Burke, Virginia, is named after an enslaver. A journalist wants to change that

A former reporter has launched a campaign to rename his Virginia hometown, Burke, to stop the commemoration of an enslaver and instead honor a child he enslaved, a six-year-old boy named Fenton.

This seems to be a noble aim. We should not be celebrating the lives of awful people. At the very least the residents should have a vote to decide what they want.
Many countries have shaken off a dark past. Bombay is now Mumbai and Delhi is now Channai. Maybe Burke would be better as Fenton ? Or any other non slavery name.
Maybe Burke would be better as Fenton ? Or any other non slavery name.

Maybe Tommy should mind his own business

Last edited:
Yup. According to you Biden is what strong white supremacy looks like. :lmao:

Very much so...

1709223607986.png

You're the one who keeps saying it.
No. You keep saying it but now you're saying something different. So which is it? Is Biden a strong white or a weak white?
Oh, and you're also the one who keeps voting for the guys in KKK hoods and the guys who don't want their white kids in the same room as you.

LOL
The same guys who tore down Confederate culture and chose a Black woman for his running mate? If those are examples of strong white supremacy then I'm really fucking terrified! :lmao:

At the hands of tens of thousands of Americans who gave their lives abolishing it...the defeated then formed a white elitist party that exists to this day...that was one of the poorest strawman arguments of all-time tommy, if not for the socially educated you would be standing alone on this one.
Hundreds of thousands died trying to keep slavery. Their descendants are now the alt and MAGA right.

No. You keep saying it but now you're saying something different. So which is it? Is Biden a strong white or a weak white?

The same guys who tore down Confederate culture and chose a Black woman for his running mate? If those are examples of strong white supremacy then I'm really fucking terrified! :lmao:

Weak to me, but strong to you, hence your support for him and his KKK pals.

Remember, you're the one who voted for the guy in the KKK hood, and the guy who said he doesn't want his white kids in the same room as you. I hate those guys.

:laughing0301:

Weak to me, but strong to you, hence your support for him and his KKK pals.
So he's a weak white supremacist. Got it.
Remember, you're the one who voted for the guy in the KKK hood, and the guy who said he doesn't want his white kids in the same room as you. I hate those guys.

I love cuckolded whites who can be shamed into tearing down white culture.

Anyway, back to your votes for the guy in the KKK hood, and the guy who said he doesn't want his white kids in the same room as you. Why?
And then was cuckolded into having a black woman share the Executive with him. See how that works yet or are you still confused? :itsok:

A former reporter has launched a campaign to rename his Virginia hometown, Burke, to stop the commemoration of an enslaver and instead honor a child he enslaved, a six-year-old boy named Fenton.

This seems to be a noble aim. We should not be celebrating the lives of awful people. At the very least the residents should have a vote to decide what they want.
Many countries have shaken off a dark past. Bombay is now Mumbai and Delhi is now Channai. Maybe Burke would be better as Fenton ? Or any other non slavery name.
How many slaveowners, Segregationists, and Jim Crowe supporters flew under the Democrat Party banner? Based on your criteria, the Democrat Party should be renamed.

Nope, perfectly clear on the fact that you voted for the guy in the KKK hood, and the guy who said he doesn't want his white kids in the same room as you.

Because I care more about policy than I do about costumes and things said last century. A cosplayer like you wouldn't understand that. :itsok:

Hmmmm....good point. The Democrat Party was created by two slave owners, fought to expand slavery into new states, started the Civil War to keep blacks as their slaves, when the Republican party beat them and freed the slaves, the democrat party enacted jim crow laws, lynchings, and the ku klux klan as well as fighting against all of the Civil Rights acts up to the last two, only voting for the last two in order to hide their racism going forward.

So...if we are going to change the name of a town because the dude was a slave owner....

What do you want to do with a political party founded by two slave owners that has been and continues to commit atrocities against blacks in this country?

Forum List

Back