It's Here Folks: Race Based Hair Discrimination!

Meathead

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
I guess it was inevitable <sigh>. The irony of Booker bring this up is probably lost on some:

U.S.
Cory Booker to Introduce Bill Banning Race-Based Hair Discrimination
Mairead McArdle,National Review 3 hours ago
eb96a293c29d7bb0b38570d95a103fcd

Democratic presidential candidate Senator Cory Booker will introduce a bill on Thursday prohibiting race-based hair discrimination

The Create a Respectful and Open World for Natural Hair (CROWN) Act will target discrimination against natural or protective hairstyles frequently associated with a particular race, including specific hair textures and styles such as such as braids, twists or locs.

“Discrimination against black hair is discrimination against black people,” the New Jersey Democrat said in a statement. “Implicit and explicit biases against natural hair are deeply ingrained in workplace norms and society at large. This is a violation of our civil rights, and it happens every day for black people across the country.”

“No one should be harassed, punished, or fired for the beautiful hairstyles that are true to themselves and their cultural heritage,” Booker added.

I guess it was inevitable <sigh>. The irony of Booker bring this up is probably lost on some:

U.S.

Democratic presidential candidate Senator Cory Booker will introduce a bill on Thursday prohibiting race-based hair discrimination

The Create a Respectful and Open World for Natural Hair (CROWN) Act will target discrimination against natural or protective hairstyles frequently associated with a particular race, including specific hair textures and styles such as such as braids, twists or locs.

“Discrimination against black hair is discrimination against black people,” the New Jersey Democrat said in a statement. “Implicit and explicit biases against natural hair are deeply ingrained in workplace norms and society at large. This is a violation of our civil rights, and it happens every day for black people across the country.”

“No one should be harassed, punished, or fired for the beautiful hairstyles that are true to themselves and their cultural heritage,” Booker added.

Only a matter of time before they insist on crotchless pants as a cultural rite.

Jo

How about if someone shaves a swastika in their hair, and states that they are just proud of their German heritage?

Would they be protected by Sen. Booker's law?

U.S.

No one should be harassed, punished, or fired for the beautiful hairstyles

Agreed, but sloppy dreads and other wacky shit has no place in professional environments.

U.S.

Agreed, but sloppy dreads and other wacky shit has no place in professional environments.

If someone is working as a stock broker or financial analyst, or is in the business of selling Cadillacs, they really should have a neat hair cut and be dressing sharply. People aren't comfortable with giving someone that looks like a bum a check for $100,000 or more.

U.S.

Booker should also address discrimination against black people who wear traditional African gear like Kufi has, pants worn in the traditional African sagging style, and expensive and fancy sneakers.

Banks and brokerage houses expect their employees to wear Honky style suits and ties, and hard dress shoes.

Easy for baldy to say.

Now with Kamala Harris out he is groveling for votes as the only candidate of color.
If that's not affirmative action I don't know what is.

How about your platform and qualifications, Cory? Ahem...did you see I'm the only candidate of color left?

Last edited:
Easy for baldy to say.

Now with Kamala Harris out he is groveling for votes as the only candidate of color.
If that's not affirmative action I don't know what is.

How about your platform and qualifications, Cory? Ahem...did you see I'm the only candidate of color left?

But Booker isn't the only candidate of color left at all. African American Deval Patrick, Hispanic Julian Castro and Samoan Tulsi Gabbard are still in the race. And don't forget Pocahontas, whose 1/1000% indian heritage now looms large.

But Booker isn't the only candidate of color left at all. African American Deval Patrick, Hispanic Julian Castro and Samoan Tulsi Gabbard are still in the race. And don't forget Pocahontas, whose 1/1000% indian heritage now looms large.
Booker called himself the only candidate of color left. I wasn't aware someone named Deval Patrick has ever been in the race. Julian Castro has said me too but Booker is ignoring him and Gabbard calls herself a candidate of color, which is technically true, I guess, but that claim is pretty lame.
Warren can forget about crap like her Indian heritage claim. It's been dealt with.

I agree with Booker. We need government to determine which hair styles private employers must accept.

;)

Booker called himself the only candidate of color left. I wasn't aware someone named Deval Patrick has ever been in the race. Julian Castro has said me too but Booker is ignoring him and Gabbard calls herself a candidate of color, which is technically true, I guess, but that claim is pretty lame.
Warren can forget about crap like her Indian heritage claim. It's been dealt with.

I think we forgot about Andrew Yang,the oriental gentleman is also a candidate of color

U.S.

But.....but....but.... There's nothing more professional then the putrid and penetrating odor of a ten month unwashed dredlock..... I mean it's just aroma therapy..... Nomshayin?

I agree with Booker. We need government to determine which hair styles private employers must accept.

;)

Step by slippery step we are sliding down the culturally slimed slope toward government regulation of each and every bowel movement.

Jo

U.S.

But.....but....but.... There's nothing more professional then the putrid and penetrating odor of a ten month unwashed dredlock..... I mean it's just aroma therapy..... Nomshayin?

I don't think I would want to see a dentist or other medical professional that had dreadlocks or was otherwise unkempt.

U.S.

Booker should also address discrimination against black people who wear traditional African gear like Kufi has, pants worn in the traditional African sagging style, and expensive and fancy sneakers.

Banks and brokerage houses expect their employees to wear Honky style suits and ties, and hard dress shoes.
This is a perfect time to address decades of discrimination against nudists in the workplace.

Jo

U.S.

This is a perfect time to address decades of discrimination against nudists in the workplace.

Jo

Good point. The local garbage collectors have their truck in front of my home right now. And , unbelievably, none of the men are nudists.

U.S.

Jo

Good point. The local garbage collectors have their truck in front of my home right now. And , unbelievably, none of the men are nudists.

Ahh.....be a good citizen then and report this heinous injustice to the Booker cultural injustice league.
A garbage crew without at least one practicing nudist should be disbanded immediately after being fined.

Jo

Forum List

Back