Pretty Stupid Aren't We?

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
First consider this article.

New York City Newborn Found Abandoned in Frigid Temperatures

NEW YORK — A 25-year-old mother has been accused of abandoning her newborn outside a Brooklyn apartment building in near-freezing temperatures.

Police say Maria Solano left the baby boy early Sunday in front of a building near her Bay Ridge home and rang several doorbells before running away.

FOXNews.com - New York City Newborn Found Abandoned in Frigid Temperatures - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

then consider this one
Couple Denied Adoption Because Hubby is 'Too Fat'

A married couple has spoken of its shock after being turned down to adopt on the grounds that one of them is too fat.

Damien and Charlotte Hall approached Leeds City Council in West Yorkshire, England, about adoption after discovering that they were unable to have children of their own

FOXNews.com - Couple Denied Adoption Because Hubby is 'Too Fat' - Nutrition | Physical

No rhyme or reason for doing what we do! :cuckoo:

There are outliers, but generally, the stories are logical and pretty uneventful and unsensational.

Nobody claimed they were "sensational" or otherwise. I was merely pointing out on one hand we are throwing babies out in the cold to die and on the other refusing adoption to those who want children cause they are fat. That's obscene and stupid. Kerry On!

Government run agencies with children in them have a vested interest in preventing to many adoptions. They get paid by the number of kids they care for.

Government run agencies with children in them have a vested interest in preventing to many adoptions. They get paid by the number of kids they care for.

One of the common problems with almost all government organizations. Even those for the poor have the same problem. Also the foster care program. It's stupid that we pay these people more money for caring for them than for helping.

Most Americans don't know how difficult it is to adopt an American Child. The main concern is that the mother may want the child back and a judge will grant her request years after the adoption. It's also, on average, more expensive and takes longer than adopting a child from, say, China. There are also other rules regarding age and race. For example, many States will not allow a white couple to adopt a black child.

Most Americans don't know how difficult it is to adopt an American Child. The main concern is that the mother may want the child back and a judge will grant her request years after the adoption. It's also, on average, more expensive and takes longer than adopting a child from, say, China. There are also other rules regarding age and race. For example, many States will not allow a white couple to adopt a black child.

Which states are those? I have 3 friends who are white who adopted black children here in Indiana. And remember Indiana is/was home of the National Chapter of the KKK.............

I have an Adopted daughter. I've been married for thirty-five years to the same woman. Dunno how she stands it...

I don't care what color your skin is nor should anyone else we are all one shade of tan or the other. Color is only important to the extent it limits the search for the perpetrator of a crime.

Forum List

Back