It will be Republican Chuck Hagel 4 Defense Secretary: Whoo Hoo! Fight is on.

Hagel voted for Iraq War. He opposed the surge, after the war had turned unpopular.

Watch the GOP eat it's own over this one. And the US Senate will see the GOP ranks split over this.

:eusa_clap:

politics aside, Hagel is as qualified as any other potential nominee. :cool:

I'm sure he's qualified.

But I don't care for him. His comments about gays are inexcusable. And his view of the middle east seems intentionally combative. He could have made better picks.

Obama's pick for president of Egypt

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w95Q1OPfNnE]Morsi Refers to Jews as "The Descendants of Apes and Pigs" - YouTube[/ame]

see... that is why you could never convince anyone of anything.

you just spew.

we didn't "pick" Egypt's president. and while you might want to, we can't.

get over yourself.

I'm sure he's qualified.

But I don't care for him. His comments about gays are inexcusable. And his view of the middle east seems intentionally combative. He could have made better picks.

Obama's pick for president of Egypt

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w95Q1OPfNnE]Morsi Refers to Jews as "The Descendants of Apes and Pigs" - YouTube[/ame]

you just spew.

get over yourself.

You yourself showed some belief that Morsi was some kind of peace maker as long as Obama and Hillary backed him he’s fine with you

Watch the GOP eat it's own over this one. And the US Senate will see the GOP ranks split over this.

:eusa_clap:

politics aside, Hagel is as qualified as any other potential nominee. :cool:

I'm sure he's qualified.

there are conservative gays who have said far worse things about gays, who have become part of the Lavender Mafia after doing an apology tour.

To judge a man by a few comments years ago is to be intolerable and illiberal.

His views about the middle east were not so far outside the acceptable as to disqualify him as incapable of being fair and a friend of Israel. healthy criticism should be encouraged, not shouted down

Liberals will love Hagel, he’s not a friend of Israel and he'll be happily overseeing the downsizing of the American military

Being a huge supporter of Israel and a liberal, I will say Hagel will not be bad for American Israeli relations

Hagel is no friend of Israel and niether is Obama. Hagel is a loose cannon, he should not be Secretary of anything

Jews and Israelis disagree with you here. Obama has been a friend of Israel. Hagel is a friend of Israel. Healthy criticism should be encouraged not denounced as heresy :lol:

I can't see any legitimate reason for Republicans to be opposing Hagel. Makes no sense whatsoever.
He opposed the Iraq War and he isn't bought and paid for by the Israel Lobby.

Republicans can't stand that.

Republicans (not all of them) are angry because Hagel stuck to his principles and refused to follow the party line

you just spew.

get over yourself.

You yourself showed some belief that Morsi was some kind of peace maker as long as Obama and Hillary backed him he’s fine with you

when did i say morsi was a peacemaker? i said... what i will say again.... which is he wants the money egypt gets for keeping the peace. and he wants a loan from the Int'l Monetary Fund. Those are self-serving reasons for him not to make war. that doesn't make him a 'peacemaker'.

you have a total and complete inability to see anything but extremes.

you just spew.

get over yourself.

when did i say morsi was a peacemaker? i said... what i will say again.... which is he wants the money egypt gets for keeping the peace. and he wants a loan from the Int'l Monetary Fund. Those are self-serving reasons for him not to make war. that doesn't make him a 'peacemaker'.

you have a total and complete inability to see anything but extremes.

The muslim brotherhood is a extremist organization they bide their time and work slowly Obama said nothing about Morsi's power grab he says nothing about the Christians in Egypt Hillary pushes for complete turnover of power from the military to the new government (the muslim brotherhood) and we continue to sell Egypt state if the art weapons I call it as I see it. If a Republican were doing the samething thing I'd have the same reaction

He didn't dance to the tune of a foreign lobby while he held office & this makes him bad because...? Show's he has backbone & will stand on principle instead of cowering before a foreign lobby that, no doubt, threatened to fund his competitors when he was in office. Thats how Grover Norquist's operation works as well.

Being a huge supporter of Israel and a liberal, I will say Hagel will not be bad for American Israeli relations

Hagel is no friend of Israel and niether is Obama. Hagel is a loose cannon, he should not be Secretary of anything

Jews and Israelis disagree with you here. Obama has been a friend of Israel. Hagel is a friend of Israel. Healthy criticism should be encouraged not denounced as heresy :lol:

Obama is not popular in Israel..Neither is Hagel for that matter of course that is a resume enhancement for some

Obama is not popular in Israel..Neither is Hagel for that matter of course that is a resume enhancement for some

that isn't true either.

he's not popular among the FAR RIGHT in israel.

but at least some of that is constant lies on the part of neocon nutters.

Safe to say jillian hates him. :lol:

That would be true in my estimation as well ;)

i know that israel hatred blinds you. but no, i don't hate him. i just don't think he should head the DOD.

you sound like the loons when you say things like that.
That someone isn't a blood-shooting-out-the-ears Isreal-firster like you, doesn't automatically mean that they hate Israel.

You sound like the loon that you are when you say things like that. :lol:

He didn't dance to the tune of a foreign lobby while he held office & this makes him bad because...? Show's he has backbone & will stand on principle instead of cowering before a foreign lobby that, no doubt, threatened to fund his competitors when he was in office. Thats how Grover Norquist's operation works as well.

what 'foreign lobby' do you prefer?

OPEC?

again, i've seen you on this issue. you hate israel. so honestly, your opinion on this subject isn't exactly something i would find particularly convincing.

That would be true in my estimation as well ;)

i know that israel hatred blinds you. but no, i don't hate him. i just don't think he should head the DOD.

you sound like the loons when you say things like that.
That someone isn't a blood-shooting-out-the-ears Isreal-firster like you, doesn't automatically mean that they hate Israel.

You sound like the loon that you are when you say things like that. :lol:

you know, if jroc thinks i'm a traitor to jewish causes. and you think i'm an israel firster... i'll happily take the middle ground between a pos like you...and an extremist like him.

p.s. that whole israel firster thing, especially in regard to someone like me who has continually voted against neo-cons, is a pretty good indication of raging anti-semitism, since your only argument for calling me that is i don't hate israel and i don't think jews should die for terrorists and their supporters.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back