is just too strong right now. We need alot of Chemo and soul searching for. We need to educate the people to the purpose of our Republic first.

We need to clean the inward vessel before the outward vessel can be fixed.

Repealing all of obamacare is not a good idea. some of the regulations are very good.

If it's the moderates, the ones the dems want in, we are in for more of the same.
If it's fiscal Hawks. Things will improve as long as they can push through vastly needed changes.

Close foreign bases. I'll bet my bottom dollar East Germany will not go to war with the West. And Japan isn't going to go on another killing spree any time soon.

on and on

East Germany, I wouldnt worry about. Russia and a not yet named Islamic empire... i dont know.

If you really want conservative change, you are going to have to elect a real conservative willing to make change.

While I don't dispute that we need conservatives in office, if we want real change we conservatives need to step up and fix ourselves first. We will not be able to change the government until we can govern ourselves.

I never agree with Rabbi on anything but someone enligthen me, what has he said or what views does he have that are racist?

He's made comments against black politicians because he sees what happens to cities under their leadership (plus i suppose this nation now) and isnt happy with the results.

Quite honestly, I think it's less a race issue and more a cultural issue. But as anything even percieved to be involving race makes everyone go super emotional and not think things through he is quickly labeled a racist and dismissed from the conversation despite the many good points he has.

He's made comments against black politicians because he sees what happens to cities under their leadership (plus i suppose this nation now) and isnt happy with the results.

Quite honestly, I think it's less a race issue and more a cultural issue. But as anything even percieved to be involving race makes everyone go super emotional and not think things through he is quickly labeled a racist and dismissed from the conversation despite the many good points he has.

Yeah, that's disgusting.

on and on

East Germany, I wouldnt worry about. Russia and a not yet named Islamic empire... i dont know.

I doubt the soviets are in any mood for another cold war.

I should have been more specific.

There are many ports and bases that we maintian overseas that were put there b/c or WW2 or the Cold War.

We need a review, to determine the useless ones [like the one in Spain] and either close them or charge the country they are in the cost of having them there.

I doubt the soviets are in any mood for another cold war.

I should have been more specific.

There are many ports and bases that we maintian overseas that were put there b/c or WW2 or the Cold War.

We need a review, to determine the useless ones [like the one in Spain] and either close them or charge the country they are in the cost of having them there.

Oh, when war comes it wont be cold.

And quite frankly if we don't change ourselves soon, we won't be in a position to fight any war, cold or otherwise.

While I don't dispute that we need conservatives in office, if we want real change we conservatives need to step up and fix ourselves first. We will not be able to change the government until we can govern ourselves.

But under our system, we govern ourselves thru a representative government. We are responsible for who gets elected to govern. The window dressing for "conservatives" is wrapping yourself in the flag, bullets and the Bible, talking low taxes and smaller gubmint. But after the election when push comes to shove, the "conservatives" keep up the status quo of giving people what they want in order to get votes and stay in power. In that respect, they are no different than liberals.

I'll give this to the Democrats, when they have an agenda, they buckle down and work to make it a reality. Obamacare is an example. Like I said earlier, which of those red meat, hot point, conservative items did Bush and company get passed when they were in control for 6 out of 8 years? None. All talk, no walk. I don't expect a Romney or Palin to be any different......no matter how eloquent their "tea party" talking points are.

We have to elect a real conservative who is willing to go into office focused on a few key agenda items and work his ass off to achieve them regardless of whether or not he can get re-elected four years later. That is leadership.

Hopefully it would be the defunding of the following:

US Dept of Education
EPA
Obamacare
DEA
CFPB
US Dept of Energy
NPR
NEA

etc., etc., etc.

Forum List

Back