Zone1 Is the Shroud of Turin really an image of Jesus Christ?

Carbon dated in 1988 and shown by Picknett and Prince to have been Leonardo fooling everybody .

The image is his .

Christians shouldn't be discouraged from introducing such things as this, in this section of the forum.

And non-believers shouldn't be rude and abusive to them for believing what they believe!

Christians shouldn't be discouraged from introducing such things as this, in this section of the forum.

And non-believers shouldn't be rude and abusive to them for believing what they believe!

When someone says the believe in something, like the Shroud of Turin, a piece of the true cross, or St Peter's finger bones, and they believe in it solely based on faith. I have no problem with that. What someone believes spiritually is a private matter.

However, when someone says, "Science has proved that the Shroud is real, the piece of the true cross is authentic, and St Peter's bones are verified by DNA evidence", they are attempting to cajole people in believing in those things, not based on a faith in their religion, but by using the form, but not the substance, of science.

If you're going to bring science into a debate on faith, prepare to face skepticism and criticism if you're not using science as it was intended.

If you're going to bring science into a debate on faith, prepare to face skepticism and criticism if you're not using science as it was intended.
The debate can still be polite according to the rules. IN fact, it's more effective when the non-believer doesn't stoop to their methods.

Any Christian who does so debating me has learned to regret their bad behaviour. None of them can say they're above personal attacks and profanity, with the possible exception of Meriweather.

He will be watched closely to ensure he remains above it!

0_21_Shroud_turin_face.jpg

I say it is, but I have not kept up with the latest science on the matter.

The image certainly looks like I myself imagine Jesus looks like (subjective, I know)

After years of discussion, the Holy See permitted radiocarbon dating on portions of a swatch taken from a corner of the shroud. Independent tests in 1988 at the University of Oxford, the University of Arizona, and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology concluded with 95% confidence that the shroud material dated to 1260–1390 AD.

It's a fake

But in 1988, scientists carbon-dated the shroud's origins to between A.D. 1260 and 1390, supporting claims that it is merely a hoax

It's a fake

But in 1988, scientists carbon-dated the shroud's origins to between A.D. 1260 and 1390, supporting claims that it is merely a hoax

We also know the Bible was written hundreds of years after Jesus. So the people who supposedly saw Jesus didn’t write about him. Neither did their kids, grandkids, great grandkids, great great grandchildren or great great great grandkids.

Martyrdome

For FUCKS SAKE .
IT IS LEONARDO'S OWN IMAGE .
DYO F R

He loathed Christianity and delighted in making them look stupid .
And you do .

Forum List

Back