It is absurd to use the word "REASON" to describe Atheism.

Oh boy, YWC is telling his fellow buddies who post on bible blogs about science to come to this site.

Except he is arguing the opposite, that the Sun is becoming more random and therefore less ordered.

The law of entropy applies to a "closed system". In a closed system, energy and matter do not enter or leave the system.

The sun is an open system. Energy and particles are constantly leaving the sun.

Also, the energy stored in the sun is constantly decreasing because it is being dispersed to the planets and outer space. This dispersal of energy is an increase in entropy.

The law of entropy states that everything seeks a state of equilibrium.

The universe is a closed system.

Exactly, The universe IS a closed system and the entropy of the universe is constantly increasing. Everything as a whole is becoming more dispersed, random and equalized.

The law of entropy applies to a "closed system". In a closed system, energy and matter do not enter or leave the system.

Also, the energy stored in the sun is constantly decreasing because it is being dispersed to the planets and outer space. This dispersal of energy is an increase in entropy.

Exactly, The universe IS a closed system and the entropy of the universe is constantly increasing. Everything as a whole is becoming more dispersed, random and equalized.
Then how do you explain the distant universe speeding up? If entropy is constantly increasing the universe should be constantly slowing down!

It makes me very frustrated when activists hijack the word “reason” to describe the belief that there is definitely no higher power and that everything they we see around us is the the product of random chance.

The theories of evolution and big bang are just “theories”. Evolution is based on random mutations. The big bang theory does not explain how the ingredients for the big bang were created. Did something come from nothing? Did life arise from inanimate objects by chance and it can’t be duplicated on purpose in a laboratory? These theories seem silly to me.

There are many, many theories about how God created the universe and life aside from the satirical theory that you mention. But my main belief is that God knows things that we are not capable of understanding.

Did you know that if a monkey sat at a typewriter for the entire life of the universe (about 14 billion years) and typed random letters continuously, he would never write a novel by random chance. IMHO it is unreasonable to conclude that the trillions of cells in our body that make up complicated organs that all work together came to be from random mutations over a period of several hundred million years. Although we witness many species going extinct, no one has ever witnessed the creation of a new species. The only thing scientists have observed are mutations within a species.

IMHO the most reasonable theory is that a power beyond our understanding created all that we see.

I'd rep you again, but it'll have to wait.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xhgxDukods]Kent Hovind - The Dangers of Evolution - YouTube[/ame]

A magic man made us out of dust to look just lie him. He watches over us every day and does bad things to us if we displease him........seems reasonable to me

Oh, I see. Your Grandpa was a monkey? Or a rock? Or some primodial soup? :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfESdJ0wVIg&feature=relmfu]VenomFangX - Evolution Wants to Make a Monkey Out of You part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

A magic man made us out of dust to look just lie him. He watches over us every day and does bad things to us if we displease him........seems reasonable to me

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfESdJ0wVIg&feature=relmfu]VenomFangX - Evolution Wants to Make a Monkey Out of You part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

For those of us who try to help fundamental religious people learn to respect science, this is what we're up against.

Just wave the white flag and give up and move on to people who aren't anti-science.

As long as these people aren't teaching our children or future children, everything is fine.

Last edited:
It is absurd for atheists use reason as a description of their beliefs. The proper word is faith.

Well, according to Creation, everything came from nothing!
No thing (God) created everything from nothing.
Or are you claiming that God is a thing, and if so what thing is God?

According to creation God created matter time began. Which is when life started and matter is what everything is made up of.

How did god create matter from nothing?

What scientific proof do you have on the creation of matter?

You would have to ask God but he created a bunch of it. Do you know how much our universe is made up of dark matter ?

Everything has a beginning that is what we can reason from evidence but some can't reason a being that never had a beginning.

I have no evidence of the creation of matter nor do you have evidence of matter always existing.

According to creation God created matter time began. Which is when life started and matter is what everything is made up of.

How did god create matter from nothing?

What scientific proof do you have on the creation of matter?

You would have to ask God but he created a bunch of it. Do you know how much our universe is made up of dark matter ?

Everything has a beginning that is what we can reason from evidence but some can't reason a being that never had a beginning.

I have no evidence of the creation of matter nor do you have evidence of matter always existing.
Actually, the First Law of thermodynamics which states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed was proven with a repeatable experiment by James Prescott Joule. So there is evidence that energy has always existed, will always exist, and was not created by a God whose existence cannot be proven.

Your Grandpa was dust? Or was it clay?

Well, since there is no such SCIENTIFIC theory how could they?
What science actually says is time exists only in terms of MOTION.

And the PROVEN First Law of Thermodynamics says that ENERGY can neither be created nor destroyed. That means that energy has always existed and will always exist in the same total quantity. That seems pretty eternal to me. How about you???

It is the theory of relativity.
The theory of relativity is the relationship of energy to matter not time, e=mc2.
But thank you for proving you understand nothing about science and are just throwing around terms that are completely meaningless to you.

Wrong again.

The suggestion of space and matter and time cannot exist singularly. In other words, they are one. We usually choose to see them separately, but the fact that we can recognise them as one, proves that they are, RELATIVITY.

Well, according to Creation, everything came from nothing!
No thing (God) created everything from nothing.
Or are you claiming that God is a thing, and if so what thing is God?

Everything is energy which cannot be created nor destroyed and existed before your God was created.

Prove that matter has always existed.

It makes me very frustrated when activists hijack the word “reason” to describe the belief that there is definitely no higher power and that everything they we see around us is the the product of random chance.

The theories of evolution and big bang are just “theories”. Evolution is based on random mutations. The big bang theory does not explain how the ingredients for the big bang were created. Did something come from nothing? Did life arise from inanimate objects by chance and it can’t be duplicated on purpose in a laboratory? These theories seem silly to me.

There are many, many theories about how God created the universe and life aside from the satirical theory that you mention. But my main belief is that God knows things that we are not capable of understanding.

Did you know that if a monkey sat at a typewriter for the entire life of the universe (about 14 billion years) and typed random letters continuously, he would never write a novel by random chance. IMHO it is unreasonable to conclude that the trillions of cells in our body that make up complicated organs that all work together came to be from random mutations over a period of several hundred million years. Although we witness many species going extinct, no one has ever witnessed the creation of a new species. The only thing scientists have observed are mutations within a species.

IMHO the most reasonable theory is that a power beyond our understanding created all that we see.

obviously someone who's an atheist thinks it's you who are unreasonable.

you really shouldn't care what other people believe if they aren't hurting anyone.

Except he is arguing the opposite, that the Sun is becoming more random and therefore less ordered.

What are you talking about ?

They don't understand entropy.

Weak. A REALLY weak argument.

It's one thing to suggest an omnipotent entity started the process of life. There, your opponent has no hard evidence to refute your claim, only his estimation of the likelihood of such an entity. However, it's quite another thing to say evolution does not happen, overwhelming evidence to contrary. It just makes you look silly frankly.

Then how do you explain the distant universe speeding up? If entropy is constantly increasing the universe should be constantly slowing down!

You explain it since you believe in the big bang. Do i sense a contradiction in your reasoning ?

The universe can only go so far why ?

Forum List

Back