Is there anyone left who thinks marijuana should be illegal?

Yeah, yeah "i never smoked the stuff but I knowed somebody who done it". Give it a rest Doc. Pot heads can get a couple of seeds and grow a tree in their garage and smoke the stuff until they become complete idiots but that ain't what the issue is about. They want to make a buck off it by selling it to our kids. It's pretty strange that while the government is cracking down on cigarette smoking there is a movement to sell stuff that will rot your lungs out faster and cause all sorts of problems including fires from idiots who leave a roach burning and impared driving.

Yeah, yeah "i never smoked the stuff but I knowed somebody who done it". Give it a rest Doc. Pot heads can get a couple of seeds and grow a tree in their garage and smoke the stuff until they become complete idiots but that ain't what the issue is about. They want to make a buck off it by selling it to our kids. It's pretty strange that while the government is cracking down on cigarette smoking there is a movement to sell stuff that will rot your lungs out faster and cause all sorts of problems including fires from idiots who leave a roach burning and impared driving.

reefer_madness.jpg

As an employer, I do see "effects", however these same sightings can be caused from stress, depression, lack of sleep, intoxication, etc. Hence a test needs to be developed that can tell me the level of marijuana in a person's system at that moment. One currently does not exist.

I see so if you suspect someone's stoned, then tell them to go take a piss test, they fail it, you fire them, what's wrong with that?

Never mind, Sparky. You are either too stoned or too stupid to understand what I have just taken my time to explain to you three times already. Enjoy your tokes!

You want an on the spot test I get it, my explanations are showing why even in the scenarios you're spitting out that they aren't necessary.

You suspect someone is stoned, they take your future magical instant test, they fail, you fire them.

You suspect someone is stoned, they take the current test, they fail and maybe you don't get results for a few hours, you fire them.

Is that couple of hour window that enormous of a detail that you think should influence hundreds of billions of our money and strip away personal freedoms?

Last edited:

I would take it as no hit on my character if I'd smoked it before, so me saying I never have is meangingless, it's just a fact. You don't have to believe it, that's inconsequential to me.

Not liking weed, not liking potheads, I never understand this argument. I don't like weed and typically I don't respect potheads intelligence either because of the risks they take in smoking weed from a legal perspective. It shouldn't be illegal in my opinion, but if tomorrow they said snickers bars were illegal I wouldn't ever buy any for my job and bill paying's sake.

These same arguments were used by people during alcohol prohibition, and proven silly. I don't know how so many people so many decades later still stick to them.

I think maijuana is a natural plant placed on this earth by God for many reasons.. just like other herbs, for our benefit. I don't have a problem in legalizing marijuana.. it's the other drugs the Anarchists want legalized I take issue with.

Well That's the million dollar question. It it a weed or a herb?
It it's a weed it's part of the curse from Adam and Eve.

Hemp/Cannabis. Not a weed. Been used for centuries by mankind.

It was unconsitutional for the Federal goverment to outlaw the growing of hemp in 1937. The war on American who use the flowers of the Hemp/Cannabis plants is also unconstitutional. The lies in the propaganda they used then are still prevelant today.

I'm totally against the nanny statists. Make all drugs legal for personal use. Stiffen the penalties for DUI and PI however.

Why are we stopping at weed? It's called weed b/c it is a weed. the idea of collecting taxes on it is just as good an idea of trying to tax lawn grass.

To actually collect taxes we need to legalise the stuff that needs a detailed process done. Like coke, meth, pcp, etc...

A few good people will die b/c of this (no more than usuall), but we should be able to remove some truly fucked people out of the gene pool.

It's not a weed. It has been cultivated by mankind for centuries.

More individual freedom is always more beneficial to society than the police/nanny state.

You can have that freedom.... when you can guarantee me that I won't be picking up the tab for it. Until then, forget it.

You are picking up the tab for it, hence me bringing up the hundreds of billions if not trillions that's been spent of our money to keep it illegal.

Wouldn't we rather have our resources used on stuff a little more important?

More individual freedom is always more beneficial to society than the police/nanny state.

You can have that freedom.... when you can guarantee me that I won't be picking up the tab for it. Until then, forget it.

You're already picking up the tab to enforce the draconian laws as well as paying for the propaganda to wage a so called war against your fellow citizens.

You are picking up the tab for it, hence me bringing up the hundreds of billions if not trillions that's been spent of our money to keep it illegal.

Damn Dr. you beat me to it.

I'd go with trillions......

Damn Dr. you beat me to it.

I'd go with trillions......

People always forget about the money part, the money part matters to me even more than the social reasons.

Cut defense cuz it's too expensive.

Cut the Drug War cuz it's too expensive.

Cut welfare/social security cuz it's too expensive.

We can't afford our current budget, or frankly any budget we've had in my 25 year lifetime.

You're already picking up the tab to enforce the draconian laws as well as paying for the propaganda to wage a so called war against your fellow citizens.

I don't care. I care that there is a vast amount of research linking MJ to mental illness, and, by the evidence on this board... it also causes terminal stupidity. I do not want my medical costs to go up because a bunch of morons aren't capable of getting through life without 'self medicating'. You want to do pot, fine, have at it. Just guarantee you won't be a burden on me. Pay for your own mental problems.

Just curious.

Do you think hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars should be spent on keeping this drug illegal?

Seems most people I talk to of any political leaning seem to think this is a stupid concept, and I would agree.

Disclaimer= I've never smoked pot in my life, so no silly pothead assumptions please.

I see nothing to be gained by continuing to attempt to Ban a plant. It is almost as if we learned nothing at all from Prohibition.

I don't care. I care that there is a vast amount of research linking MJ to mental illness, and, by the evidence on this board... it also causes terminal stupidity. I do not want my medical costs to go up because a bunch of morons aren't capable of getting through life without 'self medicating'. You want to do pot, fine, have at it. Just guarantee you won't be a burden on me. Pay for your own mental problems.

No offense but that is some bullshit.

First there is not a "vast amount of Research" linking pot to anything.

Second, you have a problem with people self medicating with Pot, but what about the 65% of people who medicate daily, with much harder, and more harmful Narcotics? I really find it funny that people are against weed, but sit by and accept the fact that more than Half of people rely on Heavy medications every day. Medications we often find out 10 years down the road are very harmful. Simply because a doctor told you to take it.

Personally, I see no reasonable use for ANYTHING like Marijauna on the market. Hemp is a totally different topic. I don't use marijuana, never have, and never will. Heck, I got a college roommate expelled for having it in our dorm room. I see NO positive value to its use, whatsoever.

Yes many still think pot should be illegal.

I lean more towards it being legal as booze is.

But I do not think legalizing it would benefit our society.
Yeah.....let's HEAR IT for...

STRESS!!

judgment_day_terror.jpg

Endorsed by:
The National Association Of Cardiac Surgeons

Last edited:
Yes many still think pot should be illegal.

I lean more towards it being legal as booze is.

But I do not think legalizing it would benefit our society.

i always appreciate your input, USCitizen, but in this case I must disagree

pot is LESS dangerous than alcohol, football, mountain climbing, boxing, kickboxing, tobacco.....

MILLIONS of good and decent HARD WORKING Americans smoke pot
people in their 20's , 30's, 40's, 50's 60's....and up...

many of them go to college
get degrees
have careers
own businesses

they get married, have kids, raise families, send their kids to college

white collar Americans, blue collar Americans

MILLIONS of hard working Americans who enjoy smoking pot for relaxation

MOST of whom are not going out and getting into any trouble....

I know guys who smoke pot and;
make music (musicians)
love to make love to their spouses
get creative; music, art, woodworking, pottery
get energetic; play games, basketball, baseball, flag football, frisbee

some of the greatest music ever written was created by guys smoking pot (the beatles, for one)

pot should be legalized, regulated and taxed

the war on pot is an abomination

America waging war on its own citizens simply because of pot is barbaric

Last edited:

But you just said all you care about is picking up the tab. Your tab would be less if it were legalized.

Vast amount of research? If it's so vast post some of the studies.

I say there is not. Governement limits research. That's why it's classified the way it is.

people get sick from alcohol use

and we pick up the tab

people develop illnesses from tobacco

and we pick up the tab

people get illnesses from oover eating

and we pick up the tab

people get illnesses from eating fatty foods

and we pick up the tab

a LOT of conservatives ea fatty foods, refuse to diet and exercise, smoke tobacco and drink alcohol...

fromwhich they develop all kinds of health problems

and they they get medicare or medicaid.....

so we pick up the tab....

I am not surprised to find that you are another freedom hating nanny state loving hypocritical conservative

but I wish you weren''t

\

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQRMvg5TAl8"]Pot is sending us to Hell in a bread basket.[/ame]

Forum List

Back