Is there anyone left who thinks marijuana should be illegal?

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
Just curious.

Do you think hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars should be spent on keeping this drug illegal?

Seems most people I talk to of any political leaning seem to think this is a stupid concept, and I would agree.

Disclaimer= I've never smoked pot in my life, so no silly pothead assumptions please.

Yes many still think pot should be illegal.

I lean more towards it being legal as booze is.

But I do not think legalizing it would benefit our society.

Yes many still think pot should be illegal.

I lean more towards it being legal as booze is.

But I do not think legalizing it would benefit our society.

I'm 25, weed was more available in my middle school and high school than alcohol and cigarettes. If I wanted to I could've smoked weed everyday for free.

Making marijuana illegal just means moving the industry into the hands of terrorists, gang bangers and foreign druglords and out of the hands of the american economy, american corporations and the american farmer.

More individual freedom is always more beneficial to society than the police/nanny state.
I'm all for individual freedom, but what I'm not seeing enough of is individual responsibility.

I have no problem with people being arrested for not being responsible once they have it. ex.) being arrested for drunk driving

People should also be arrested if stoned-driving. But it shouldn't be illegal to smoke weed in your own home.

I'm a victim of this "War on Drugs" for a simple possession under 1/2 Ounce.

Now I'm apparently an addict since I had to sign up for a Drug Program instead of Jail time. Oh! So that's where DARE gets their info on how many teens are "addicted" to bud.

Give me a break.. It's scheduled as a Schedule I drug and that means that it has no medicinal benefits, except there are and the government actually has studies to prove it. Yet they keep on lying and not even mentioning the subject.

Why is tobacco legal when it doesn't have any medicinal benefits? What about all the deaths it causes a year? Cancer? Oh! that's right, the Government is being paid by the tobacco companies just to keep it the way it is.. ahh America...

Just curious.

Do you think hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars should be spent on keeping this drug illegal?

Seems most people I talk to of any political leaning seem to think this is a stupid concept, and I would agree.

Disclaimer= I've never smoked pot in my life, so no silly pothead assumptions please.

Until a test is developed that allows employers to determine whether or not their employees are "high", similar to breathalyzers and blood tests utilized for alcohol testing today, then yes, in my opinion, it should remain outlawed.

I think maijuana is a natural plant placed on this earth by God for many reasons.. just like other herbs, for our benefit. I don't have a problem in legalizing marijuana.. it's the other drugs the Anarchists want legalized I take issue with.

Just curious.

Until a test is developed that allows employers to determine whether or not their employees are "high", similar to breathalyzers and blood tests utilized for alcohol testing today, then yes, in my opinion, it should remain outlawed.

Who cares?

I used to go high a couple times to work when I used to smoke with my co-workers and never had a complaint. Put some eye drops and act "normal" and you're good.

It actually made my job a lot more enjoyable and if I ever had to work extra I didn't mind doing some extra work.

But hey that's just me.

Just curious.

So if someone's acting fine and doing their job fine they should be fired from what this test says?

How about if someone acts lazy and doesn't get their job done they should be fired? Stoned or not?

Just curious.

Who cares?

I used to go high a couple times to work when I used to smoke with my co-workers and never had a complaint. Put some eye drops and act "normal" and you're good.

It actually made my job a lot more enjoyable and if I ever had to work extra I didn't mind doing some extra work.

But hey that's just me.

And thank God, that's "just you". I dono't necessarily want people in our food chain, weapons handling, nuclear rectors, etc simply "acting normal"....

I think maijuana is a natural plant placed on this earth by God for many reasons.. just like other herbs, for our benefit. I don't have a problem in legalizing marijuana.. it's the other drugs the Anarchists want legalized I take issue with.

Well That's the million dollar question. It it a weed or a herb?
It it's a weed it's part of the curse from Adam and Eve.

Just curious.

So if someone's acting fine and doing their job fine they should be fired from what this test says?

How about if someone acts lazy and doesn't get their job done they should be fired? Stoned or not?

Yes, and Yes!

Well That's the million dollar question. It it a weed or a herb?
It it's a weed it's part of the curse from Adam and Eve.

Hmmm, good point-

Who cares?

But hey that's just me.

And thank God, that's "just you". I dono't necessarily want people in our food chain, weapons handling, nuclear rectors, etc simply "acting normal"....

Well I worked at a Hockey Rink so I don't see harm in that.

But, I don't think it'd be very fair being high when working in such places which you mentioned above. Well maybe except in a fast food restaurant.

There's the difference.

Yes, and Yes!

"Liberalism is a way of thinking about politics and government. Liberalism sees the personal freedom and equality as one of the highest goods."

Don't call yourself a liberal anymore if you don't care about personal freedoms. Your view towards the Drug War makes you sound like a Palin.

Forum List

Back