Israel Going House to House

They aren’t numbers, they are human lives. That’s the problem with rightists. They just see numbers.

I’ll refer back to the article I quoted that you ignored.
That article was from the extreme leftist NYT. They aren’t a real source.

OK….checked it out. That was ONE woman’s opinion, and the polls show she’s wrong. The majority of Palestinians DO support HAMAS.
No. It is based on a survey that was taken before Oct 7, not her opinion.

The survey you keep talking about was taken a few weeks ago, after a month and a half of bombing and a huge number of casualties, especially children, entire families wiped out.

I’ll ask again: don’t you think that might influence their opinion?

:( crap….

Here is an excerpt:

U.S. officials told the Israelis that they could reduce civilian casualties if they improved how they targeted Hamas leaders, gathered more intelligence on Hamas command and control networks before launching strikes, used smaller bombs to collapse the tunnel network and employed their ground forces to separate civilian population centers from where the militants are concentrated.
Sure. I mean, it's a little vague, and understandably so, given that we are in the midst of the conflict and specifics are sensitive intelligence. But this cements my view that, while there can always be improvements to save lives, especially innocent lives, Israel is already doing all of these things. Could Israel do a little better? Sure. Probably. But this level of scrutiny - in the middle of the conflict - better be applied to every State, because this is an extremely high level of precision we are speaking about here.

And, "Hey, maybe you could use a 500lb bomb to take out that particular stretch of tunnel, instead of a 2000lb bomb" is a far cry from all the demonization flying around about "genocides" and such.

So, I think I, sort of, agree with you that Israel can do EVEN better. And I think you agree with me that calling it a "genocide" in Gaza is disrespectful of the lengths Israel is actually going to save lives.

Sure. I mean, it's a little vague, and understandably so, given that we are in the midst of the conflict and specifics are sensitive intelligence. But this cements my view that, while there can always be improvements to save lives, especially innocent lives, Israel is already doing all of these things. Could Israel do a little better? Sure. Probably. But this level of scrutiny - in the middle of the conflict - better be applied to every State, because this is an extremely high level of precision we are speaking about here.

And, "Hey, maybe you could use a 500lb bomb to take out that particular stretch of tunnel, instead of a 2000lb bomb" is a far cry from all the demonization flying around about "genocides" and such.

So, I think I, sort of, agree with you that Israel can do EVEN better. And I think you agree with me that calling it a "genocide" in Gaza is disrespectful of the lengths Israel is actually going to save lives.
Oh I agree with you on genocide, it gets thrown way to lightly in this conflict. None of it is genocide.

Forum List

Back