Is This A Ghost?

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
Sunday a couple friends and I went up to Virginia City to the Bucket of Blood Saloon to listen to David John and the Comstock Cowboy's. (I missed ya arch...) During one of the bands breaks we went outside to take a pic. I always like to take two pictures just so I can pick the best of the two. Well... there's something of a big cloud in front of us in the second picture, and it's a mystery to me what it is. My camera is a Canon S50 Power Shot, digital, and it's never done this before. I was looking right at my friend taking the picture, and he did a good job.

There are lots of stories about haunted Virginia City. So... is this a ghost?

If it was I sure hope it was a girl...considering where it was hoovering! :eek:

Would you kindly attach the image, or host with another site, such as imagehostingsite.com - I can't see the pic, and am VERY curious.

:)

No ghost, flash.

Pic #1 is less exposed than #2.
Camera position is different in #2: note the white square over yer pals left shoulder and the “76” in the window in #1, the light just above his hat, and compare to #2.

My guess is the change in camera position caused the flash reflection.
I agree with Mom.

***TWO great pics, D**** :poke:

Mr. P said:
My guess is the change in camera position caused the flash reflection.

I'd say, and I wonder if Misterblu agrees - A latent finger print/smudge coupled with reflected light. Notice the guys are not 'in' the mist - the mist is clearly on top of the image. If there was mist beside, thru, etc, their legs it'd be more suspicious.

dmp said:
I'd say, and I wonder if Misterblu agrees - A latent finger print/smudge coupled with reflected light. Notice the guys are not 'in' the mist - the mist is clearly on top of the image. If there was mist beside, thru, etc, their legs it'd be more suspicious.
But it's so much MORE fun to think it's ghosts. I say fuck reasonable explanations; it's a ghost.

dmp said:

I concur. :thup:

Forum List

Back