Israel strikes back at Hamas

More than 300 rockets were fired at Israel during the Hamas-Israel truce. You have nothing to say about that?

David, I believe the number is 3000 for the year, 2008, prior to the end of the cease fire.

I said the before. Both sides are claiming the other side broke violations first.

Wrong its obvious which one started firing first - Hamas missiles have been raining down on Israel even days before the so-called cease-fire was to end.:(

Wrong its obvious which one started firing first - Hamas missiles have been raining down on Israel even days before the so-called cease-fire was to end.:(

Yep, over the past year an average of 89 per week, since the end of the 'cease fire' sometimes up to 300 per day. Finally Israel had to attack, probably should have done it sooner, Hamas has many more missiles now.

Part of the truce was to lift the blockade. Israel never lifted the blockade. I find it odd that not one person here who supports Israel would even mention that. Even the UN and the European Union denounced Israel's blockade and have called it
"collective punishment of a civilian population," an act illegal under international law that the Fourth Geneva Convention defines as a war crime
The Daily Star - Politics - Hamas accepts 24-hour truce so long as Israel halts attacks
The rockets have also been denounced by the UN but it was clear from the start that Israel had no intention of abiding to the truce.

Like I said...only one side of the coin.

With that being said, it was stupid of Hamas to keep firing rockets at Israel.It's like poking a stick at a grizzly bear. Keep antagonizing it and it's going to rip you to shreds.

Last edited:
Part of the truce was to lift the blockade. Israel never lifted the blockade. I find it odd that not one person here who supports Israel would even mention that. Even the UN and the European Union denounced Israel's blockade and have called it
The Daily Star - Politics - Hamas accepts 24-hour truce so long as Israel halts attacks
The rockets have also been denounced by the UN but it was clear from the start that Israel had no intention of abiding to the truce.

Like I said...only one side of the coin.

With that being said, it was stupid of Hamas to keep firing rockets at Israel.It's like poking a stick at a grizzly bear. Keep antagonizing it and it's going to rip you to shreds.

Wrong! The were supposed to keep the crossing opens! Which they did until the missiles started to come flying in. Not to mention even today the Israeli allowed humanitarian aid and supplies to come in!

Wrong! The were supposed to keep the crossing opens! Which they did until the missiles started to come flying in. Not to mention even today the Israeli allowed humanitarian aid and supplies to come in!
WHAT?!?!?!?
they let in medical aid?
well then, the Palestinians wont like that
that will give them fewer dead bodies to parade around

Israel demolishes Hamas compounds, over 200 dead - Yahoo! News

Here we go again. The media hasn't shown us one single photograph of the damage done by Hamas firing missile after missile into Israel, killing and maiming innocent people.

and why is that, I wonder. maybe becuase a slightly damaged shed and a disgruntled goat is not news. and could have been carried out by anyone! A full blown air strike in residential areas is not a response. it wont be long before israel takes gaza back, as the blockade hasn't worked.

Call a spade a spade:

Asked who was to blame for the dire situation in Gaza, the foreign minister replied: "Ask the party that controls Gaza."

Abbas: Hamas could've prevented 'massacre' | Middle East | Jerusalem Post

Hamas could have prevented the "massacre" in the Gaza Strip, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas said Sunday in Cairo.

"We spoke to them and told them 'Please, we ask you not to end the cease-fire. Let it continue,'" Abbas said during a joint press conference with Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit. "We want to protect the Gaza Strip. We don't want it to be destroyed."

Abbas called on Hamas to renew the cease-fire with Israel to avoid further bloodshed in Gaza.

Aboul Gheit also attacked Hamas, saying the group had prevented people wounded in the Israeli offensive from passing into Egypt to receive medical attention.

"We are waiting for the wounded Palestinians to reach Egypt. They aren't being allowed to go through," he said.

Asked who was to blame for the dire situation in Gaza, the foreign minister replied: "Ask the party that controls Gaza

Not to mention even today the Israeli allowed humanitarian aid and supplies to come in!

I just heard on NPR that Israel delayed allowing humanitarian aid and supplies to enter Gaza and only allowed it after international protest.

but truthful

You have facts to back that up?
Your continued demonization of ordinary Palestinians doesn't win you any points for your cause.

No parent there in Gaza with an injured child is unhappy that medical aid has finally been allowed in. I don't have facts either to back that up but I'm sure my assessment is more realistic than yours.

Last edited:
You have facts to back that up?
Your continued demonization of ordinary Palestinians doesn't win you any points for your cause.

No parent there in Palestine with an injured child is unhappy that medical aid has finally been allowed in. I don't have facts either to back that up but I'm sure my assessment is more realistic than yours.
did you forget about "green helmet guy" already?

and yes i know that was in Lebanon, but it was still Palestinians

So you are saying the UN, the European Union and The Independent Comission For Human Rights ( ICHR) are all wrong. You and others keep saying I'm wrong but leave out important details and refuse to show me where I'm wrong supported with unbiased links. Israel lifted the blockade yesterday but they didn't do it when the truce was called.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back