Israel offers to end the blockade; Hamas refuses

Shusha

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2015
Team Palestine (I'm talking to you montelatici ) keeps saying that all Gaza wants is the end of the blockade.

So, Israel offered a seaport, an airport and an industrial zone, 40,000 new jobs and to invest in Gaza. In return, all Israel wants is the return of three Israeli hostages, the bodies of two IDF soldiers, demilitarization and to erase the article in the Hamas covenant which calls for the destruction of Israel.

Hamas refused.

What gives?

Team Palestine (I'm talking to you montelatici ) keeps saying that all Gaza wants is the end of the blockade.

So, Israel offered a seaport, an airport and an industrial zone, 40,000 new jobs and to invest in Gaza. In return, all Israel wants is the return of three Israeli hostages, the bodies of two IDF soldiers, demilitarization and to erase the article in the Hamas covenant which calls for the destruction of Israel.

Hamas refused.

What gives?
They will never agree to peace because they want Israeli land.

Hamas refused.

What gives?

Old news. While I believe Gaza should have accepted the plan, never formally offered on paper, was designed to separate Gaza from the West Bank facilitating the annexation of the West Bank by Israel. The Gazans should have probably have accepted and resign themselves to the fact that the Palestinians will never achieve self-determination as a people.

“The basic purpose of this plan is not to serve Gaza, but rather to separate it from the West Bank; which will subsequently be swallowed up [by Israel],” he wrote. “We in Gaza pay the price for rejecting these ideas through an intensification of the siege, economic pressures and limitations on our freedom of movement. But we did not accept this plan.”

Asking Hamas to disarm is a joke. It was clear they would not agree. If Hamas would agree this would pose a risk to Palestine, anyway. In 2006, when Israel asked them recognize Israel, they did and Israel bombed them.

Hamas refused.

What gives?

Hamas does not want peace. Their existence and power come from the struggle against Israel.

Yesterday is old news?

It happened two years ago.

WORLD
HAMAS REJECTS FIVE-YEAR ISRAEL TRUCE TO END GAZA BLOCKADE
BY JACK MOORE ON 3/12/15 AT 9:43 AM

You might want to check the link.

No, you should check the link. It was reported by Newsweek 0n 3/12/2015. You have been duped, LOL.
What a moroon.
Hamas Rejects Five-Year Israel Truce to End Gaza Blockade

What a moroon.

Because it is single-sided.

How so?
So Israel would disarm as well?

Of course not. She has other enemies. It is necessary for Israel to be able to defend herself. If Gaza and Israel make peace -- Gaza has no need for rockets and tunnels. Wouldn't you agree?
I generally do not agree. If Hamas disarms and the next conflict breaks loose, they are defenseless. Hamas is not that dumb and agrees.
The only solution is a two state solution with neither Islamists nor Zionists occupying their respective government.

I generally do not agree. If Hamas disarms and the next conflict breaks loose, they are defenseless. Hamas is not that dumb and agrees.

1. Hamas and Gaza is defenseless against Israel NOW. Surely you are not going to tell me that you believe Hamas is capable of winning a war against Israel. Or that Hamas' little rocket fire and tunnels are in any way self-defense.

2. The conflicts "break loose" when Hamas attacks Israel. If Hamas made peace with Israel -- no more "conflict". That would be the entire point of a peace treaty.

The only solution is a two state solution with neither Islamists nor Zionists occupying their respective government.

Interesting that you equate Islamists and Zionists. I define "Zionist" as the inherent right of the Jewish people (like all other peoples) to self-determination. How do you define it?

Interesting that you equate Islamists and Zionists. I define "Zionist" as the inherent right of the Jewish people (like all other peoples) to self-determination. How do you define it?
Zionism is a politicized, radicalized and perverted form of Judaism. It is similar to Nazism.

Forum List

Back