Is the Bible clear?

I keep getting told the Bible is clear. I believe the Bible, but I dont think it's clear. Without the Spirit, I dont think its possible to understand what the Bible say

What say you?

You believe the Bible but you don't think it's clear and without the Holy Spirit it's not possible to understand the Bible's message? Am I correct?

Your signature leads me to believe you understand the Bible all too well.

As Jesus said, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment, and the second is like it, you shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets".

It's clear enough for those who are seeking the truth. Also, one can study the Bible as a literary work and find it challenging, provocative, comforting, instructive, indicting, and even a little sexy, Song of Solomon. This list is not exhaustive.

I quote from a text book by Myer Pearlman. "Pilate asked Jesus, "what is truth?". His tone inferred that the search for it was vain and hopeless. If there be no authoritative guide to knowledge about God, man and the world, then Pilate was right.

But there is no need to grope in doubt and skepticism, for there is a Book - "The Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise unto salvation through faith in Jesus the Christ".

"For all scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in being right with God. That the man of God (you) may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." End quote.

Paul speaking to his young Padawan Timothy (2 Timothy chapter 3, New Testament of the Bible)

I hope to have encouraged you.

Regards,

I keep getting told the Bible is clear. I believe the Bible, but I dont think it's clear. Without the Spirit, I dont think its possible to understand what the Bible say

What say you?

You believe the Bible but you don't think it's clear and without the Holy Spirit it's not possible to understand the Bible's message? Am I correct?

As Jesus said, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment, and the second is like it, you shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets".

It's clear enough for those who are seeking the truth. Also, one can study the Bible as a literary work and find it challenging, provocative, comforting, instructive, indicting, and even a little sexy, Song of Solomon. This list is not exhaustive.

I quote from a text book by Myer Pearlman. "Pilate asked Jesus, "what is truth?". His tone inferred that the search for it was vain and hopeless. If there be no authoritative guide to knowledge about God, man and the world, then Pilate was right.

But there is no need to grope in doubt and skepticism, for there is a Book - "The Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise unto salvation through faith in Jesus the Christ".

"For all scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in being right with God. That the man of God (you) may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." End quote.

Paul speaking to his young Padawan Timothy (2 Timothy chapter 3, New Testament of the Bible)

Regards,

There are a lot of people who feel the bible is clear to them but I woudn't accept all of their interpretations. Some parts are quite clear to some and unclear to others. Who has authority to give the correct interpretation, assuming there is only one, is the $64,0000 question.

What say you?

Regards,

There are a lot of people who feel the bible is clear to them but I woudn't accept all of their interpretations. Some parts are quite clear to some and unclear to others. Who has authority to give the correct interpretation, assuming there is only one, is the $64,0000 question.

Easy..........

Go back to the beginning of the Bible, in the first 5 books. It's called the Torah. It was given to the Hebrews (God's Chosen People) on Mt. Sinai, and they've kept it true, as well as have studied it for the past 3,500 years plus.

Now.....just like reading a book series, if you don't understand the first 5 books, you're gonna be lost in the rest.

Get a Rabbi (who is Christian friendly, as some are not), who is willing to teach you what is actually contained therein, as well as gives you the CORRECT interpretation.

Makes reading (and understanding) the rest a LOT easier.

I recommend the internet's Universal Torah Network as a good start. Best ones to start off with are the series on the B'neih Noach.

Regards,

Easy..........

Go back to the beginning of the Bible, in the first 5 books. It's called the Torah. It was given to the Hebrews (God's Chosen People) on Mt. Sinai, and they've kept it true, as well as have studied it for the past 3,500 years plus.

Now.....just like reading a book series, if you don't understand the first 5 books, you're gonna be lost in the rest.

Get a Rabbi (who is Christian friendly, as some are not), who is willing to teach you what is actually contained therein, as well as gives you the CORRECT interpretation.

I recommend the internet's Universal Torah Network as a good start. Best ones to start off with are the series on the B'neih Noach.

I would trust a Moses-like individual's interpretation. A true prophet or Apostle's interpretation would be invaluable. IMO Judaism has strayed from it's roots and therefore has lost the authority from God.

Easy..........

I would trust a Moses-like individual's interpretation. A true prophet or Apostle's interpretation would be invaluable. IMO Judaism has strayed from it's roots and therefore has lost the authority from God.

Explain why you believe that Judaism has lost its authority? And.....you'd better be able to back it up, as I am decently knowledgeable about it.

Like I said dude......go to the Universal Torah Network (google it), and start learning from there.

It's not so much Judaism has lost it's way, it is more that people who interpret Judaism, do so with an eye to saying that they are the ones who are right.

Incidentally, you might wanna look into a book by His Holiness The Dali Lama, called "The Art of Happiness".

You see, it makes sense to me that Judaism has struggled within itself for a long time concerning the coming of the Messiah. I think because of their stubbornness and lack of understanding of the Law of Moses, they did not understand the first coming of the Lamb of God. Therefore they rejected him. Although I believe they will be restored to the priesthood when Christ institutes again among them.

I believe Adam and Abraham, Isaac etc, all looked forward to Christ's coming and it was taught to look forward to his coming from the beginning. The same thing was preached among the Nephites and Lamanites in the ancient Meso American setting. Over time, rebellion corruption and pride led to the downfall of both societies but both will be restored fully very soon.

As for authority, it starts with Christ, and the authority of the priests and pharisees was already compromised during Christ's time in many cases, due to unrighteousness. After Christ endowed his disciples with authority they then posessed it for a time, until they were eventually rejected or killed off and only the followers were left to decipher the teachings of Christ without authority..... this eventually led up to the corrupt Nicean Creed, from which all Christian Churches branched off, except for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

That's my belief

Actually, the solution is a lot easier than you may think..........

Judaism didn't lose it's way, the people at the top did.

Think about it. For many years, those at the top have thought they knew better than the common man. Matter of fact, you can see it all over the place right now. Washington DC, world leaders, etc.....they've lost touch with where they came from, or, they have never had to struggle and make do, so therefore they think that everyone else has it as good as them.

Remember when Bush Jr. didn't realize that gas was over 4 bucks a gallon?

Same thing with the High Priest in ancient Israel. God sent Yeshua down to talk to the High Priest and get them to see where they were wrong. They didn't like what He said, so, they made a deal with Rome to take Him down. Incidentally, the only way that Yeshua could get to the High Priest was to be taken in as a criminal, which is why He told Judas to turn Him in to the authorities. Judas was paid 30 pieces of silver because there was no organized police force at the time, and, the Law stated that if someone acted as a policeman, they were to be paid for their services. 30 pieces of silver.

Same thing happened with the Catholic Church and the Christians by the way. They found out early that if you said that God wanted (whatever), most people would obey. They also found out that if you threaten people with pain, they will do anything to avoid it, as most living things are pleasure seeking things. Pavlov demonstrated that quite nicely incidentally.

Hence........being told you will burn in Hell for eternity. Incidentally, at the time, the worst way that anyone could think of dying was fire. So, they tell you that you're gonna be there for eternity.....burning alive.

Only trouble with that is.......Mankind has a beginning. According to John 3:16, we are all allowed to live forever if we ask. But......eternity means that you've always been there, before, during and after, so......it is impossible for man to be held to anything for eternity.

And remember...........

1/1,000,000,000,000 of 1/1,000,000,000,000 of 1/1,000,000,000,000 of eternity is still eternity.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back