Is the Democrats’ law that responsible people must pay more for mortgages the first step in social credit scores?

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
The Democrats have decided that paying bills late, or otherwise do things that have caused a low social credit score, is a behavior that is worthy of a less expensive mortgage. When you engage in financially rewarding (or punishing) people based on behavior, rather than on risk/benefit analysis, isn’t this the first step in paying people to engage in behavior you want (in this case, being financially irresponsible)?

So what is next? Will people who participate in Democrat-supported causes get extra points that will help them with loans? Will people who sign petitions trying to get a specific Democrat kicked out of Congress be punished at the loan office?

Where will the Democrats’ drive to control people end up?

The Democrats have decided that paying bills late, or otherwise do things that have caused a low social credit score, is a behavior that is worthy of a less expensive mortgage. When you engage in financially rewarding (or punishing) people based on behavior, rather than on risk/benefit analysis, isn’t this the first step in paying people to engage in behavior you want (in this case, being financially irresponsible)?

So what is next? Will people who participate in Democrat-supported causes get extra points that will help them with loans? Will people who sign petitions trying to get a specific Democrat kicked out of Congress be punished at the loan office?

The article is noting more than an opinion.

BY KRISTIN TATE, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR

Kristin Tate is a libertarian writer and an analyst for Young Americans for Liberty.

-----------

Try starting a thread with something factual.

Kristin Tate is a libertarian writer and an analyst for Young Americans for Liberty.

-----------

It's a fact that now people with low credit scores can get a better deal on a mortgage than someone with a higher credit score. That's not an opinion. That has now become reality.

-----------

Most of the threads on the politics forum are opinions, and raise a question for discussion. Obviously, you don’t like the opinion and are attempting to silence me by getting the thread deleted.

It's a fact that now people with low credit scores can get a better deal on a mortgage than someone with a higher credit score. That's not an opinion. That has now become reality.
Excellent point. That is the fact.

The opinion is that we are on our way to social credit scoring. Given that the Dems are rewarding irresponsible behavior with better credit terms, it’s worthy of a discussion.

Last week, PayPal announced a partnership with the left-wing Southern Poverty Law Center to “investigate” the role of “white supremacists” and propagators of “anti-government” rhetoric, subjective labels that potentially could impact a large number of groups or people using their service. PayPal says the collected information will be shared with other financial firms and politicians. Facebook is taking similar measures, recently introducing messages that ask users to snitch on their potentially “extremist” friends, which considering the platform’s bias seems mainly to target the political right. At the same time, Facebook and Microsoft are working with several other web giants and the United Nations on a database to block potential extremist content.

The actions of these major companies may seem logical in an internet riddled with scams and crime. After all, nobody will defend far-right militias or white supremacist groups using these platforms for their odious goals.

I guess the author has never met you Lisa.

😄

My credit score is superb - in the "it's really hard to beat" range.
Same for my wife.

The fact we have to pay higher fees/rates on a mortgage because of it, as a means to make things easier for the less repsonsioble, is absolute horse shi'ite.

Why do Democrats hate responsible people?

Most of the threads on the politics forum are opinions, and raise a question for discussion. Obviously, you don’t like the opinion and are attempting to silence me by getting the thread deleted.
I do not want your thread deleted. They do not get deleted for being opinions.

The Democrats have decided that paying bills late, or otherwise do things that have caused a low social credit score, is a behavior that is worthy of a less expensive mortgage.
There is no social credit score, moron.

A person taking out a $500,000 mortgage will pay an extra $625 in fees under the new policy.

One time.

That's. It.

Your propagandists are spinning out of control.

Excellent point. That is the fact.

The opinion is that we are on our way to social credit scoring. Given that the Dems are rewarding irresponsible behavior with better credit terms, it’s worthy of a discussion.
Horseshit. Total horseshit.

See post 10.

Same for my wife.

The fact we have to pay higher fees/rates on a mortgage because of it, as a means to make things easier for the less repsonsioble, is absolute horse shi'ite.

Do you plan to take out a mortgage any times soon?

The FACT is that people with shitty credit scores (not SOCIAL credit scores like the tard in the OP claimed) will continue to pay the same higher interest rates on their mortgages than someone with a good credit score.

That has NOT changed.

Your propagandists have lied to you AGAIN!

Same for my wife.

You do not have to pay a higher rate on a mortgage. Your propagandists have lied to you AGAIN!

A person taking out a $500,000 mortgage will pay an extra $625 in fees under the new policy.

One time.

That's. It.

Your propagandists are spinning out of control.
So, if this is just such a very small thing, then what is the point of doing it? You remind me of when I was a kid and didn't like onions and my mother would always say, "You won't even taste it" and I would always come back with, "Well, if you can't taste it, then why bother putting them in"?

So, if this is just such a very small thing, then what is the point of doing it? You remind me of when I was a kid and didn't like onions and my mother would always say, "You won't even taste it" and I would always come back with, "Well, if you can't taste it, then why bother putting them in"?
More importantly, what's the point of going back to the same propagandists who lie to you over and over and over and over so they can refill your mouth with more manufactured bullshit?

Scientists will study this one day.

Forum List

Back