Burke, Virginia, is named after an enslaver. A journalist wants to change that

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

A former reporter has launched a campaign to rename his Virginia hometown, Burke, to stop the commemoration of an enslaver and instead honor a child he enslaved, a six-year-old boy named Fenton.

This seems to be a noble aim. We should not be celebrating the lives of awful people. At the very least the residents should have a vote to decide what they want.
Many countries have shaken off a dark past. Bombay is now Mumbai and Delhi is now Channai. Maybe Burke would be better as Fenton ? Or any other non slavery name.

A former reporter has launched a campaign to rename his Virginia hometown, Burke, to stop the commemoration of an enslaver and instead honor a child he enslaved, a six-year-old boy named Fenton.

This seems to be a noble aim. We should not be celebrating the lives of awful people. At the very least the residents should have a vote to decide what they want.
Many countries have shaken off a dark past. Bombay is now Mumbai and Delhi is now Channai. Maybe Burke would be better as Fenton ? Or any other non slavery name.

What about Washington, DC? And Washington state, for that matter?

You people are so fucking dumb.

Aren't we gonna have to rename Washington Dc and Lincoln Nebraska as well?

How about America itself, named after Amerigo Vespucci a slave owner.......

The poutrage rolls on.......

How about America itself, named after Amerigo Vespucci a slave owner.......

The poutrage rolls on.......
Sure, all slaver names are on the table more and more these days. Coinciding with your demographic decline. You didn't think a browner population was going to keep celebrating the pieces of human shits your deplorable culture celebrates, did you?

Burke has a higher than average crime rate. IMO tackling that is is more important than what the town name is. This journalist seems more interested in getting their 15 minutes more than they are about bettering the community
You know that its possible to do more than one thing at a time. You do know that ?

Sure, all slaver names are on the table more and more these days. Coinciding with your demographic decline. You didn't think a browner population was going to keep celebrating the pieces of human shits your deplorable culture celebrates, did you?
It's gotten to the point where people are expected to respond to negativity ..butt hurt .. snow flakes ..

A reputable journalist would not do this. Nobody cares about a name.

Somebody pissed in your Post Toasties this morning huh?

My Culture is counter.

Awww. You continue to imagine some difference as we continue to rearrange the landscape and furniture. :itsok:

Btw, it's the letting yourselves be replaced in your own country that's pussy to me but I'm not complaining. I love pussy and as you can see from my participation here, I love playing with it. :funnyface:

No one is replacing anyone, boy. You people aren't capable of self-governing. If you knew even basic history, you'd understand that.

Somebody pissed in your Post Toasties this morning huh?

My Culture is counter.

Why would you think that? I enjoy living in the age of the changing American landscape. When I was growing up the Confederacy was sacred heritage now its deplorable. That's positive change as far as I'm concerned and why shouldn't I be hopeful that positive change continues, especially as whites decline? :dunno: :lmao:

Forum List

Back