Israel offers to end the blockade; Hamas refuses

I generally do not agree. If Hamas disarms and the next conflict breaks loose, they are defenseless. Hamas is not that dumb and agrees.

1. Hamas and Gaza is defenseless against Israel NOW. Surely you are not going to tell me that you believe Hamas is capable of winning a war against Israel. Or that Hamas' little rocket fire and tunnels are in any way self-defense.

2. The conflicts "break loose" when Hamas attacks Israel. If Hamas made peace with Israel -- no more "conflict". That would be the entire point of a peace treaty.

not even in the PR war, through they have been more effective there than on the ground

1. Hamas and Gaza is defenseless against Israel NOW. Surely you are not going to tell me that you believe Hamas is capable of winning a war against Israel. Or that Hamas' little rocket fire and tunnels are in any way self-defense.
No, they are not capable of winning a war against Israel. But they can resist Israeli incursions. Fighting Islamist guerrillas is entirely different from conventional warfare, Israel never tried to get rid of Hamas for this or other reasons. Also, Hamas is now stronger than it was 2006 in terms of ground war.

2. The conflicts "break loose" when Hamas attacks Israel. If Hamas made peace with Israel -- no more "conflict". That would be the entire point of a peace treaty.
The big one, Israel, reduces whole neighborhoods to ashes. Both sides are equally guilty of maintaining the state of war.

The link in the Opening Post is a blog and not a news report.
The Newsweek article is dated almost two years ago. I guess the blog is bogus,

Yesterday is old news?

It happened two years ago.

WORLD
HAMAS REJECTS FIVE-YEAR ISRAEL TRUCE TO END GAZA BLOCKADE
BY JACK MOORE ON 3/12/15 AT 9:43 AM

You might want to check the link.

No, you should check the link. It was reported by Newsweek 0n 3/12/2015. You have been duped, LOL.
What a moroon.
Hamas Rejects Five-Year Israel Truce to End Gaza Blockade

What a moroon.

I guess you are the moron now that it has been proven that the news is 2 years old. LOL You always lose Hoss. You are just some kind of stupid as we say south of the Mason Dixon line.

Israel recognized the sovereignty of Egypt and Jordan? Oh dear.

Team Palestine (I'm talking to you montelatici ) keeps saying that all Gaza wants is the end of the blockade.

So, Israel offered a seaport, an airport and an industrial zone, 40,000 new jobs and to invest in Gaza. In return, all Israel wants is the return of three Israeli hostages, the bodies of two IDF soldiers, demilitarization and to erase the article in the Hamas covenant which calls for the destruction of Israel.

Hamas refused.

What gives?

Old news. While I believe Gaza should have accepted the plan, never formally offered on paper, was designed to separate Gaza from the West Bank facilitating the annexation of the West Bank by Israel. The Gazans should have probably have accepted and resign themselves to the fact that the Palestinians will never achieve self-determination as a people.

“The basic purpose of this plan is not to serve Gaza, but rather to separate it from the West Bank; which will subsequently be swallowed up [by Israel],” he wrote. “We in Gaza pay the price for rejecting these ideas through an intensification of the siege, economic pressures and limitations on our freedom of movement. But we did not accept this plan.”
I don't know what you are thinking of but this offer was made by Liberman two days ago. Hamas refused because their only purpose is to sustain the conflict as long as possible.

Yesterday is old news?

It happened two years ago.

WORLD
HAMAS REJECTS FIVE-YEAR ISRAEL TRUCE TO END GAZA BLOCKADE
BY JACK MOORE ON 3/12/15 AT 9:43 AM

You might want to check the link.

No, you should check the link. It was reported by Newsweek 0n 3/12/2015. You have been duped, LOL.
What a moroon.
Hamas Rejects Five-Year Israel Truce to End Gaza Blockade

What a moroon.

I guess you are the moron now that it has been proven that the news is 2 years old. LOL You always lose Hoss. You are just some kind of stupid as we say south of the Mason Dixon line.
Read the date then read the article, Whizzer.

Home
> Live Blog - February 16, 2017
LIVE BLOG ENTRYLatest: Arkia flight to Eilat turns back over stormy weather
Liberman offers Gaza seaport, airport, 40,000 jobs; asks for disarmament, hostages, soldiers’ bodies
February 16, 2017, 4:37 pm

Liberman offers Gaza seaport, airport, 40,000 jobs; asks for disarmament, hostages, soldiers' bodies | Live Updates | The Times of Israel

Not only that but Israel signed peace treaties with Egypt and Jordan without demanding that they recognize Israel as a Jewish state.
The Israelis as an occupying country makes demands on the Palestinians that it does not make on other Arabs. No wonder they want one-to-one talks with the Palestinians when they have a significant army, navy, and air force while their counterparts in Palestine have no such military. A nice way to have talks.

Not only that but Israel signed peace treaties with Egypt and Jordan without demanding that they recognize Israel as a Jewish state.
The Israelis as an occupying country makes demands on the Palestinians that it does not make on other Arabs. No wonder they want one-to-one talks with the Palestinians when they have a significant army, navy, and air force while their counterparts in Palestine have no such military. A nice way to have talks.
Did Egypt and Jordan have charters that threatened to annihilate Israel?

There is not enough information to decide if it is a good or bad deal.
lol There's more than enough information to know it would be enormously beneficial to the people living in Gaza.
Not really. They usually don't mention the clunkers.
There are no clunkers. The economy of Gaza would be revitalized and there would be no danger of war. If you had any interest at all in the welfare of the people in Gaza, you would be condemning Hamas for refusing this offer.

There is not enough information to decide if it is a good or bad deal.
lol There's more than enough information to know it would be enormously beneficial to the people living in Gaza.
Not really. They usually don't mention the clunkers.
There are no clunkers. The economy of Gaza would be revitalized and there would be no danger of war. If you had any interest at all in the welfare of the people in Gaza, you would be condemning Hamas for refusing this offer.
Tinhorn is an alumnus of Pallywood U. and a big booster of Hamas.

Forum List

Back