Is sex a human right?

What rights and obligations arise due to marriage?

Unless altered by an agreement between the respective spouses, state law typically provides that each spouse is responsible to the other for:

"mutual respect and fidelity"

spousal support - providing the necessities of life including food, shelter, clothing and other basic necessities

debts incurred during the marriage (automatic joint responsibility in community property states but separate obligations possible in common law states)

distribution of the marital property - the property that was acquired during the marriage plus any separate property of the respective spouses which has been commingled is owned by both spouses

confidential relationship - there is good faith and fair dealing in all transactions between the spouses
Marriage: your rights and obligation

I think the bottom line is you women need to give it up more to the men who love you

the end

I didn't want to derail the "Cheating' thread so I thought I'd start this one to ask:

Is sex a human right? And I'd like to expand that to include: Can you expect sex from your partner if you are married?

So, whatcha think?
Yes it is a human right and if my husband is physically able to have sex and he won't than we will have problems.

it is not a right....it is a gift.....

True. But the law says that if your spouse denies sex for a year, that gives you the right to be divorced because you have been "constructively abandoned". So in a sense, you have a right to sex with your spouse. The frequency, manner... whole different story.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want to have sex with someone who saw sex as an "obligation". That would have to suck.

Isn't this a bit contradictory? It translates to some as 'sex on demand'. If you don't have consensual sex in a marriage it's called marital rape. What do you folks this of this?:

"A marriage license does not require someone to submit to sexual contact on demand.

Everyone has the right to say "no" to any kind of sexual contact.

Forced sexual contact within a marriage or relationship is no different than if forced by a stranger.

Marital rape is agains the law in Illinois.

Marital rape is a serious crime.

In Illinois, if a person forces his/her spouse to have sexual intercourse without his/her partner's consent, it is sexual assault (rape).

A victim of marital rape has the right to report the crime to the police within 30 days of the assault."

About marital rape

Sorry, but "You have a right to expect your spouse to be willing to have sex with you at least occasionally" in no way equates to "You have the right to force yourself physically upon your spouse". I think the posts about this have made it quite clear that what your right to expect marital relations means is that you can end the marriage if your spouse isn't willing.

Melodramatic much?

I think the bottom line is you women need to give it up more to the men who love you

the end
We'll be your bunny rabbits, but you follow your end of the deal, supply the house, supply the clothes supply the food and supply all material needs....

that's what the contract was about, no?

Seems to me, with women HAVING to work outside of the home because their partner can not support his family on his own means he has failed his end of the contract, no?

:D

Last edited:

the end
We'll be your bunny rabbits, but you follow your end of the deal, supply the house, supply the clothes supply the food and supply all material needs....

Seems to me, with women HAVING to work outside of the home because their partner can not support his family on his own means he has failed his end of the contract, no?

:clap2:

Good point. Seriously, are men only getting married for sex? If so then why are they fighting to protect it when it has clearly no real meaning already?

the end

my wife oesnt work , she is a homemaker and takes care of my son

so BOOYA

the end

Good point. Seriously, are men only getting married for sex? If so then why are they fighting to protect it when it has clearly no real meaning already?

Are you a mental midget? Pretending sex has nothing to do with marriage is idiotic in the extreme. And that is what you are doing.

the end

*checks his calender to see what year it is * :wtf:

the end

my wife oesnt work , she is a homemaker and takes care of my son

so BOOYA

You don't see that as work?

Are you a mental midget? Pretending sex has nothing to do with marriage is idiotic in the extreme. And that is what you are doing.

So then ... marriage has no real meaning aside from legal rights and sex ... then why defend it?

the end

no problem ..... but no spittin it out........

So then ... marriage has no real meaning aside from legal rights and sex ... then why defend it?

So the homosexuals don't swipe it. :lol:

Forum List

Back