Hatred of religion

IndependantAce

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2014
Why is it so trendy today to attack religion? Historically communist regimes and ideologues such as Karl Marx were the biggest adversaries to religion, because they wanted people to have nothing to trust in other than the state. Coincidentally most atheists today are also progressives who look to "science" and government to offer them meaning.

I fear the popularity of attacking religion is being primarily influenced by cultural Marxism and progressivism, and just like the Soviet Union, the end result won't be pretty.

Why is it so trendy today to attack religion? Historically communist regimes and ideologues such as Karl Marx were the biggest adversaries to religion, because they wanted people to have nothing to trust in other than the state. Coincidentally most atheists today are also progressives who look to "science" and government to offer them meaning.

I fear the popularity of attacking religion is being primarily influenced by cultural Marxism and progressivism, and just like the Soviet Union, the end result won't be pretty.
I share your fear. One of the common arguments against religion is that it's an old idea that is worn out, unevolved. Folks mouthing that argument fail to see that they themselves are latching onto old worn out ideas. They seem to think they are more modern about it, that they are choosing to dismiss God and instead choosing the State, but it's really the same old thing.

But, hey you can whine about how evil science is eventhrough in no way has god been proven real or not! I bet you'd bring back stoning people and slavery as they were in the bible as you don't believe in rational thought. That is evil you know!

Why is it so many know nothing about Marx or Marxism and yet use it as a stick for their off the wall assumptions? And trendy? By whose account? Criticism of religion is not hatred. Anyone who drives in America and takes notice of the landscape surely realizes the importance of religions given the number of holy places. Instead of thanks and funny we need a grade sign, the OP gets an F.

Economic Manuscripts: Capital Vol. I - Chapter Ten

http://www.virginialawreview.org/sites/virginialawreview.org/files/Leiter_Book.pdf

Why is it so many know nothing about Marx or Marxism and yet use it as a stick for their off the wall assumptions? And trendy? By whose account? Criticism of religion is not hatred. Anyone who drives in America and takes notice of the landscape surely realizes the importance of religions given the number of holy places. Instead of thanks and funny we need a grade sign, the OP gets an F.

Economic Manuscripts: Capital Vol. I - Chapter Ten

http://www.virginialawreview.org/sites/virginialawreview.org/files/Leiter_Book.pdf
The Soviet Union's goal was to destroy religion and replace it with worship of the state; atheists today such as Dawkins and co are doing the same thing.

Religions have worked diligently to be where they are. It isn't the work of anyone else, much as some might like to think.

Maybe because the bible, the torah and the koran are all huge loads of bs.

I share your fear. One of the common arguments against religion is that it's an old idea that is worn out, unevolved. Folks mouthing that argument fail to see that they themselves are latching onto old worn out ideas. They seem to think they are more modern about it, that they are choosing to dismiss God and instead choosing the State, but it's really the same old thing.

I know plenty of atheists, and I never heard one of them say being old or worn out was the problem they had with religion. What I hear is that they have never seen a logical or rational reason to believe in any religion. It has nothing to do with the state or anything else. You really should actually talk to an atheist to find out what they think instead of just mouthing words you heard from others who never talk to atheists either.

Why is it so trendy today to attack religion?
There are people who attack and mock anything they can because it somehow makes them feel a bit better about themselves.

Surely religion has done plenty to earn honest criticism, but these people take it much further by mocking decent people who are sincere in their faith.

When person A attacks and mocks and insults person B, I'm far more likely to wonder about person A.

Thank you Jesus that liberals reject them and have killed 50 million and counting liberals since 1973 :)

I think it's trendy to attack religion because you guys try to use it to impose your beliefs on the rest of us.

Not the nice beliefs like "Treat people the way you'd want to be treated" and "take care of the poor", because even though Jesus said that, it's not like you nuts follow that. You can't wait to snatch a hot lunch from a hungry child to give a tax break to a billionaire.

Nope, you guys want the parts of the religion Jesus never talked about, like "don't do the gay sex" and "don't do the abortion" and whatever other sexual hangups you have.

So, um, yeah, if you guys are going to insist on making laws based on your Big Book of Bronze Age Fairy Tales, I think it's perfectly acceptable to actually question what is in that book.

18942942.jpg

It's Pack Mentality and Turf Wars.
If it isn't targeting race or religion, it's party affiliation or class.

With blacks the slave owners kept them divided and fighting
as "field slaves" vs. "house slaves" that had privileges from the Masters.
They could never unite and liberate themselves as long as they were infighting
keeping the owners in control.

Today it's EVERYONE divided as rich blaming poor for welfare or poor blaming rich for corporate welfare, so we cannot unite around solutions that would solve the problems blamed on each other. If the taxpayers united, in actually CORRECTING the wrongs we protest left and right, we might hold wrongdoers accountable for paying back the cost to us, but as long as we don't, the corporate interests continue to get away with abuses at our expense.

This projected blame back and forth
hypes up votes, elections, and money to fund massive campaigns.
And all that goes to the media who sell the ad time to both sides.
And corporate interests profit no matter who's in office as long as they keep paying each other
to run the game where they benefit and taxpayers get stuck with the bill and debts.

In other countries, where political division is blamed on either religious or political denomination
it's still about about affiliation by group and class and control over turf.

Thank you Jesus that liberals reject them and have killed 50 million and counting liberals since 1973

What do you think women did about unwanted pregnancies before 1973?

Here, let me give you a hint.

79_fig1.jpg

Please not while there was a big drop in the 1960's when birth control became commercially available, it did NOT drop in 1973 after Roe v. Wade legalized abortion. (Actually, it just threw out laws no one was actually following at that point.)

There are people who attack and mock anything they can because it somehow makes them feel a bit better about themselves.

Surely religion has done plenty to earn honest criticism, but these people take it much further by mocking decent people who are sincere in their faith.

When person A attacks and mocks and insults person B, I'm far more likely to wonder about person A.

No, guy, some of mock religion because it is mean and stupid.

Period.

Here's the thing. Most "Atheists" started out as religious people. I was brought up as a very strict Catholic, went to Catholic Schools for 12 years. And I started to suspect these Nuns and Priests were full of shit when in fifth grade, a nun told me God had to drown every baby in the World because they were "wicked".

I concluded it was bullshit when another nun I knew growing up said that God had a good reason for my mother to die of cancer after suffering from it for a year.

So now, I really do not give a fuck how "sincere" you are in your beliefs. It just tells me you haven't spent a lot of time thinking about the inherent illogic of it.

As a non-religious person, I agree.

Thank you Jesus that liberals reject them and have killed 50 million and counting liberals since 1973 :)

So thanking Jesus for 50 million deaths is a Christian thing?

Btw, when you get to hell, remember, don't pass Adolf the salt.

No, guy, some of mock religion because it is mean and stupid.

Period.

Here's the thing. Most "Atheists" started out as religious people. I was brought up as a very strict Catholic, went to Catholic Schools for 12 years. And I started to suspect these Nuns and Priests were full of shit when in fifth grade, a nun told me God had to drown every baby in the World because they were "wicked".

I concluded it was bullshit when another nun I knew growing up said that God had a good reason for my mother to die of cancer after suffering from it for a year.

So now, I really do not give a fuck how "sincere" you are in your beliefs. It just tells me you haven't spent a lot of time thinking about the inherent illogic of it.
As opposed to the logic of what?

atheism_beliefs_2.jpg

I am sorry but giving up on curing diseases, science and being a fucking illogical idiot is a good reason to hate something. Religion taken to its extreme is bad for humanity.

Anything taken to it's extreme is bad.

Focusing on the extreme and judging the whole by that, is irrational.

Forum List

Back