Israel Responds By Air-120 Dead

Thank you for posting that. The British Mandate of Palestine was for JEWS. Their creation of Palestine was "Jewish Palestine" NOT ARAB PALESTINE.

Until it was taken out of commission. However, you seem to ignore the Ottoman empire too.

After WWII, it was suppose to be both sides had a seperate state but people on both sides said no because they wanted it all for themselves.

Until it was taken out of commission. However, you seem to ignore the Ottoman empire too.

After WWII, it was suppose to be both sides had a seperate state but people on both sides said no because they wanted it all for themselves.
that is NOT correct
Israel welcomed the partition
it was the arabs that said no and that "we will drive the jews into the sea"

that is NOT correct
Israel welcomed the partition
it was the arabs that said no and that "we will drive the jews into the sea"

No, people on Israel side also spoke out against it. It's not completely one sided.

are you tallking about the tiny minority that still opposes the state of Israel?

I'm talking about Jews who opposed sharing land with the Arabs. The ones who wanted it all for themselves. You know? The ones who act in distain when the idea of actually co-existing in peace and not being selfish is such a bad thing?

Whether we like to admit it or not, the U.S and U.K handed the Jews Israel because without us it wouldn't of been possible nor their continued existence. I'm not saying it's a bad thing that Israel was created, I'm simply stating that people who oppose such a peaceful resolution don't realize that without us they most likely would of been kicked out long ago by people who don't want them there like Hamas.

I wish to see a day where both groups can co-exist peacefully but I doubt it will come anytime soon.

I'm talking about Jews who opposed sharing land with the Arabs. The ones who wanted it all for themselves. You know? The ones who act in distain when the idea of actually co-existing in peace and not being selfish is such a bad thing?

Whether we like to admit it or not, the U.S and U.K handed the Jews Israel because without us it wouldn't of been possible nor their continued existence. I'm not saying it's a bad thing that Israel was created, I'm simply stating that people who oppose such a peaceful resolution don't realize that without us they most likely would of been kicked out long ago by people who don't want them there like Hamas.

I wish to see a day where both groups can co-exist peacefully but I doubt it will come anytime soon.
sorry, you have a very perverted sense of history
the US had no part in the creation of Israel
that was all the UK
and if there was a group of Jews that opposed the partition plan in 48, they were a small small minority cause i have never heard of such a group beyond those that opposed the creation of the state of Israel on religious grounds

sorry, you have a very perverted sense of history
the US had no part in the creation of Israel
that was all the UK
and if there was a group of Jews that opposed the partition plan in 48, they were a small small minority cause i have never heard of such a group beyond those that opposed the creation of the state of Israel on religious grounds

I'm not saying they were a majority, I'm stating they existed. It wasn't completely one sided, though the majority of arabs did not want to share.

I don't have a perverted sense of history. The US had no direct part in the creation of Israel but if the US opposed it then it wouldn't of happened.

Besides, are you ignoring the other half of that point where without the U.S. that Israel wouldn't most likely exist today? It's not the U.K weapons and money that has Israel where it is today.

And to further prove my point: WRMEA: U.S. Aid to Israel

Benefits to Israel of U.S. Aid
Since 1949 (As of November 1, 1997)

Foreign Aid Grants and Loans
$74,157,600,000

Other U.S. Aid (12.2% of Foreign Aid)
$9,047,227,200

Interest to Israel from Advanced Payments
$1,650,000,000

Grand Total
$84,854,827,200

Total Benefits per Israeli
$14,630

Cost to U.S. Taxpayers of U.S.
Aid to Israel

Grand Total
$84,854,827,200

Interest Costs Borne by U.S.
$49,936,680,000

Total Cost to U.S. Taxpayers
$134,791,507,200

Total Taxpayer Cost per Israeli
$23,240

And no, it's not an anti-anything website as far as I could tell.

Edit: These numbers are just also up to 1997. So 11 years would be alot more I'd assume.

I'm not saying they were a majority, I'm stating they existed. It wasn't completely one sided, though the majority of arabs did not want to share.

I don't have a perverted sense of history. The US had no direct part in the creation of Israel but if the US opposed it then it wouldn't of happened.

Besides, are you ignoring the other half of that point where without the U.S. that Israel wouldn't most likely exist today? It's not the U.K weapons and money that has Israel where it is today.
we didnt even become an ally till the late 60's and before that most of their equipment was french

we didnt even become an ally till the late 60's and before that most of their equipment was french

See my post above.

And do you really believe Post-WWII that if the U.S had opposed the creation of such a state that the U.K would of had gone ahead?

And to further prove my point: WRMEA: U.S. Aid to Israel

And no, it's not an anti-anything website as far as I could tell.

Edit: These numbers are just also up to 1997. So 11 years would be alot more I'd assume.
again, that doesnt breeak it down by year
and giving them aid doesnt mean we were part of their creation
we give aid to hundreds of countries

See my post above.

And do you really believe Post-WWII that if the U.S had opposed the creation of such a state that the U.K would of had gone ahead?
neither did the USSR or France, or any of the other nations with veto power
that still doesnt back your point

again, that doesnt breeak it down by year
and giving them aid doesnt mean we were part of their creation
we give aid to hundreds of countries

I said the aid has gotten them where they are today.

If you look closer at the website, it might break it down.

We give aid to hundreds of countries true. But from 1949 to 1997, mind telling me how many countries we gave $84,854,827,200 or more to?

It's certainly true that the US has given substantial aid to Israel, much of to the military protection of it.

However, the aid to the Palestinians has been very substantial, by both the US and other venues:

http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/60396.pdf

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/21/world/middleeast/21palestinians.html

FOXNews.com - Iran Pledges Financial Support for Hamas-Run Palestinian Authority - U.S. & World

Arab paper: Iran to give Hamas more arms, funds | Iran news | Jerusalem Post

It's certainly true that the US has given substantial aid to Israel, much of to the military protection of it.

However, the aid to the Palestinians has been very substantial, by both the US and other venues:

http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/60396.pdf

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/21/world/middleeast/21palestinians.html

FOXNews.com - Iran Pledges Financial Support for Hamas-Run Palestinian Authority - U.S. & World

Arab paper: Iran to give Hamas more arms, funds | Iran news | Jerusalem Post

Oh don't get me wrong, I understand Iran and other arab countries support Hamas very much.

However, I'm just simply stating that there isn't that many countries who the U.S has given more aid to perhaps in history then Israel.

Oh don't get me wrong, I understand Iran and other arab countries support Hamas very much.

However, I'm just simply stating that there isn't that many countries who the U.S has given more aid to perhaps in history then Israel.
and that has NOTHING to do with the claims you made

and here is the chart

U.S. Assistance to Israel

take a look at the totals BEFORE 1966

I'd suppose I'd want a little less biased source but it will do.

Looking at these numbers, they still received a great amount. Perhaps not as much as today, but that's obvious since we weren't as strong allies then.

Prior to 1971, Israel received a total of only $277 million in military aid, all in the form of loans as credit sales

I read the full context of this but I cannot help but comment here. ONLY $277 million prior to 1971? How unfortunate, if they didn't want it then I'll take it. :lol:

Forum List

Back