It is absurd to use the word "REASON" to describe Atheism.

evolution is just a theory. hmmm. just like gravity. evolution is a theory. a theory is tying together laws and evidence to come to the most logical theory possible. whatever makes you religious, (your refusal to cope with your mortality, your extreme stubbornness to ever doubt the obvious absurdity of religion or just plain stupidity and lack of reasoning), well it doesnt really matter, because its all a load of bull. good day.

Can you document your claim that the theory of evolution has been proven?

Gravity is a scientific law. Evolution is a scientific theory. This is the terminology that the scientists use.

Evolution is a fact.......God is a theory

If Macroevolution is a fact you should be able to show one trait in humans that came from a mutation,can you do this ?

Now if you make the claim that a mutation caused a trait you have to prove this trait did not already exist in the Gene pool.

evolution is just a theory. hmmm. just like gravity. evolution is a theory. a theory is tying together laws and evidence to come to the most logical theory possible. whatever makes you religious, (your refusal to cope with your mortality, your extreme stubbornness to ever doubt the obvious absurdity of religion or just plain stupidity and lack of reasoning), well it doesnt really matter, because its all a load of bull. good day.

Gravity is a scientific law. Evolution is a scientific theory. This is the terminology that the scientists use.

Can you document that your claim "god" exists...and that "it" created the universe?

If you wish to ignore evidence of design that is your choice.

That answers my question. You can not document your claim that the theory of evolution has been proven.

The concept that evolution occurs is a fact. The only theories involve how the process occurs. The fact that evolution occurs is supported by fossil, geologic and now, most importantly, DNA evidence

Sadly, there is no such evidence that God exists

Please document your claim that evolution is a fact. Please link to a reputable scientific source. I have never heard this claim before and I would like to learn.

Ever heard of a hybrid species? thats evolution happening right before your eyes.

If Macroevolution is a fact you should be able to show one trait in humans that came from a mutation,can you do this ?

Now if you make the claim that a mutation caused a trait you have to prove this trait did not already exist in the Gene pool.

Human genome has been mapped and similarities to other species fully documented. The fact that evolution occurs is not in question. The mechanics of evolution is still theory. However, it's theory is still more scientific than any wild theories of a magic man in the sky

It makes me very frustrated when activists hijack the word “reason” to describe the belief that there is definitely no higher power and that everything they we see around us is the the product of random chance.

The theories of evolution and big bang are just “theories”. Evolution is based on random mutations. The big bang theory does not explain how the ingredients for the big bang were created. Did something come from nothing? Did life arise from inanimate objects by chance and it can’t be duplicated on purpose in a laboratory? These theories seem silly to me.

There are many, many theories about how God created the universe and life aside from the satirical theory that you mention. But my main belief is that God knows things that we are not capable of understanding.

Did you know that if a monkey sat at a typewriter for the entire life of the universe (about 14 billion years) and typed random letters continuously, he would never write a novel by random chance. IMHO it is unreasonable to conclude that the trillions of cells in our body that make up complicated organs that all work together came to be from random mutations over a period of several hundred million years. Although we witness many species going extinct, no one has ever witnessed the creation of a new species. The only thing scientists have observed are mutations within a species.

IMHO the most reasonable theory is that a power beyond our understanding created all that we see.

If you want to believe that God waved his hand and everything came into existence, then do so. But to claim that this is using "reason" is nonsense.

The current scientific theories are the best answers we have, and they use reason to accomplish these theories.

One point, concerning your complain about the Big Bang, science has never claimed that there was ever a time when nothing existed. The Big Bang was an explosion of existing matter. Why must there be a "before matter existed"? You are putting limitations in that are not based on any factual information.

You are not familiar with the theory that you can't have time without matter and that time began with the big bang supposedly ?

So where did the matter come from that caused the big bang.

Are you saying the universe and all matter is eternal ?

Asking for a negative to be proven?

What is wrong with you?

Human genome has been mapped and similarities to other species fully documented. The fact that evolution occurs is not in question. The mechanics of evolution is still theory. However, it's theory is still more scientific than any wild theories of a magic man in the sky

I hope you don't think that was an answer to my question.

Of course it isn't. He rightfully ignored your request that a negative be proven.

The concept that evolution occurs is a fact. The only theories involve how the process occurs. The fact that evolution occurs is supported by fossil, geologic and now, most importantly, DNA evidence

Sadly, there is no such evidence that God exists

Please document your claim that evolution is a fact. Please link to a reputable scientific source. I have never heard this claim before and I would like to learn.

Ever heard of a hybrid species? thats evolution happening right before your eyes.

Sorry but you are wrong that is selective cross breeding. If I'm not mistaken your theory mutations and natural selection is what drives evolution,if humans stop cross breeding donkeys and horses there would be no mule.

Asking for a negative to be proven?

What is wrong with you?

Nothing is wrong with me but if you can't show trait changes from mutations your theory is dead in the water. If you can how do you know the trait did not already exist in the gene pool ? That is a perfectly reasonable request.

Last edited:
It makes me very frustrated when activists hijack the word “reason” to describe the belief that there is definitely no higher power and that everything they we see around us is the the product of random chance.

The theories of evolution and big bang are just “theories”. Evolution is based on random mutations. The big bang theory does not explain how the ingredients for the big bang were created. Did something come from nothing? Did life arise from inanimate objects by chance and it can’t be duplicated on purpose in a laboratory? These theories seem silly to me.

There are many, many theories about how God created the universe and life aside from the satirical theory that you mention. But my main belief is that God knows things that we are not capable of understanding.

Did you know that if a monkey sat at a typewriter for the entire life of the universe (about 14 billion years) and typed random letters continuously, he would never write a novel by random chance. IMHO it is unreasonable to conclude that the trillions of cells in our body that make up complicated organs that all work together came to be from random mutations over a period of several hundred million years. Although we witness many species going extinct, no one has ever witnessed the creation of a new species. The only thing scientists have observed are mutations within a species.

IMHO the most reasonable theory is that a power beyond our understanding created all that we see.

If you want to believe that God waved his hand and everything came into existence, then do so. But to claim that this is using "reason" is nonsense.

The current scientific theories are the best answers we have, and they use reason to accomplish these theories.

One point, concerning your complain about the Big Bang, science has never claimed that there was ever a time when nothing existed. The Big Bang was an explosion of existing matter. Why must there be a "before matter existed"? You are putting limitations in that are not based on any factual information.

You are not familiar with the theory that you can't have time without matter and that time began with the big bang supposedly ?

Where did God come from?

Where did God come from?

He has always existed. He is also a spirit is a spirit made up of matter I don't know. If God created all things he existed outside of time and matter as we know of it. Humans know very little concerning the universe and the origins of life.

Last edited:

WinterBorn. Human beings understand a tiny fraction of the knowledge of the universe. Would you agree that human knowledge comprises less than .0000000000000000001% of all the facts about the universe and the life in it?

Do you think that it is unreasonable to believe that everything that we see around us was created by a power greater than ourselves who has understanding beyond our comprehension? Is it possible that this higher power set evolution in play and initiated the big bang?

Part of what I am saying is that God and evolution and the big bang are not necessarily mutually exclusive. No one knows. I am also saying that it is very "cocky" to rule out the possibility that God exists.

Ok, so call them cocky, or arrogant or whatever. But what you actually said was that it is absurd to use the word "reason" to describe atheists.

Now, however much we know from scientific research, it is reason that gave us this knowlege. And it is reason which taught us to question everything in the first place.

To claim that they do not use reason, and then claim that God could have done all of this, is laughable.

Yes, evolution is a scientific theory. But make sure you do not assume that "theory" equates to some sort of wild guesses.

A scientific theory is "As used in science, a theory is an explanation or model based on observation, experimentation, and reasoning, especially one that has been tested and confirmed as a general principle helping to explain and predict natural phenomena.

Any scientific theory must be based on a careful and rational examination of the facts. A clear distinction needs to be made between facts (things which can be observed and/or measured) and theories (explanations which correlate and interpret the facts."

The theory of evolution is the best answer we have based on the known facts. If more facts become known, we will adjust, alter, or throw-out the theory. But until any facts come to light that show another answer, to claim it is only atheory is to ignore science.

Sorry....not going to play chicken or the egg paradox with you.

I'm also not going to recount a Biology 101 textbook with you as you whine..." How can you prove it?" after each paragraph.

The mapping of the species both biologically and genetically is well established. Any evidence of god is based on faith and mythology. That the existence of god even meets the broad criteria of a theory is debatable. Evolution is not

Can you document that your claim "god" exists...and that "it" created the universe?

If you wish to ignore evidence of design that is your choice.

Please feel free to document the facts that "god" exists as well.

I have no problem saying that the universe and all matter is eternal. That there is constant change is also easily seen. But there is no need to believe that there was a time before the universe existed.

WinterBorn. Human beings understand a tiny fraction of the knowledge of the universe. Would you agree that human knowledge comprises less than .0000000000000000001% of all the facts about the universe and the life in it?

Do you think that it is unreasonable to believe that everything that we see around us was created by a power greater than ourselves who has understanding beyond our comprehension? Is it possible that this higher power set evolution in play and initiated the big bang?

Part of what I am saying is that God and evolution and the big bang are not necessarily mutually exclusive. No one knows. I am also saying that it is very "cocky" to rule out the possibility that God exists.

Ok, so call them cocky, or arrogant or whatever. But what you actually said was that it is absurd to use the word "reason" to describe atheists.

Now, however much we know from scientific research, it is reason that gave us this knowlege. And it is reason which taught us to question everything in the first place.

To claim that they do not use reason, and then claim that God could have done all of this, is laughable.

To suggest that evolutionist use reason to say nonintelligence brought forth intelligence is absurd. To suggest that everything we see is a product of chaos is absurd. Humans think,reason,design, and build. Homes,cars,and computers did not design themselves. So why do you draw the line of that reason when it comes to the universe and life ?

Forum List

Back