Is Romny a real conservative?

JoeB, you just wrote the stupidest post of all of your almost 2300 postings. Idiotic.

I think not but the right will vote for him anyway.
Party first!

No, the economy first. You want the midddle class back.....vote for Romney. He will create jobs. He has the experience, and the wisdom, from his experiences, both positive and negative.

Do you actually believe all of that?

I do not see how you can view republicans as the party of the middle class?

And Romney will not be running things, he will be merely a figurehead like the rest for a few decades.

The wannabee far right "conservatives" don't get it.

You keep leaning on this line, but it's not accurate. The most adamant opposition to Romney comes from the limited-government, anti-bankster, libertarian wing of the Republican party - and they are anything but 'far right'.

With regard to the one-dimensional left/right mapping, libertarians are "centrists", much as you are. But there's another dimension to consider:

nolanchart.gif

Whereas you are an authoritarian centrist, favoring strong central authority over our lives, libertarians are diametrically opposed, preferring minimal interference from government. Anyway, I think we've been over this before, but you keep lumping all objection to Romney in with your 'far-right extremist' meme and that's not really what's going on.

Last edited:
Party first!
Romney will be "a real conservative" until he secures the Republican nomination and then he will become a moderate if he expects to be competitive in the General Election.

Party first!

No, the economy first. You want the midddle class back.....vote for Romney. He will create jobs. He has the experience, and the wisdom, from his experiences, both positive and negative.

How do you even get to this statement?

Romney didn't "create jobs", he created profits for his investors.

It isn't the same thing.

In fact, in many cases, he destroyed jobs by loading up weak companies with unsustainable debt and then paying his investors out of the money borrowed. (AmPad, GS Steel, DDi).

If you want an example of how the Middle Class has declined because of people like Romney, when they acquired AmPad, they fired everyone at the Marion plant, then rehired half of them at lower salaries before the loading the company up with debt.

Romney is good at manipulating the system, not producing jobs.

Evenhe's not making that claim anymore, when people found his job creation claims to be bogus.

Proven job killers like Romney do not fix economies they destroy them like the republicans did this time again. Romney is good at out sourcing jobs, evading taxes and he is a hypocrite when it comes to doing things he says Obama should do. Romney flip flops like a fish on dry land.

Romney has no idea what work is and has never had any military experience because he run like a coward to Europe when the fighting starts.

The only thing Romney could teach you is how to hide your money from the tax man.

The wannabee far right "conservatives" don't get it.

You keep leaning on this line, but it's not accurate. The most adamant opposition to Romney comes from the limited-government, anti-bankster, libertarian wing of the Republican party - and they are anything but 'far right'.

With regard to the one-dimensional left/right mapping, libertarians are "centrists", much as you are. But there's another dimension to consider:

nolanchart.gif

Whereas you are an authoritarian centrist, favoring strong central authority over our lives, libertarians are diametrically opposed, preferring minimal interference from government. Anyway, I think we've been over this before, but you keep lumping all objection to Romney in with your 'far-right extremist' meme and that's not really what's going on.

Libertarianism is extremist, regardless of what such want to think. I am government-oriented only in the sense that modern technology, communications, and transportation puts all of us in each others' pocket. Yes, that is really what is going on.

Libertarianism is extremist, regardless of what such want to think.

Nonsense. Libertarianism runs a gamut, there are moderate libertarians and extreme libertarians - just like there are moderate and extreme conservatives and liberals. The point is they're not 'far-right' which is what you're selling.

Many who say they are libertarians are just embressed Republicans and will vote republican every time.

Nonsense. Libertarianism runs a gamut, there are moderate libertarians and extreme libertarians - just like there are moderate and extreme conservatives and liberals. The point is they're not 'far-right' which is what you're selling.

There is no such thing as moderate libertarianism. Wack is wack. Just like communism.

There is no such thing as moderate libertarianism. Wack is wack. Just like communism.

Good answer, good answer.

Nah, I am being irky. I am very distrustful of a system that relies on human nature to do "good" without the threat of being punished for doing "wrong". And that is of course the problem and the strength of government. I trust We the People far more than I do individuals, dblack.

Nah, I am being irky. I am very distrustful of a system that relies on human nature to do "good" without the threat of being punished for doing "wrong". And that is of course the problem and the strength of government. I trust We the People far more than I do individuals, dblack.

There is a difference between laws punishing people for doing wrong and punishing them for not following orders. That is the distinction between libertarian and authoritarian. Libertarians aren't anarchists. We believe the government is there to prevent bullying and make it possible for us to live together peacefully - even in the face of malicious actors. But it's not the place of the government to tell us how to live if our actions aren't harming others.

There is a difference between laws punishing people for doing wrong and punishing them for not following orders. That is the distinction between libertarian and authoritarian. Libertarians aren't anarchists. We believe the government is there to prevent bullying and make it possible for us to live together peacefully - even in the face of malicious actors. But it's not the place of the government to tell us how to live if our actions aren't harming others.

I wonder if you are libertarian, then.

I wonder if you are libertarian, then.

Good to hear. Wondering is good for the intellect. It'll keep you young. ;)

Forum List

Back