Is This A Ghost?

The ClayTaurus said:
If you two played basketball against each other, it'd look something like this.
a_james_395.jpg

Nope. Looks more like this:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2076186099811337018&q=white+men+can't+jump

:afro:

The ClayTaurus said:
How much did you weigh when you could dunk? I'm 6-2 and I can just grab rim, can't get the ball in...

190. I had trouble palming the ball...probably still would. Back then, I could stand on two feet below the rim, and jump up and hang from it. When I learned how to jump, on the run, off one foot, I got the extra few inches in vertical required to dunk. I used to play basketball a lot.

The ClayTaurus said:
How much did you weigh when you could dunk? I'm 6-2 and I can just grab rim, can't get the ball in...

I'm 1770 mm tall and when I weighed 70,307 gms I could just hit the rim with my wrist/ upper forearm. Had I been able to palm the ball, I could have dunked.

dmp said:
190. I had trouble palming the ball...probably still would. Back then, I could stand on two feet below the rim, and jump up and hang from it. When I learned how to jump, on the run, off one foot, I got the extra few inches in vertical required to dunk. I used to play basketball a lot.
I've been trying to get my legs to get the extra two inches I need, as I can't quite palm the ball either, but 225 lbs is a lot of meat to fling airborne. I'm hoping with weight training in the thighs and calves, and maybe drop 5-10 lbs, I might have a shot.

misterblu said:
I'm 1770 mm tall and when I weighed 70,307 gms I could just hit the rim with my wrist/ upper forearm. Had I been able to palm the ball, I could have dunked.
If I weighed 160 lbs, I could jump on top of the backboard.

misterblu said:

I could have sworn you were at least 1784mm tall. Weird.

The ClayTaurus said:
I've been trying to get my legs to get the extra two inches I need, as I can't quite palm the ball either, but 225 lbs is a lot of meat to fling airborne. I'm hoping with weight training in the thighs and calves, and maybe drop 5-10 lbs, I might have a shot.

Indeed...work calves...lots of work there. And stretch.

The ClayTaurus said:
If I weighed 160 lbs, I could jump on top of the backboard.

Well, if you could jump to the top of the backboard, I suppose you wouldn't have a problem being 4.5" shorter either. :funnyface

Forum List

Back