Israel Responds By Air-120 Dead

If an armed gang of Thugs staged a home invasion at your house Sarge.

Then as you and your family were fleeing to save your lives.

One of the criminals BEGGED you to come back and make a family with them.

Would you go back and be friends and share your former house with them?

That is not what happened, but hey thanks for trying.

Sunni, your train of thought will never prevail. Israel is not going anyplace and supporting radical fractions who use terror as a weapon against any form of government is a lost cause. Those who can arise above the differences and focus on the common interests are the ones who hold the most hope. If Israel was not interested in preserving life they could wage a ground war to uproot these groups once and for all, but, that would mean taking a very large portion of innocent people with it, to do it properly. Does this mean that I agree totally with the Israel positions, all the time, no, not at all. But, they have every right to defend and respond to terror and that is what they are dealing with. Do I support a Palestinian state and freedom of religion? Yes, but, the acts of radicals will never achieve that.

Your hate and those like you, the radicals will win nothing.

Slander? To point out what your posts have been?

Hardly. My problem isn't with your defending "opposing points of view". My problem is with you defending the indefensible... you know, terrorists; pedophiles... that sort of thing.

I'm afraid there just isn't a sophisticated alternative to the need for outright condemnation of those things.

As for your pretense at judiciousness... please don't try that. You aren't as good at it as you'd like.

Please show me where I have defended terrorists and pedophiles, jillian. If you want to make that claim, you really ought to provide evidence otherwise why should anyone believe you?

I am against all terrorism, whether committed by Israelis, Palestinians, Serbs, Bosnians, Fundamental Christians, Bin Laden, The Red Brigade, the IRA, Tim McVeigh or whoever. I am a pacifist and opposed to violence.

I am against all abusive sexual or even non sexual abusive relationships, not just those between older men and young teen-aged girls.

My posts have repeatedly shown demonstrated my views on this.

That you still think Agno could not be a 16 year old boy as he says he is and as his point of view indicates he is and that you still think all Muslims are terrorrists saddens me. I thought you were more intelligent than that. But I see that you are just another blowhard reactionary with no interest in trying to investigate and better understand complicated issues.

Bullshit you DO defend terrorists. You do it right here in this thread. You do it in every thread involving the Israelis. Perhaps YOU can explain where your outrage was during the week before the Israeli attack when hundreds of missiles were lobbed into Israel? Perhaps you can quote for us the post or thread where you said a damn thing about it?

Never have and never will defend terrorists, RGS. I defend my friends who are not terrorists and are also opposed to violence but are accused of being terrorist sympathizers just because they are Muslim.

You want to here my outrage at Palestian terroists, Tardo Sarge? Here is my outrage : I am outraged at Palestinian terroists. Are you happy now?

Does anyone on this board who dare suggest Israel has been less than perfect in it's dealings with the Palestinians have to sign some kind of vow saying they hate Palestinian terrorist too and then constantly coddle and reassure some pathologiclly defensive people here that they aren't anti-semitic?

Why can't you rabid pro Israel types ever admit even the slightest wrongdoing on Israel's part? In being so dogmatic and unapproachable you just turn people away from your cause. You do Israel no favors by being that way. You will never find a solution to the problems in the Middle East by putting all the blame on one side and never discussing in honest terms the reasons why violence escalates.

Last edited:
I know this post is likely to get many responses that are typical, such as "You filthy anti-semitic piece of crud, Israel is simply defending themselves."

In the interest of those who DON'T wish to sift through tons of idiocy such as that, let me spell something out. I'm a Jew. I believe Israel has every right in the world to exist and to defend itself. I believe that the vast majority of the Israeli people are good, decent, honest, caring human beings who really would like to have peace in the region.

However, I also believe there are those, many of them in Israel's elected government, who have no such desire for peace. They are sick, evil individuals who look upon Palestinians as dogs. These are the people responsible for what is happening. Or, I should say, JUST AS RESPONSIBLE as any of the leaders of Hamas who foment and advocate terrorist acts.

These are the Israelis who have prevented the blockade on the Gaza region from being loosened over the past six months, despite the calming of actions on the part of those in Gaza for many months, thereby causing millions of people in Gaza to live in conditions that are so foul it makes one question the sanity of ANYONE who expresses outrage or shock that those living in such conditions would strike out at those causing them.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not excusing or condoning the rocket attacks. They are murderous acts intent on murdering people. But I am trying to say they're completely understandable. If you were to pen me into a small area, not allow medical and food supplies to be brought into the area, and I had someone I love die from or suffer from such action, I wouldn't hesitate one friggin moment to attack you and anyone CONNECTED with you in any way, shape, or form. I have the distinct feeling whoever reads this, if they TRULY peruse their own soul, would find they're no different than I.

The simple fact is, both sides are guilty of incredible wrongs. And anyone trying to justify today's MURDEROUS IAF STRIKE, is simply a fool whose hatred and evil heart has blinded him or her from reality. Peace will ONLY be reached when both sides agree to it, but Israel, as a democratic nation, harbors the greater responsibility in making strides toward that peace. Anyone who doesn't see this is again, a fool.

I can only hope that someday its citizens elect a government controlled by people who really understand this.

Well said.

I was studying politics and middle eastern conflicts and diplomacy before the guy was even born. I'll be 30 in March. I was old before I was even 15.

Doesn't make you any less condescending.

Oh I don't know. I kinda think it's true that if the Palastinians laid down their weapons there would be peace, If Israel laid down theirs there would be annhilation of Israel.. (can't remember who said that) or "If Palastinians loved their children more than they hated Jews there would be peace. (I think that was Golda Meir)

If the people of Gaza have nothing to live for, they should commit mass suicide QUOTE]

:cuckoo: and also a little scary that you would suggest their deaths would be a reasonable solution to the problem.

And so the bolded part is what you want. The Jews to just give up. Figures.

What I want?

No.

I just speculating what might solve the problem.

The alternative might be to move all the Palestinians to America or Europe.

That might work just as well.

The problem as I see is now is that two people both have legitimate claims to the same land.

Who created this mess?

Europeans and Americans.

Oh I don't know. I kinda think it's true that if the Palastinians laid down their weapons there would be peace, If Israel laid down theirs there would be annhilation of Israel.

I think that is true, too, WT

Hence the continued problems.

The Palestinians refuse to accept the fact that they are now interlopers in their own land.

If they were willing to accept that they lost those lands, there would be peace.

There are NO adult Israelie civilians.

At 18 everyone must join the service and complete military training.

That doesn't make sense as a justification for attacks on Israeli citizens. Even if at one point almost all Israeli citizens must perform military duty, they become civilians again off duty or when their service is complete. Also, Israeli children aren't in the miltary.

So take people. Force then all into one small area. Build a prison wall around them. Not let them leave or travel freely. Restrict their food, water and cooking fuel. And then drop bombs on them whenever you feel they are misbehaving.

That is civilized behavior?? :confused:

Maybe if they stopped strapping bombs to themselves and stopped blowing themselves up taking innocent civilians with them, and maybe if they stopped firing glorified bottle rockets at Israel, then they would be given freedom of movement. Ever think of that?

Had Arabs accepted the UN mandate in 1948 that allowed for the creation of two separate states, and had they tried to work together with Jews, there could have actually been peace in the Middle East. But they chose to wage war instead, and they lost, and they keep waging war, and they keep losing.

Tell me SunniMan; what do you think will happen when the Arabs finally get hold of some type of dirty bomb (small nuke) and set it off in Israel? Will that make you happy? Any idea what type of response that will bring to the Muslim world?

The wall was built because Israel is a brutal racist nation.

Israel policies aren't much different than South Africa's during apartheid.

Or the segregation of blacks in the South before the Civiil War.

Actually segregation in the South happened after the Civil War.

Maybe if they stopped strapping bombs to themselves and stopped blowing themselves up taking innocent civilians with them, and maybe if they stopped firing glorified bottle rockets at Israel, then they would be given freedom of movement. Ever think of that?

They didn't have freedom of movement BEFORE they started strapping bombs and lobbing rockets. Why would they imagine that stopping now would give them the houses and farms back now?

Had Arabs accepted the UN mandate in 1948 that allowed for the creation of two separate states, and had they tried to work together with Jews, there could have actually been peace in the Middle East. But they chose to wage war instead, and they lost, and they keep waging war, and they keep losing.

And if you give me half of everything you own, I will stop trying to take it from you.

Does that deal sound okay to you?

Of course it doesn't.

Hence we've had about fifty years and counting of this conflict.

They didn't have freedom of movement BEFORE they started strapping bombs and lobbing rockets. Why would they imagine that stopping now would give them the houses and farms back now?

And if you give me half of everything you own, I will stop trying to take it from you.

Of course it doesn't.

When were those checkpoints and flying checkpoints instituted? Was anything happening there that would lead to such a reaction by a 'civilized government'? What would you have suggested they do?

I think that is true, too, WT

Hence the continued problems.

The Palestinians refuse to accept the fact that they are now interlopers in their own land.

If they were willing to accept that they lost those lands, there would be peace.
it isnt and NEVER was "their" land
it has always been the Israelis land

Of course it doesn't.

thats what the palestinians want

Forum List

Back