Is science the root of all evil?

Science is a good and we must realize that it is also every changing. We must question what science puts out as fact, otherwise we could never evolve our thinking. That is why science is not to be taken as gospel on any subject.

Science is not evil. It can be a tool for evil. There are many tools that can be used for evil. Science itself is no more evil than are guns or drugs or asphalt roads.
Like it or though science has the bigger body count than religion. And even theocracies haven't killed as many as communist regimes.
Actually, the biggest source for all of mans deaths, sickness, misery

Is man!

Funny thing, once humans no longer exist, human suffering is no longer a problem!

I guess we should get rid of all the humans! It leads to world of perfect good!!

Science has given us the technology to make nuclear weapons, two world wars, concentration camps, pollution, sweatshops, and man made disease.

Seems to be the cause of more death and destruction than anything else, much more so than religion. Ancient people lived simple harmonious lives without science and technology; but just like when Adam ate the Forbidden fruit, they got greedy and weren't content with what they had; instead of relying on God's natural laws, they turned to the devil and used his forbidden knowledge to create all of the hardships that are in the world today.

Abolishing the scientific method and institutions entirely and returning to a primitive lifestyle might therefore be the way to right the wrongs in the world; even religious wars never would have been feasible had science not given them the weapons they used to take lives..
I'll reverse the argument, science never has been a reason to go to war. Ideoligy, religious or otherwise have, it's that simple. Mankind has always worked to find better and more efficient tools. Blaming science for the use of those tools for warfare is complety going by the motivation for going to war in the first place. I've seen some of your op's. I'm sorry to say but ppl who are as narrowminded and divisive in their beliefs as you are, are also the ones best capable of committing violence for those beliefs.

Science has given us the technology to make nuclear weapons, two world wars, concentration camps, pollution, sweatshops, and man made disease.

Seems to be the cause of more death and destruction than anything else, much more so than religion. Ancient people lived simple harmonious lives without science and technology; but just like when Adam ate the Forbidden fruit, they got greedy and weren't content with what they had; instead of relying on God's natural laws, they turned to the devil and used his forbidden knowledge to create all of the hardships that are in the world today.

Abolishing the scientific method and institutions entirely and returning to a primitive lifestyle might therefore be the way to right the wrongs in the world; even religious wars never would have been feasible had science not given them the weapons they used to take lives..
I'll reverse the argument, science never has been a reason to go to war. Ideoligy, religious or otherwise have, it's that simple. Mankind has always worked to find better and more efficient tools. Blaming science for the use of those tools for warfare is complety going by the motivation for going to war in the first place. I've seen some of your op's. I'm sorry to say but ppl who are as narrowminded and divisive in their beliefs as you are, are also the ones best capable of committing violence for those beliefs.

Religious fanaticism is a REAL symptom of mental illness. These types of people can lose it and snap at any moment.

In the Garden of Eden man had all he needed, when he sought out the tree of knowledge he brought destruction to the world; therefore science seems to only serve a purpose of undoing the destruction which mankind caused to begin with; if he'd never opened that pandora's box he'd have been better off without it entirely.

Worship of science is essentially worship of Satan; much science today is simply the "witchcraft" of ancient times, an attempt to modify and warp natural order under the belief that man can surpass God.

So why did God, in his infinite wisdom and omniscience, put the Tree in the Garden if Eden in the first place? God knew the outcome and yet still put the Tree there..

God set mankind up for failure.

In the Garden of Eden man had all he needed, when he sought out the tree of knowledge he brought destruction to the world; therefore science seems to only serve a purpose of undoing the destruction which mankind caused to begin with; if he'd never opened that pandora's box he'd have been better off without it entirely.

Worship of science is essentially worship of Satan; much science today is simply the "witchcraft" of ancient times, an attempt to modify and warp natural order under the belief that man can surpass God.

Baloney. If there is a creator and he gave us minds what a waste not to use them. Man is curious, which is why there are so many ancient myths of Gods and Goddesses.

Forum List

Back