Israel is on a suicide mission

They did think of them, and they decided their deaths during the Israeli attack would make good anti-Israeli propaganda.
That's right. Using women and children as meat shields is supposed to turn the whole world into a Jew killing venue.

What is strategic defeat? I googled it but found noting, so I googled strategic victory, and here's what I found:

A strategic victory is a victory that brings long-term advantage to the victor and disturbs the enemy's ability to wage a war.

Clearly destroying Hamas in Gaza will bring a long term advantage to Israel and profoundly disturb Hamas' ability to wage war on Israel, so how did Austin turn this clear strategic victory in a strategic defeat in his mind? He argues that is there are too many civilian casualties - however much too many is - the Arabs who have been trying to destroy Israel/Jews for over 100 years will want to destroy Israel/Jews.
He might be talking about how Israel only has until boomers are gone before they lose America's support, and pissing off the entire world is not a good survival strategy for after that happens.

He might be talking about how Israel only has until boomers are gone before they lose America's support, and pissing off the entire world is not a good survival strategy for after that happens.
That may be your wet dream, but as people grow older they tend to become more moderate.

My wet dream is that the U.S. withdraws from the middle east. What I wrote is what will end up happening.
Only in your desperate dreams. In the areas of the ME where the US is involved, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, the Gulf states, there in relative peace, but in the areas where the US is not involved, Lebanon, Syria, Yemen, there is nearly constant war.

America's most notable failures in the ME are the withdrawal from Iraq, the easing of US policy toward Iran by Obama and Biden, and the foolish notions that the Palestinians will ever give up their genocidal ambitions to destroy Israel/Jews. The good news is much of this can be corrected if the next administration restores and increases the sanctions on Iran and responds to Iran's provocation more sternly, and if it holds tne Palestinians accountable for their refusal to make peace with Israel.

Even staunch supporters of Israel are disturbed that Israel is now attacking southern Gaza, which was to be a safe zone when Gazans were ordered to leave the North.

There is no doubt that more than a million Gazans are now displaced persons. They are truly suffering.

I hope that the American government will urge the Israeli authorities to find another way to get revenge for October 7's pogrom. (Hopefully, the United States will help locate all Hamas leaders so that Israeli forces can ...)

Even staunch supporters of Israel are disturbed that Israel is now attacking southern Gaza, which was to be a safe zone when Gazans were ordered to leave the North.

There is no doubt that more than a million Gazans are now displaced persons. They are truly suffering.

I hope that the American government will urge the Israeli authorities to find another way to get revenge for October 7's pogrom. (Hopefully, the United States will help locate all Hamas leaders so that Israeli forces can ...)
The goal is not to seek revenge but to destroy Hamas in Gaza so that they can never launch another attack like Oct. 7, and there is no other way to do that than to hunt down Hamas leaders and gunmen and weapons throughout Gaza and destroy them.

You might take comfort in the fact that Israel is meticulously following International Humanitarian Law, so that while the number of civilians may seem high, they are the minimum that are consistent with the goal of destroying Hamas and the other terrorist gangs in Gaza in order to save Israeli lives.

The Jews memory goes all the way back to the Creation, the Muslims only to Mohammud.
And while i'll agree, lets not be buffaloed into the whole religmo war propaganda Rich

1701725895921.png

~S~

And while i'll agree, lets not be buffaloed into the whole religmo war propaganda Rich

View attachment 868012

~S~

I've said before that since the time of Moses, the real reasons for all the invasions and conquests of Judea/Palestine/Israel are economic, not religious.

But I like to have fun with the religious zealots!

I suspect that Hamas thought that they could hold back or even stop an Israeli ground attack. The house to house fighting, civilians caught in the middle, and using their tunnel system for tactical advantage would bring the Israelis to a halt. That's why they thought that they could get away with the atrocities that they committed.

Israel surprised them by ordering the civilians south and bombing Northern Gaza into rubble. Their entrances and exits, as well as their ventilation was blocked by the debris. The tunnels were turned into death traps for the Hamas fighters. The Hamas defense of Gaza was a total failure.

The Israelis knew that by throwing the Hamas leaders into panic was the only way they'd get them to agree to release any hostages.

If Israel has any hope of getting more hostages, they need to push Hamas leadership into a similar panic.

You're not making any sense.

Have you ever spent time in the Middle East?
I know many people from the middle East. I actually studied at a mosque. Muslims have caused violence and chaos wherever they go. Palestinians cause revolution. They did it in Lebanon. They did it in Jordan. No Arab country will take them in. These street demonstrations are only the beginning.

Forum List

Back