Is the Pope Catholic?

Then what makes Matthew, Mark, Luke and John not fairy tales? If I ban a book and destroy all the copies I can, does that automatically make it a fairy tale? We know no more about the writers of the canonical gospels, than we do about the GoMM. Where's the dividing line that separates them?

Check into the Seminary, asshole.

It's clear you need some education. Scratch that - a HELL OF A LOT of education.

Me? You can't even give a basic explanation of your thesis. I don't believe you can. Anyone who so easily dismisses the educational level of others should be able to, instead of running away from it at every opportunity. :lol:

I HAVE proclaimed it and so far haven't seen a reasonable argument against. Isn't that what the board's for? If you've got an alternate argument, give it. All I see is someone afraid to defend the undefendable.

For what, the fifth time now?

There IS indeed a reason why men are priests and not women.

Look it up yourself, or remain stupid.

Your choice asswipe.
What is the reason?

The Gnostic Gospels show us how political the early Church was and how they suppressed the mystical side of Christianity.

It's not a fairy tale, it's an actual text.

The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene

The fairy tales of the Brothers Grimm are also actual texts.

Then what makes Matthew, Mark, Luke and John not fairy tales? If I ban a book and destroy all the copies I can, does that automatically make it a fairy tale? We know no more about the writers of the canonical gospels, than we do about the GoMM. Where's the dividing line that separates them?

The better part of 20 centuries of biblical scholarship.

I HAVE proclaimed it and so far haven't seen a reasonable argument against. Isn't that what the board's for? If you've got an alternate argument, give it. All I see is someone afraid to defend the undefendable.

Your choice asswipe.
What is the reason?

Can't do it on a messageboard Ravi.

There should be a homily on line somewhere if interested.

So, you're equating Matthew, Mark, Luke and John with Hustler and Mein Kampf? They were texts too. :eusa_eh:

No, stupid, I am not.

You are seriously dense.

That's the problem with pulling things out of your ass. You never know what kind of shit you're going to end up with. You can call me dense all you want, but you're the one spouting shit instead of laying out the argument you insist is so simple! :lol:

Your choice asswipe.
What is the reason?

I just read one....basically the answer is "because!" That and something to do with the "fact" that the apostles only ordained men.

The Gnostic Gospels show us how political the early Church was and how they suppressed the mystical side of Christianity.

Yes, keep believing that. Always easier than looking for the truth.

Jesus said, "If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."

The Gospel of Thomas

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/story/pagels.html

The fairy tales of the Brothers Grimm are also actual texts.

LOL!!! 20 centuries!!! The GoMM wasn't discovered until the late 19th century. If your knowledge is so limited, you really should be studying instead of commenting. :cool:

LOL!!! 20 centuries!!! The GoMM wasn't discovered until the late 19th century. If your knowledge is so limited, you really should be studying instead of commenting. :cool:

So you believe that some text that pops up invalidates 20 centuries of scholarship? You really are stupid.

Yes, keep believing that. Always easier than looking for the truth.

Jesus said, "If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."

The Gospel of Thomas

The Story Of The Storytellers - The Gnostic Gospels | From Jesus To Christ | FRONTLINE | PBS

It's a free country. You can post all the nonsense you want.

Hustler magazine has actual text as well.
As does Mein Kampf

So, you're equating Matthew, Mark, Luke and John with Hustler and Mein Kampf? They were texts too. :eusa_eh:

You've got that backwards. YOU are the one claiming that something is credible because it's a text.

I'm actually claiming that its not a fairy tale, but something people read and obviously considered valuable or the attempt wouldn't have been made to save it.

Are Catholics horrifed by this?

Absolutely - pedophiles should be in jail! No doubt. Those who cover it up should be brought to appropriate justice as well.

Who doesn't support that?

Cite a few examples as I can't find any Catholics who oppose this.

Thanks.

I just read one....basically the answer is "because!" That and something to do with the "fact" that the apostles only ordained men.

No - the answer's not "because" :)
Well, it sort of is. The logic applied would be the same logic someone applied to the question, why can't a woman be a man?

You've got that backwards. YOU are the one claiming that something is credible because it's a text.

I'm actually claiming that its not a fairy tale, but something people read and obviously considered valuable or the attempt wouldn't have been made to save it.

Lots of people have read the Protocols of the Elders of Zion too and consider it valuable too. Doesn't make it any less of a forgery.

Forum List

Back