Islam Does not Permit Killing Unless Your are Being Oppressed from Practicing Islam

Originally posted by skhaldi
Islam does not preach violence and hatred. It teaches love and kindness. We only use violence if someone is preventing us from practicing our religion. God is more important than any man. So if you blow up or bulldoze our mosque or lock the doors and don't let us enter and we can't stop you by communication then we have the right to use violence. Of course, this is not a problem in America since we are freely allowed to worship God.

Empty words when you cannot disprove my quotes from the koran.

By the way the KKK does claim the bible states white superiority. So their hatred stems from this along with hatred towards Jews since they did kill Jesus and all.

The KKK killed Jesus?

Wow. Wish I'd have known that before becoming a Christian.

Islam does not preach violence and hatred. It teaches love and kindness. We only use violence if someone is preventing us from practicing our religion. God is more important than any man. So if you blow up or bulldoze our mosque or lock the doors and don't let us enter and we can't stop you by communication then we have the right to use violence. Of course, this is not a problem in America since we are freely allowed to worship God.

So basically what you're saying is that moslems won't start murdering as long as they get their way. That's certainly comforting. There is currently a request by a mosque in America to allow moslem calls to prayer to be broadcast over loudspeakers. If this request is denied, will that be sufficient basis to construe that someone is preventing you from practicing your religion?

As far as your assertion that islam does not preach violence and hatred, perhaps you have a new version of the koran with which I am not familiar. Refer to the post by "Comrade" in this thread for just a few pertinent passages which contradict your assertion regarding the peaceful nature of islam.

Also, I note that you continue to ignore my question regarding the status of moslem women as property and the "right" of a husband to beat his wife. So I ask you once again - how can you reconcile yourself to the status of chattel?

"How is it that the West has developed into modern democracies while most of the traditional Islamic world is locked into a cycle tyrannical rule by edict, religious mandate, or simple thuggery?"

Actually the Thugs are an extinct sect of Hindus.
Moving on.

There is a hard and fast rule for this topic. When extremists (radicals and reactionaries) voice their politics and use religious "proof" to back it up then excrement starts to hit the rotating oscillation unit.

It happened with the Catholics during the Inquisition.
It happened to the Protestants in the KKK.
It’s happening now to the Muslims.

Religion and Politics are unstable explosive things to begin with but when you mix them together everything goes to hell.

"The KKK killed Jesus?

Wow. Wish I'd have known that before becoming a Christian."

I believe she ment that the KKK hated the Jews because the Jews (according to the Klan) killed Jesus

Islam does not preach violence and hatred. It teaches love and kindness. We only use violence if someone is preventing us from practicing our religion. God is more important than any man.

What I'm wondering is that if a country has 'man's laws' as the law of the land-not Sharia law, is that 'preventing' the practice of Islam?

Maybe you just aren't listening. At least once a week I hear women talking about the anger they feel towards many of the terrorist. I have cried at night because what these people did has caused many innocent people to suffer. Many people who did not deserve to die were killed and many innocent people especially muslims have been persecuted because of a few events that took place that they had no control over.
In our local Mosque we often host gatherings and events for the community so they can be introduced to Islam and Muslims. We enjoy making friends with our community and the people living around us (even if they aren't Muslim). All of us would be heart broken if any of these people were killed in a terrorist act.

So why then do we not hear from MAJOR muslim leaders of the outrage that the islamic community has towards these animals? You would think that if you are being misrepresented, you would speak out. Instead we only hear apathy towards Americans being drug through the streets and hung from an overpass. We hear anger towards the infidels for allowing more people to be killed and express little to NO remorse when americans get slaughtered by these demons.

If you are truly heart broken, then why do you not speak out against these pieces of LBS (living, breathing shit)?

We are speaking out, but no one is listening. No one cares to hear what we have to say. Leaders have come out to state the terrorists are wrong it is just not being shown on American TV or in American news. We have a very active Islamic community here in America and we try to let as many people know that Muslims do not believe the practices of the terrorist are correct. I have yet to meet a single Muslim who believes what the terrorist did was Islamic.

I have yet to meet a single Muslim who believes what the terrorist did was Islamic.

Ayatollah Khomeini believed such acts were islamic. Of course the only place you can meet that bastard is in hell.

And you still continue to refuse to address my question, so I'll toss it out again.

"Also, I note that you continue to ignore my question regarding the status of moslem women as property and the "right" of a husband to beat his wife. So I ask you once again - how can you reconcile yourself to the status of chattel?"

Skhaldi I asked a question that you must have missed:

What I'm wondering is that if a country has 'man's laws' as the law of the land-not Sharia law, is that 'preventing' the practice of Islam?

"Also, I note that you continue to ignore my question regarding the status of moslem women as property and the "right" of a husband to beat his wife. So I ask you once again - how can you reconcile yourself to the status of chattel?"

Marriage is a very important activity that fullfills one half of our religion. Each spouse is supposed to treat each other with the utmost respect and honor. When I married my husband, I married a man that I loved, cared for, and entrusted my life with. I know that my husband the person I love more than anything in this world will take care of me. If my husband does not fullfill his duty I have every right in my religion to divorce him with no reprucussions from Allah. My husband has been ordered by Allah to take care of me.
In regards to beating the wife. There are situations in which a man can hit his wife, but lightly. First, it must be because the wife is doing something that is against Islam (this does not count if the woman is not muslim). Second, the husband must have told her verbally numerous times that he disaproves of her actions and that they are not pleasing to Allah. Third, if the wife still does not stop after repeated warnings that she is breaking the rules of Islam the husband must leave her at night and sleep in another room of the house leaving the wife in bed alone by herself. If after the husband has slept alone for a few days and the wife still insists on disobeying the the rules of Allah then the husband has the right to hit her lightly. He is not supposed to hit her in the face and he is not supposed to leave any bruises or scratches or any marks whatsoever on her body.
Now, the reasoning that I see behind this and why as a woman have no problem accepting it. First, I love my husband dearly, and I believe if you marry someone you better be able to trust them with your life. I know whatever my husband tells me is for my own good. If I am stubborn enough to disobey the laws of Islam to actually say No to my husband all the time that is bad. If I then am so stuck in doing something sinful that I would be willing to give up my time with the man I love most I feel that my husband could do nothing more. He tried to stop me verbally, and then emotionally...his last option is to stop me physically.
Yes, people do not follow these rules, but wife beating is in all parts of the world. It made me sick to look at the woman from Saudi Arabia, but I am also proud of her. She stood up for Islam and spoke out against a topic that has been kept in the dark and has been ignored for a long time by many Muslims. What happened to her is not condoned within the Islamic laws. Like I said...lightly and no marks.
Anyway, I know not everyone is going to agree with this, but I know I would much rather get a small slap from my husband instead of spend an extra day in hell.

We are advised not to live in lands that are not Islamic, but there are really no lands that follow the Sharia law exactly to the point. The closest are Saudi and Iran. It is allowed though to live in lands that are not Islamic as long as they allow us to pray to and worship Allah.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
What a crock of shit this is! Any man that has reduced himself to hit a women is a coward period! I dont care who his God is!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

We are advised not to live in lands that are not Islamic, but there are really no lands that follow the Sharia law exactly to the point. The closest are Saudi and Iran. It is allowed though to live in lands that are not Islamic as long as they allow us to pray to and worship Allah.

Israel is not islamic. Defend that one.

What a crock of shit this is! Any man that has reduced himself to hit a women is a coward period! I dont care who his God is!

I think it is horrible when a woman is out cheating on her husband, drinking till early morning, and the having multiple children by several fathers, because there was no way for her husband to stop her. I know you will all agree with me on that one.
The one thing about Islam is this concept that freedom is the most important thing in life is non-existent. As a Muslim, God is the most important thing in life. I do not live my life so I can have a choice of whether to cheat on my husband. I live my life so that I can focus on Allah. If I loose focus I would much rather my husband try to lead me back to the straight path than having to repent for having 5 babies from different fathers and getting AIDS just because my husband was scared of being a coward.

Israel is not islamic. Defend that one.

I am not sure what you are getting at but I can think of two things. We are allowed to live in countries that are not Islamic, including Israel (I don't know if they will let us in though). The reason we are not living peacefully is they are destroying our houses and mosques and they are preventing us from visiting one of the most sacred mosques in the world.

I think it is horrible when a woman is out cheating on her husband, drinking till early morning, and the having multiple children by several fathers, because there was no way for her husband to stop her. I know you will all agree with me on that one.

No matter what the situation, if you have a god of justice, then human justice like you claim to be a "stopping force" against sin is rather pointless and ineffective.

It contradicts this "peace" baloney you claim islam promotes.

Funny, the Bible doesn't advocate this sort of behavior.

The one thing about Islam is this concept that freedom is the most important thing in life is non-existent. As a Muslim, God is the most important thing in life. I do not live my life so I can have a choice of whether to cheat on my husband. I live my life so that I can focus on Allah. If I loose focus I would much rather my husband try to lead me back to the straight path than having to repent for having 5 babies from different fathers and getting AIDS just because my husband was scared of being a coward.

And yet you cannot see that the context would also justify forced religous conversion by the sword, and that islam by this very nature CANNOT be a volutary choice, but must be a forced one.

Cannot see, or WILL NOT SEE, or DONT CARE.

I am not sure what you are getting at but I can think of two things. We are allowed to live in countries that are not Islamic,

You can't have it both ways:

The reason we are not living peacefully is they are destroying our houses and mosques and they are preventing us from visiting one of the most sacred mosques in the world.

Even though it isn't your NATION.

You have no defense. Don't bother. You are flat out wrong in disproving me on every point.

I believe we were worshipping in our Mosques long before the Jews got there. I also doubt Jews would build mosques. Obviously Muslims are living there and obviously that land is ours. It is a mosque for goodness sakes how can you say it belongs to anyone else. As for them destroying our houses. They are destroying houses that are in the Palestinian land, not in lsrael.

Living in a non-islamic land is not having it both ways. They are by no means preventing us from religion. Not once has the police come to my house telling me I can't pray. We are not being prevented from our religion whatsoever so there is no problem there.

Forum List

Back