Is This A Ghost?

misterblu said:
He can't help it if h-h-he st-st-stuttters. Don't be mean. :halo:

He's dyslexic too! :)
Good thing he's not agnostic and an insomniac too.

Then he'd stay up all night w-w-w-w-ondering if there was a d-d-d-d-d-dog.

Well, the camera was on automatic flash, so it's possible it set the exposure different in each picture. However, the picture taker never moved. I was looking directly at him standing mabye seven feet away. He took both pictures without doing one thing different.

Now the twist. The main street in Virginia City, Nevada is C street. Story has it that a little girl had been run down and killed by a wagon back in the Comstock Mining days. Virginia City was a bussling metropolis of around 20,000, and wild and dangerous as hell. I printed the picture and showed it to my friend today at work, and he said such apparitions in pictures taken on C street are not uncommon. When another friend saw the pictures, he said he had one like it, but you could make out more clearly the outline of a little girl.

The flash was not reflecting off anything. If it did, both pictures would look the same. My lens I keep compulsively clean. I have been into photography for years, and I'm very particular about keeping my camera's in top shape.

Bottom line is, the cloudiness in the second picture has no GOOD explanation... other than... possibly the ghost of the little girl. Of course first of all you need to believe in such things. If you don't, you'll never buy the ghost possibility. That's cool. But me... I know both pictures should be identicle. I stood right there and watched as this person didn't as much as move his feet, but rather just pushed the button on my camera, twice. Big difference in pictures though.

I take it you could finaly see the pictures D. I thought you might, out of everyone, been quite interested, being the picture buff you are.

Pale Rider said:
Well, the camera was on automatic flash, so it's possible it set the exposure different in each picture. However, the picture taker never moved. I was looking directly at him standing mabye seven feet away. He took both pictures without doing one thing different.

Now the twist. The main street in Virginia City, Nevada is C street. Story has it that a little girl had been run down and killed by a wagon back in the Comstock Mining days. Virginia City was a bussling metropolis of around 20,000, and wild and dangerous as hell. I printed the picture and showed it to my friend today at work, and he said such apparitions in pictures taken on C street are not uncommon. When another friend saw the pictures, he said he had one like it, but you could make out more clearly the outline of a little girl.

The flash was not reflecting off anything. If it did, both pictures would look the same. My lens I keep compulsively clean. I have been into photography for years, and I'm very particular about keeping my camera's in top shape.

Bottom line is, the cloudiness in the second picture has no GOOD explanation... other than... possibly the ghost of the little girl. Of course first of all you need to believe in such things. If you don't, you'll never buy the ghost possibility. That's cool. But me... I know both pictures should be identicle. I stood right there and watched as this person didn't as much as move his feet, but rather just pushed the button on my camera, twice. Big difference in pictures though.

I take it you could finaly see the pictures D. I thought you might, out of everyone, been quite interested, being the picture buff you are.

about seven years ago the priest from St.Mary's was killed adjacent to the "Bucket of Blood" right about where the old hearse is displayed at the corner of the Bucket front door and the 'Delta' parking lot! He was struck by if I remember right a auto driven by the younger McBride brother who lost control in a patch of ice... could have been another prominent member of VC though...also this brother was found dead alongside the road near UNLV last spring...he did not show up for classes and a search found him...cause of death was unknown, suicide was suspected...just food for thought to continue speculation over the ghost vs flash theory!...and yes many ghost stories abound in VC! ;)

The ClayTaurus said:
Welcome to how urban legends begin.

have some truth attached...where the imagination takes it is another story!

dmp said:
URBAN legends are only good for high altitudes or drag racing. Mostly are gimmicks.

move on ya beat that comment to death...come up with something new!

The ClayTaurus said:
If you said "all legends," that includes any type of legend, urban included.

there are legends and then ya have 'Urban' which is akin to fables...and some do have truth attached...but not all... I conceded that already! :laugh:

Hey guys, I have this video of me driving in the countryside a couple years back, and after rewatching it, I think there might be a ghost present. Do you see the sort of misty white cloud that's following my car?

Forum List

Back