Israel Responds By Air-120 Dead

He's been dead quite a while. Can't hold him entirely responsible for the current situations in India and Pakistan. I do credit his influence, his methods of non violent civil disobediance and boycotts, on the success of the civil rights movements in the US in the 50's and 60's.
yes, his tactics did work here
but they failed more because of who was involved over there
actually, i dont look at it as a failure on HIM, so much as a failure of the parties involved

they didnt start entering the area till early in the 20th century
it was mostly jews in that area before then

Which area are we talking about? Sorry if I seem confused.

West of the River Jordan correct?

no, arabs
there is a difference

I realize there is a difference, which is why I asked to make sure I knew which group you were talking about.

However, we both know there has been great argument over whether it was immigration or natural growth that saw the influx of Arabs.

By 1948, the population of 1,900,000 were 68% Arabs and 32% were Jews.

What I found really interesting in my research was that many of these persecuted European Jews were illegal immigrants according to the Government of Palestine, which ceased to exist as of May 14th, 1948.

I realize there is a difference, which is why I asked to make sure I knew which group you were talking about.

However, we both know there has been great argument over whether it was immigration or natural growth that saw the influx of Arabs.

By 1948, the population of 1,900,000 were 68% Arabs and 32% were Jews.

What I found really interesting in my research was that many of these persecuted European Jews were illegal immigrants according to the Government of Palestine, which ceased to exist as of May 14th, 1948.
there was no "government of Palestine"
it was British rule

he's not the only one with a "blinkered" world view. I'd say yours is pretty "blinkered", too. But at least on this issue, he's factually accurate.

wow. you really got me with that one, i'll think twice about messing with you hay. FACTS WHAT FACTS. jesus. im the only one stating anything he was just insulting me. and to say im inacurate with my facts shows how miss-guided you are. arguee the facts then, if thats what you think you were doing.
Fact 1. zionisum is a political movement started in the late 1800's by theador herzl, and came out of the eugenics movement. just like nazisum.

That is the crux of the conundrum. Now that generations of Israelis have been born on the the land they call home and generations of Palestians decended from people who were also born on and once called the same lands home have been born elsewhere. How to can a fair distribution of the land be decided? Putting aside all religious hoohaw such as God wants Israel to belong to Jews and putting aside all claims to inheritance by the Palestinians, who really belongs on that land? My own naive and simplistic answer would be it belongs first and foremost to those live individuals actually born there. But my solution still would not solve the problem of how can the people living in Gaza expect to survive on the near worthless land they have been hearded onto?

The more I learn about the situation in Israel the less optimistic I am of a fair solution ever being found. I think it will take some powerful charismatic leader or leaders who have yet to appear on the scene to bring unity and peace in Israel. Or perhaps the extremists will finally run out of steam so that those with common sense can start to do some real work to rebuild communities in the Middle East which co-existed peacefully in the past.

Although I would admire your aproach and attitude to the problem they will never co-exsist becuse the isreali's see the arabs as dogs and rats. and want nothing more than to wipe them off the face of the earth and take all the land from egypt to syria. they already tried it before.

Although I would admire your aproach and attitude to the problem they will never co-exsist becuse the isreali's see the arabs as dogs and rats. and want nothing more than to wipe them off the face of the earth and take all the land from egypt to syria. they already tried it before.

You're a moron..... Israel only got land when it was attacked and WON. You do understand that, right?

Oh wait. You don't. And don't worry, you couldn't "start with" me if you tried.

If what you were saying were even half true, Egypt wouldn't own the Sinai...AFTER making peace. Amazing how that works.

But don't let those pesky facts get in your way. :cuckoo:

uh, you have that backwards

Israel is not doing as much as it should against all those useless dictatorships in the Middle East. Like American Jews, they're often aggressive, but not assertive. I'm sick of the PR game Israel tries to play, trying to prove they're nice people. Reminds me of McCain trying to show how nice he can be to ultraliberal Democrats.

Really? So tell me bright one? Why, when they have overwhelming force, haven't they managed this feat yet? Cause they are stupid?

Forum List

Back