It Was Only A Matter Of Time Before Voter ID Law Enforcement Became Voting Quizzes

i doubt any of the pandering left-wing losers even know any poor people
i dont know a single poor person; and i know many people that are poor; that cant afford an ID.

Black people have been targeted throughout this countries history by assholes who dont want them to vote.

FACTS

Them assholes are called Democrats.

Remember it was the Republican party that fought for and won the right for blacks to vote in the first place.

I don't argue with that stupid twat.
I just slam her down and hope she cries.

They are asking for names, addresses and date of birth.
Some motherfuckers are so stupid they'll have trouble with that. Why should they be voting?
Here's what the law states they should do...
  • 1st ask for their name and address
  • 2nd ask for their id to verify what they said.

Here's what these RW SCUMBAGS are actually doing
  • 1st asking for their names and addresses
  • 2nd asking for their ids
  • 3rd asking to spell names and addresses
  • 4th asking additional questions based on the ids like age, weight, height, etc.

Basically HARASSING non-Republican voters.

THAT is voter fraud.

You should be as outraged as I am.

Do you have a link to support this claim? Because the link that you posted says that the voters were asked for their names, addresses and DOB. It says nothing about them asking for "age, weight, height, etc."

Please post the link to support this claim.

Rick (hboats)

I asked ATL for this information. He's yet to come forth with.

Seems like the RW politicos in Arkansas are going back to an America of yesterday. An America of the Jim Crow laws and segregation. An America where blacks had to pass "How many beans are in that jar" quizzes in order to cast a vote.

Arkansas Voters Complain About Quizzing By Poll Workers Checking IDs

So is that what they mean by "We want to take our country back?"

What do the USMB RWers have to say about this?

:wtf:

Asking them their name, address and birth date is equal to Jim Crow?

You make it sound like they are asking questions like how many branches of government there are. It just says people complained about being asked about their personal information on their license. This seriously sounds like a chip on the shoulder complainer being interviewed by a chip on their shoulder reporter being written by a chip on his shoulder OP...
It increases the time spent on each voter, therefore increasing the time needed to vote, amounting to increased burden and ultimately voter suppression.

99.9 percent of everything you do , you need an ID. Including welfare, food stamps, Social security ect , Medicaid... You guys say that the people who don't have IDs are poor. If they are poor then they get one or more of the above benefits .> So, if they have an ID for these benefits , then why don't have one for voting??? The only reason why DEMS don't want voter ID laws is because they know illegals are voting, dead people are voting ect. And this would stop this and they know those people vote DEM..

Seems like the RW politicos in Arkansas are going back to an America of yesterday. An America of the Jim Crow laws and segregation. An America where blacks had to pass "How many beans are in that jar" quizzes in order to cast a vote.

Arkansas Voters Complain About Quizzing By Poll Workers Checking IDs

So is that what they mean by "We want to take our country back?"

What do the USMB RWers have to say about this?

It would require a Constitutional Amendment, but I do believe that EVERYONE should have to pass a 50 question, multiple choice exam about basic civics, the offices/questions being voted on, and the candidates for those offices in order to be allowed to vote. A minimum passing grade would be 75%. Those who do not pass for three consecutive election cycles or who choose not to take the test (and therefore not vote) for three consecutive cycles would lose their voter registration.
That would cost the Republicans the entire South! As you know, those no-tooth hicks in the sticks don't know Jack! :lol:

Ahh A racist stereotype.
And should one of these fly back at you, you'd scream like a little bitch.
Well Junior, it cuts both ways.
Regional stereotype dummy. Get with the program.

Smedly--Some people will never know why those of us with long memories, even if we theoretically favor rational voter ID laws are very very suspicious of even the slightest possibility of turning them into techniques to disenfrachise blocks of voters considered "unfavorable" by those who control the application of the laws.

The "beans-in-the-jar" example is a very good one. The literacy tests of the Jim Crow era still haunt some of us. The polling officials had absolute power to decide who passed and who failed. Even the slightest spelling mistake could disqualify a black voter while a white voter with a mostly blank test could be "passed". I know this history seems irrelevant to many. To others it is easily imagined how subtle discrimination could creep into even the seemingly most benign registration laws.

Here's a little history lesson. These are 30 questions from a 1965 Alabama literacy test.
!965 is not ancient history.

1965 Alabama Literacy Test....................................................................................................................................................Imagine 30 pretty tough civics questions (by the way these were 30 out of 68 questions actually on the test. Or go back to the original post .....................

Lonestar-I can answer each one, can you?

Now besides knowing you are a full fledged racist I have no problem assuming you are a lying sack of shit as well. Besides asshole the point is even if a Black answered every question correctly a polling authority could find an excuse to fail him. Now go shoot some gophers or whatever you do to make your pathetic meaningless existance bearable.

See? Nothing is never enough....but they really care about voter fraud not about preventing people from voting :doubt:

I could understand the concern if only Democrats were asked these questions, but if everyone is subject to the same questioning how is voter fraud?

See the difference between me and you is that this is unfair and the persons politics do not play a part in my decision unlike you. This is a poll tax and if it is being applied to everyone it needs to stop. If its applied to only repubs it needs to stop.

Has anyone NOT been allowed to vote because of these questions? Has anyone NOT been allowed to vote because they had no ID?

You idiots seem to think that minorities are too stupid and/or too lazy to A) get an ID and B) to answer basic questions. Why is that?

You dont care about the answers, you'll find more and more questions to ask as if any of it will change your mind lol.

Yeah, thats what they used to say when they wanted minorities to guess how many jelly beans are in the jar. "Just some basic questions"....wrong answer, cant vote bye.

No one falling for your bullshit appeal to emotions fallacy :lol:

You libs liove in hysterics.
Jelly beans?
These people were asked simple questions to verify their ID.
Democrat poll workers asking likely democrat voters...
BTW, NO ONE has been able to prove that only democrat voters were asked. No one has been able to show any credible evidence of same. No one has been able to show any evidence that likely GOP voters were not also being asked to verify their IDs
This has NOT been picked up by any credible news agency.
You libbies got your panties in a wad over some douche bag writing a blog.
None of you has even bothered to check the story.
You are doing one thing correctly. That is making liberals look like hysterical reactionaries.
Good job.

facts mean nothing to you

science means nothing to you

you believe whatever the right tells you to believe

Fact: Without the Republicans leading the way there would have been no 13th, 14th and 15th amendments.

Take this little test and see how well you do.

History Test

Post your results if you're not a coward.

Then why do you now hate black people and seek to keep them from voting?

what happened

How'd you do on the test?
BTW, you don't get to have an opinion. You're too stupid. Even liberals run from you.

Smedly--Some people will never know why those of us with long memories, even if we theoretically favor rational voter ID laws are very very suspicious of even the slightest possibility of turning them into techniques to disenfrachise blocks of voters considered "unfavorable" by those who control the application of the laws.

The "beans-in-the-jar" example is a very good one. The literacy tests of the Jim Crow era still haunt some of us. The polling officials had absolute power to decide who passed and who failed. Even the slightest spelling mistake could disqualify a black voter while a white voter with a mostly blank test could be "passed". I know this history seems irrelevant to many. To others it is easily imagined how subtle discrimination could creep into even the seemingly most benign registration laws.

Here's a little history lesson. These are 30 questions from a 1965 Alabama literacy test.
!965 is not ancient history.

1965 Alabama Literacy Test....................................................................................................................................................Imagine 30 pretty tough civics questions (by the way these were 30 out of 68 questions actually on the test. Or go back to the original post .....................

Lonestar-I can answer each one, can you?

Now besides knowing you are a full fledged racist I have no problem assuming you are a lying sack of shit as well. Besides asshole the point is even if a Black answered every question correctly a polling authority could find an excuse to fail him. Now go shoot some gophers or whatever you do to make your pathetic meaningless existance bearable.

Kindly provide ONE example of where Jim Crow style polling "quizzes" were used now to prevent blacks from voting. I'd like to see it, Smedly...because if you CAN'T then you're simply playing the race card.

why are you pretending they are needed at all liar?

Well since you didn't follow the link showing the recent voter fraud cases committed by Democrats then I can understand why you would ask such a stupid question.

What exactly have I lied about? Please link to my supposed lie.

You are dealing with a person who has the mind of a child.

It increases the time spent on each voter, therefore increasing the time needed to vote, amounting to increased burden and ultimately voter suppression.

That's why you offer the test for 30 days prior to the election at the Registrar of Voter's office. Those who pass get added to the voting rolls. Those who don't pass, don't get added to the rolls. Problem solved.

Tell that to history

Better yet dont tell it to history because history doesnt give a shit what you deem as retarded or not. Its a fact. :lol:

The past has nothing to do with what's happening today.

These are not literacy test, these are questions to determine that they are who they say they are and it's not limited to blacks or one political party.

But thanks for acknowledging the racist past of the Democrats.

So now that you know a question has been considered a poll tax now your stance is we should ignore history because you want me too? :lol:

Like I said, people arent falling for your appeal to emotions or your lack of historical knowledge. They dont care what you think is retarded because you clearly dont know history :lol:

No..YOU decided the questions were a form of a poll tax.
You are attempting to create your own narrative.
There is no requirement to respond to your narrative.

Well it's not only doing that.

Voter ID laws are specifically made to suppress the vote..

It does it in several ways:

1. Insurances a "tax" by making sure valid ids are costly.
2. Slows down the voting processes considerably insuring many won't have the opportunity to vote.
3. Adds greater intimidation to voters.

Voter ID.s are free.

How does it slow down the process?

Needing an ID is intimidating?
Last week I voted in the Ohio Primaries. I was asked for an I.D. I had my driver's license. But the guy who came in behind me did not have an I.D. the poll worker would not give him a ballot. And the guy was the husband of said poll worker. He had to go home and get his I.D. If that is not a grand example of slowing down the process, thus repressing the vote, I don't know what is.
Did he vote? If so, his right to vote was not denied.
End of story.

Forum List

Back