Is this the kind of nonsense talk we can expect on a daily basis from Trump and his team?

Well the reasons they give for private sector unions, wouldn't make sense for govt civil service jobs. Unions may have been necessary, but now they are not. You have safety regulations, you have a 40 hour workweek, you have benefits. The problem with modern unions, like all organizations is they have to make up fights and cause unnecessary issues to justify their existence. Like NATO, no point in it anymore, it was designed to counter the Warsaw Pact, scrap it, if you find you need a new organization, then make one, but NATO's reason for existing is over, but people would lose jobs, sorry folks.
Organized labor created workplace safety, the 40 hour week and benefits. If those are the only workplace issues, you may have a point. But wage disparity, equal pay, family leave and pensions are still active and vital issues for working families.

Labor is not just another commodity or raw material. And that's how labor is regarded among Conservatives and employers, public and private.

Equal pay?

We have FMLA, I thought Clinton solved it
How does Family and Medical Leave address the fact women are paid 79 cents on the dollar?

It doesnt, you had two questions.

Ok, equal pay, Show me that report and lets see if it addresses issues like women taking off prime earning years to have kids?
Do women stay as late at the office as men?
Do women do dangerous higher paying jobs lime men?

You cant just look at a spread sheet without taking into account that men and women are different.

Give me an example.
It is equal pay for equal work. My God people.

No one opposes it.
Show me somone who does or show me data proving your point.

BINGO! why are there public sector unions? I thought unions were to protect workers from the big bad capitalists, why do we need govt unions?
To protect them from big bad politicians.

Wait, how so?
I thought govt was great and would never treat workers bad.
You're whole argument for private sector unions goes out the window, because you are saying that's life.

but just for fun, how are they treated badly?
Do you believe there is a right to collective bargaining?

No, I dont. Because jobs are work that someone needs done. I can mow the lawn or hire someone, if you dont like my conditions, then move on.
Are you a worker? Can you afford to move on?

Let's play a game. You live in an economically depressed region. Home prices have tanked. The factory has closed. The ancillary businesses, barber shops, hardware stores, shoe stores etc., have been closing now for months and months.

Now, move on. Who will buy your house? What will you do for money while you try to find a new job. What about your kids and school?

It's easy to sit back and sneer and say 'move on' until you face that prospect for yourself. And they call Conservatives cold and heartless! I wonder why?
Sure, lets play this game.

I do live in economically depressed area and the company I worked for closed its doors.

I went on unemployment, but did not sit on My ass. I found a job that paid not as much and hated it. It was a sweat shop, but it paid the bills. I kept My eyes on the goal and My ear to rumor mill and after about a year, I found a job very close to what I had before, at only 5 dollars an hour less than I was making at the first job and dollar less than the sweat shop. I took the chance with the pay cut and I still work there today making 5 dollars per hour more than when hard times fell on Me. All during this time, I worked full time and attended an online college, earned two degrees, an AA and BS.

Before that, I moved from California to New York because of hard times and from New York to Pennsylvania because of family hardship and poor economy. That was under Clinton.

My wife lost a business and went to work making sandwiches at subway. She now works for the owner of 5 other subway restaurants and is the General Manger for these stores. We did this through hard work, a willingness to make sacrifices, and a belief in ourselves.

Now lets play that same game. Tell Me what hard times you've had to overcome. While you are at it, tell Me again how people cannot pull themselves out of a bad situation.

To protect them from big bad politicians.

Wait, how so?
You're whole argument for private sector unions goes out the window, because you are saying that's life.

No, I dont. Because jobs are work that someone needs done. I can mow the lawn or hire someone, if you dont like my conditions, then move on.

Let's play a game. You live in an economically depressed region. Home prices have tanked. The factory has closed. The ancillary businesses, barber shops, hardware stores, shoe stores etc., have been closing now for months and months.

Now, move on. Who will buy your house? What will you do for money while you try to find a new job. What about your kids and school?

It's easy to sit back and sneer and say 'move on' until you face that prospect for yourself. And they call Conservatives cold and heartless! I wonder why?

I do live in economically depressed area and the company I worked for closed its doors.

I went on unemployment, but did not sit on My ass. I found a job that paid not as much and hated it. It was a sweat shop, but it paid the bills. I kept My eyes on the goal and My ear to rumor mill and after about a year, I found a job very close to what I had before, at only 5 dollars an hour less than I was making at the first job and dollar less than the sweat shop. I took the chance with the pay cut and I still work there today making 5 dollars per hour more than when hard times fell on Me. All during this time, I worked full time and attended an online college, earned two degrees, an AA and BS.

Before that, I moved from California to New York because of hard times and from New York to Pennsylvania because of family hardship and poor economy. That was under Clinton.

My wife lost a business and went to work making sandwiches at subway. She now works for the owner of 5 other subway restaurants and is the General Manger for these stores. We did this through hard work, a willingness to make sacrifices, and a belief in ourselves.

Now lets play that same game. Tell Me what hard times you've had to overcome. While you are at it, tell Me again how people cannot pull themselves out of a bad situation.

I have no dog in this fight, but I can't help but wonder if you had to carry that cross yourself all the way from California to New York...

Wait, how so?

I have no dog in this fight, but I can't help but wonder if you had to carry that cross yourself all the way from California to New York...
Last dime of savings, as the saying goes.

Let's start with a premise. It's this: All politicians, to one extent or another, obfuscate the truth.

definition of obfuscate: being evasive, unclear, or obscure in the telling of the facts.

So, almost any politician can be selective in what he says or how he says something which is sometimes meant to conceal rather than reveal.

I can usually, but certainly not always, tell when it's happening. Senators and members of the House of Representatives are usually more blatant in "framing issues" in such a way as to make a mockery of what is actually true. Presidents and their staff are generally more circumspect in this regard due to both the sheer impact of their statements and the high degree of scrutiny their statements get both here at home and abroad.

Frankly, to be fair, I can think of some whoppers told by every president of the modern era. Some of these false or misleading statements, one can argue, are said in the interest of national security. Others are purely self-serving. Clinton's "I-did-not-have-sex-with-that-woman..." statement immediately comes to mind.

With that said, Trump and his team seem to be charting new ground even before taking office.

What prompts me to post this is a news report I just saw about the CIA continuing to look into Russia's meddling in last month's US national election due, at least in part, to the fact that president Obama had ordered a full review to be done in this regard.

Trump team responds to report that Russia helped Trump win

At any rate, as I read the article, I saw an unattributed quote from someone on Trump's transition team. The person reportedly said the following: "The election ended a long time ago in one of the biggest Electoral College victories in history."

Really? I didn't think the margin was particularly large. Consequently, I decided to see if I could find out how large it really was when compared to ALL the other presidential elections from George Washington onward.

Here's what I found:

We've had 58 presidential elections over our entire history. Trump's electoral margin of victory was 46th out of 58, AND he still managed to lose the popular vote by somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.7 MILLION ballots cast. So, what this all means is that approximately 78% of the winners of previous elections had a higher winning electoral margin than Trump had.

List of United States presidential elections by Electoral College margin - Wikipedia

So, I can't help but ask the question again. Is this the kind of nonsense talk we can expect on a daily basis from Trump and his team? If so, the nation is going to tire of it in short order. Of that, I am sure!
The next 8 years are,going to be difficult,for you snowflakes....:lol:

Let's start with a premise. It's this: All politicians, to one extent or another, obfuscate the truth.

definition of obfuscate: being evasive, unclear, or obscure in the telling of the facts.

So, almost any politician can be selective in what he says or how he says something which is sometimes meant to conceal rather than reveal.

I can usually, but certainly not always, tell when it's happening. Senators and members of the House of Representatives are usually more blatant in "framing issues" in such a way as to make a mockery of what is actually true. Presidents and their staff are generally more circumspect in this regard due to both the sheer impact of their statements and the high degree of scrutiny their statements get both here at home and abroad.

Frankly, to be fair, I can think of some whoppers told by every president of the modern era. Some of these false or misleading statements, one can argue, are said in the interest of national security. Others are purely self-serving. Clinton's "I-did-not-have-sex-with-that-woman..." statement immediately comes to mind.

With that said, Trump and his team seem to be charting new ground even before taking office.

What prompts me to post this is a news report I just saw about the CIA continuing to look into Russia's meddling in last month's US national election due, at least in part, to the fact that president Obama had ordered a full review to be done in this regard.

At any rate, as I read the article, I saw an unattributed quote from someone on Trump's transition team. The person reportedly said the following: "The election ended a long time ago in one of the biggest Electoral College victories in history."

Really? I didn't think the margin was particularly large. Consequently, I decided to see if I could find out how large it really was when compared to ALL the other presidential elections from George Washington onward.

Here's what I found:

We've had 58 presidential elections over our entire history. Trump's electoral margin of victory was 46th out of 58, AND he still managed to lose the popular vote by somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.7 MILLION ballots cast. So, what this all means is that approximately 78% of the winners of previous elections had a higher winning electoral margin than Trump had.

List of United States presidential elections by Electoral College margin - Wikipedia

So, I can't help but ask the question again. Is this the kind of nonsense talk we can expect on a daily basis from Trump and his team? If so, the nation is going to tire of it in short order. Of that, I am sure!

Ya know I dont know if you guys are being dishonest or just always littery read someone word for word and is not competent to read between the lines and knows what some one is really trying to say..

What I gather what they meant: look at the polls ..hillary should of won by a lanslide.. You should be able to get it now.

I can usually, but certainly not always, tell when it's happening. Senators and members of the House of Representatives are usually more blatant in "framing issues" in such a way as to make a mockery of what is actually true. Presidents and their staff are generally more circumspect in this regard due to both the sheer impact of their statements and the high degree of scrutiny their statements get both at here at home and abroad.

Really? I didn't think the margin was particularly large. Consequently, I decided to see if I could find out how large it really was when compared to ALL the other presidential elections from George Washington onward. Here's what I found out.

We've had 58 presidential elections over our entire history. Trump's electoral margin of victory was 46th out of 58, AND he managed to lose the popular vote by somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.7 ballots cast. So, what that means is that approximately 78% of the winners of previous elections had a higher winning margin than Trump.

Well that would explain this --

Trump's favorability jumps since election

I wouldn't put much stock in ANY favorability rating which is calculated more than a month prior to actually taking office.

I've never put any stock on Obama's "favorability" ratings...talk about a bunch of BS. it's liked they polled San Freak Show

Fine.

However, I'm going to offer a prediction that I personally think is a no-brainer.

I predict that people are going to miss (REALLY miss) no-drama Obama and his sober, reflective, calm and reassuring leadership style very soon, especially considering that Trump is SO reactive and easily (and quite obviously) agitated by even the smallest seemingly insignificant thing (Think Alec Baldwin on SNL). Trump's excitable reactive style is going to make a LOT of people very nervous simply because he's predictably unpredictable. I would liken it to having a friend who is so emotionally excitable about almost anything that you're always trying to tip toe through a conversation because you're never really sure what's going to set him off. It's tiring, and taxing. My bet is that America is going to sour on Trump in record time. That's when his fragile ego is going to shift into a self-pity mode which is going to make people long for the days of Obama and how he maturely handled adversity like a man who understood it came with the territory and that there was no point on dwelling (or should I say, obsessing) on unimportant issues that would merely serve to distract his focus from the job at hand.

You couldn't be more wrong bud.
You did however outline one very important thing that made REAL American's fall in love with Trump and his methodology.
You see REAL American's like to see ACTION, we hate a calm calculated demeanor with all the trivial word play...we see right through that bullshit...we know that's just a shady method to conceal and make people think everything is okay...a calm demeanor almost always shows lack of motivation to get shit done!
We also hate it when a leader turns a blind eye to the 'little things'....we're smart enough to know that 'little things' turn to big things real fast and it's always better to be proactive and set precedent early on. See how this works?
Nut-job Liberals love to play pretend and keep their heads in the sand as long as they get their free shit and acknowledgement.
REAL American's want and need a motivated, charismatic REAL leader who listens to the people that matter...who isn't afraid to make decisions and isn't cautious in everything said and done...it's time to make shit happen and that scares the shit out all the weirdo's, low-lifes and immigrants...anyone truly legit is safe...everyone else is and should be paranoid. Enjoy the show as America is made American again....hahaha

Action? That arrogant hubris-filled chucklehead Trump can't even be bothered to get a daily national security briefing cuz he thinks he doesn't need it while he's also rejecting a report from national security experts about Russian interference in our election. He's a world class dumbass. Hey, I've heard of putting blinders on a horse to keep him from being distracted from anything other than the track in front of him, but I've never heard of an owner of a horse putting a blindfold on a horse right before a race, and that's exactly the way Trump is coming across. I hope you understand that he's actually setting himself up for a massive fall in his approval ratings if we ever have another terrorist attack, and it's determined that he was AWOL regarding his constitutional duties while he was spending his time obsessing on his executive producer role on The Apprentice or he was otherwise spending his time on issues related to his business dealings. Any man who gets elected to president should at least be projecting an image (whether true or not) that he's minding the national security store. Instead, Trump is giving every indication that he's cavalier about his responsibilities. That's not action; that's idiocy!

I wouldn't put much stock in ANY favorability rating which is calculated more than a month prior to actually taking office.

I've never put any stock on Obama's "favorability" ratings...talk about a bunch of BS. it's liked they polled San Freak Show

Fine.

However, I'm going to offer a prediction that I personally think is a no-brainer.

I predict that people are going to miss (REALLY miss) no-drama Obama and his sober, reflective, calm and reassuring leadership style very soon, especially considering that Trump is SO reactive and easily (and quite obviously) agitated by even the smallest seemingly insignificant thing (Think Alec Baldwin on SNL). Trump's excitable reactive style is going to make a LOT of people very nervous simply because he's predictably unpredictable. I would liken it to having a friend who is so emotionally excitable about almost anything that you're always trying to tip toe through a conversation because you're never really sure what's going to set him off. It's tiring, and taxing. My bet is that America is going to sour on Trump in record time. That's when his fragile ego is going to shift into a self-pity mode which is going to make people long for the days of Obama and how he maturely handled adversity like a man who understood it came with the territory and that there was no point on dwelling (or should I say, obsessing) on unimportant issues that would merely serve to distract his focus from the job at hand.

You did however outline one very important thing that made REAL American's fall in love with Trump and his methodology.
You see REAL American's like to see ACTION, we hate a calm calculated demeanor with all the trivial word play...we see right through that bullshit...we know that's just a shady method to conceal and make people think everything is okay...a calm demeanor almost always shows lack of motivation to get shit done!
We also hate it when a leader turns a blind eye to the 'little things'....we're smart enough to know that 'little things' turn to big things real fast and it's always better to be proactive and set precedent early on. See how this works?
Nut-job Liberals love to play pretend and keep their heads in the sand as long as they get their free shit and acknowledgement.
REAL American's want and need a motivated, charismatic REAL leader who listens to the people that matter...who isn't afraid to make decisions and isn't cautious in everything said and done...it's time to make shit happen and that scares the shit out all the weirdo's, low-lifes and immigrants...anyone truly legit is safe...everyone else is and should be paranoid. Enjoy the show as America is made American again....hahaha

Action? That arrogant hubris-filled chucklehead Trump can't even be bothered to get a daily national security briefing cuz he thinks he doesn't need it while also rejecting a report from national security experts about Russian interference in our election. He's a world class dumbass. Hey, I've heard of putting blinders on a horse to keep him from being distracted from anything other than the track in front of him, but I've never heard of an owner of a horse putting a blindfold on a horse right before a race, and that's exactly the way Trump is coming across. I hope you understand that he's actually setting himself up for a massive fall in his approval ratings if we ever have another terrorist attack, and it's determined that he was AWOL regarding his constitutional duties while he was spending his time obsessing on his executive producer role on The Apprentice or he was otherwise spending his time on issues related to his business dealings. Any man who gets elected to president should at least be projecting an image (whether true or not) that he's minding the national security store. Instead, Trump is giving every indication that he's cavalier about his responsibilities. That's not action; that's idiocy!
Such anger snowflake.....:lol:

Fine.

Action? That arrogant hubris-filled chucklehead Trump can't even be bothered to get a daily national security briefing cuz he thinks he doesn't need it while also rejecting a report from national security experts about Russian interference in our election. He's a world class dumbass. Hey, I've heard of putting blinders on a horse to keep him from being distracted from anything other than the track in front of him, but I've never heard of an owner of a horse putting a blindfold on a horse right before a race, and that's exactly the way Trump is coming across. I hope you understand that he's actually setting himself up for a massive fall in his approval ratings if we ever have another terrorist attack, and it's determined that he was AWOL regarding his constitutional duties while he was spending his time obsessing on his executive producer role on The Apprentice or he was otherwise spending his time on issues related to his business dealings. Any man who gets elected to president should at least be projecting an image (whether true or not) that he's minding the national security store. Instead, Trump is giving every indication that he's cavalier about his responsibilities. That's not action; that's idiocy!

Dereliction of duty is a court martial offense in the military. With that said, I can guarantee you that both the American public and the Congress would not be amused if and when public opinion on Trump's performance as commander-in-chief is seen as negligent at best in the aftermath of an attack on the American people, especially after all his bluster of toughness prior to the election. It's just unfathomable to me that he would telegraph his cavalier attitude to the whole world. I say that because he's essentially inviting terrorist to make him look like a fool, and I have little doubt that they would love to do so, and then mock him in the aftermath of an attack.

Fine.

Dereliction of duty is a court martial offense in the military. With that said, I can guarantee you that both the American public and the Congress would not be amused if and when public opinion on Trump's performance as commander-in-chief is seen as negligent at best in the aftermath of an attack on the American people, especially after all his bluster of toughness prior to the election. It's just unfathomable to me that he would telegraph his cavalier attitude to the whole world. I say that because he's essentially inviting terrorist to make him look like a fool, and I have little doubt that they would love to do so, and then mock him in the aftermath of an attack.

Obama is derelict in his duty, why are you not whining and bawling about him, shill?

Fine.

Such a precious snowflake....

Here's what I found:

The majority of people were tired of it before he won--LOL But to a Trump supporter--no matter what he says or does it's O.K.

AN EXAMPLE:

If Obama had stated he's going to penalize American corporations with a 35% penalty tax--the Reich wingers on this board would have had a conniption shit fit--that would be splattered all over this board. Rush Limbaugh & other Reich wing talking heads would have gone hoarse through all the screaming. Trump does it, and they're O.K. with it now.

If Obama would have put out a tweet hit on Boeing Aircraft like Trump did, you would have never heard the end of it from the Reich wing. Trump does it, and now they're O.K. with it.

So this is really what you will be seeing in the next four years, if he's not impeached first. A lurch to the left by a Republican President, who really was never a Republican, much less a conservative, and they will accept it. Because it's Donald Trump who's doing it.

Trump-RINO-2016.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back