It occurred to me yesterday........

You are in my prayers and have been [MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION] Do what you like and don't worry what others say or think. And miracles happen. I was supposed to go to my sisters in Maryland today to visit for the last time. Last January she had a complete physical and got a clean bill of health. In May she went to the emergency room and they discovered cancer in her Superior Vena Cava, her lung and liver. They gave her a year then. Since then it has spread to her brain. I am not going today because the dosage of morphine is so heavy she is totally out of it and she would not be aware or remember me being there. I talked with my nephew and we agreed that I will not go until the end. Which they say is 2 months or less. As long as it's fine with my nephew I could care less what others think. I want to remember her the way she was on my last visit. So be yourself, do what you think is right and remember there are those of us who have always stood by you. God bless!

Thanks, BR, I will pray for you as well.

Thank you Sunshine. We didn't get the 2 months after all. My sister died this morning.

You are in my prayers and have been [MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION] Do what you like and don't worry what others say or think. And miracles happen. I was supposed to go to my sisters in Maryland today to visit for the last time. Last January she had a complete physical and got a clean bill of health. In May she went to the emergency room and they discovered cancer in her Superior Vena Cava, her lung and liver. They gave her a year then. Since then it has spread to her brain. I am not going today because the dosage of morphine is so heavy she is totally out of it and she would not be aware or remember me being there. I talked with my nephew and we agreed that I will not go until the end. Which they say is 2 months or less. As long as it's fine with my nephew I could care less what others think. I want to remember her the way she was on my last visit. So be yourself, do what you think is right and remember there are those of us who have always stood by you. God bless!

Thanks, BR, I will pray for you as well.

Thank you Sunshine. We didn't get the 2 months after all. My sister died this morning.

I'm sorry for your loss, BR. When they are suffering, we tend to think death will be a relief, but it is still just as bad for those left. We are never ready to let go.

none of us really know when will die

so the best policy is to continue to keep busy living

everyday not lived like it is your last day on Earth

is a day wasted

you are in our prayers

if you ever need to talk

as you know feel free to PM me

Well, my hairdresser wanted to try getting the mess I put in my hair out by just using color. The result if it failed would be having to strip it. My being the most likely to end up in a casket of anyone in the salon, I jus told her to strip it now and recolor it because instant gratification isn't soon enough and the funeral home hairdresser won't fix bad color. She honored my wish.

i have overcome problems like that

i too have planned ahead

i go to the oven long before others see me

is a day wasted

you are in our prayers

if you ever need to talk

Well, my hairdresser wanted to try getting the mess I put in my hair out by just using color. The result if it failed would be having to strip it. My being the most likely to end up in a casket of anyone in the salon, I jus told her to strip it now and recolor it because instant gratification isn't soon enough and the funeral home hairdresser won't fix bad color. She honored my wish.

i have overcome problems like that

i too have planned ahead

i go to the oven long before others see me

Not a bad idea at all!~

I rather like the song Walking on Sunshine. That seems to happen around here a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION]

so it appears the MIL's lungs are now shot and will not recover.... and will have to go onto O2 24/7. She is never above 95 and usually dips well below 90.....

any suggestions on portable concentrators?

[MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION]

so it appears the MIL's lungs are now shot and will not recover.... and will have to go onto O2 24/7. She is never above 95 and usually dips well below 90.....

any suggestions on portable concentrators?

There are some very small concentrators no larger than a thermos. The problem you have presented is one I, myself, will have to deal with. Unfortunately the disease I have is not in my area of practice. You, or she, needs to press her oxygen company to get her one of the very small ones. They will stick you with those large things if they can. The large ones are in stock and they rent them, so it is in their interest to rent what they have instead of getting more. I had several patients in the VA who had them, but I never know the brand. They got theirs through the VA. And I have forgetter names of the patients even though I can see their faces very clearly in my mind.

I saw a woman on the elevator of the hospital where I get my labs done and she had one of the small ones with a strap. You just throw it over your shoulder. I asked her the brand, but she didn't know and it wasn't on the outside of the sleeve. She said they tried to stick her with one of those big things too and she wouldn't have it.

Here is a link to a small portable concentrator that comes with a way to carry it.

http://www.vitalitymedical.com/invac...entrator.html?
utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=pro ducts&feed_special=google&gclid=CKyjyoX_4rwCFUdk7A odeA8A8g

If you go to that website you get a pop up from someone who works there who could likely answer your questions.

They wanted to put me on oxygen from day one. But my sats are OK as long as I'm up. I'm on it at night only, and the large concentrator is such a distraction that I keep it in another room with enough tubing to reach the bed in my room. I am usually happy if mine is 95 or above. At night it is more like 80 without the O2. But the time is quickly approaching when it will be 24/7. I saw a conversation on the PH association website. Woman says, 'I'm on 7 liters of oxygen and doing great.' I could only sit there and think, 'you are on 7 liters of oxygen, you are NOT doing great!' But that's just me. I'm hanging on to my ability to do things without that for as long as I can because that would bet two machines attached to my body. One is more than enough!

More than you asked, sorry.

Last edited:
Thanks!

:eek:

7 liters...is not doing great!!! holy shit! The Mil is on 2

That is what I'm on at night, 2 liters. Before I went on vacation, they did an overnight pulse oximetry to see if that was adequate and it is. I do all my own care and don't have to have home health involved. I've had the Hickman catheter since 2011 and never had an infection. I think that type of care is really hard for a lay person to do for herself. They always complement me on how good it looks when I go to the doctor.

Sunday Sunshine...where's my horse.?

[ame=http://youtu.be/T7ZLEQ3MCZA]"All For The Love Of Sunshine" - YouTube[/ame]

is a day wasted

you are in our prayers

if you ever need to talk

[MENTION=42969]jon_berzerk[/MENTION]

Going to be on a new medicine fairly soon. It's in the approval pathway as we speak. Insurance pays for it, but it requires a lot gyrations to get it approved. Research as to efficacy is sketchy. No matter, not much left on my bucket list. I still would like to go to Hawaii. And I want to be able to live in my own home.

Are things like a lung transplant a possibility for your disease Sunshine?

Forum List

Back