Is Obamacare "Unconstitutional"?

cblackink

Rookie
Apr 2, 2012
Dan Weber, founder and president of the Association of Mature American Citizens [AMAC], says that “Obamacare may collapse under its own weight when the Supreme Court takes up the constitutionality of several key components. But, meantime we must continue to hold the feet of the GOP primary candidates to the fire to ensure its repeal once the president is out of office next year.”

It’s been two years since President Obama “foisted his healthcare law on us and the smell of it has only gotten worse with the passage of time. Nancy Pelosi was right when she called on her fellow Democrats in Congress to pass the law before anybody could find out what it contained.”

Now the Congressional Budget Office tells us that, oops, Obamacare is going to cost you, the taxpayer, twice as much as was originally projected, according to Weber.

“The law is full of dirty, little secrets,” he said, pointing to a recent analysis of the law by Philip Klein of the Washington Examiner showing that Obamacare is not living up to its promises in a number of other ways.

For example, President Obama and Ms. Pelosi said at the time that “if you like your insurance plan, you could keep it.” But, it turns out, private employers are dropping their employee health insurance plans and giving them a little extra in their paychecks so they can go out and find their own insurance coverage, Weber explained.

Klein also points out in his analysis that “some 4 million fewer people will obtain insurance through employers or through the insurance exchanges promoted by the healthcare law by 2016 than estimated a year ago. That’s because companies will drop their insurance and just pay the fine. To put it simply, it is cheaper for the companies to pay the fine, expected to be $2,000, than pay the $6k-$12K they pay each year per employee.”

Dan Weber, founder and president of the Association of Mature American Citizens [AMAC], says that “Obamacare may collapse under its own weight when the Supreme Court takes up the constitutionality of several key components. But, meantime we must continue to hold the feet of the GOP primary candidates to the fire to ensure its repeal once the president is out of office next year.”

It’s been two years since President Obama “foisted his healthcare law on us and the smell of it has only gotten worse with the passage of time. Nancy Pelosi was right when she called on her fellow Democrats in Congress to pass the law before anybody could find out what it contained.”

Now the Congressional Budget Office tells us that, oops, Obamacare is going to cost you, the taxpayer, twice as much as was originally projected, according to Weber.

“The law is full of dirty, little secrets,” he said, pointing to a recent analysis of the law by Philip Klein of the Washington Examiner showing that Obamacare is not living up to its promises in a number of other ways.

For example, President Obama and Ms. Pelosi said at the time that “if you like your insurance plan, you could keep it.” But, it turns out, private employers are dropping their employee health insurance plans and giving them a little extra in their paychecks so they can go out and find their own insurance coverage, Weber explained.

Klein also points out in his analysis that “some 4 million fewer people will obtain insurance through employers or through the insurance exchanges promoted by the healthcare law by 2016 than estimated a year ago. That’s because companies will drop their insurance and just pay the fine. To put it simply, it is cheaper for the companies to pay the fine, expected to be $2,000, than pay the $6k-$12K they pay each year per employee.”

The individual mandate is unconstitutional
The aspects that were forcing religious people to provide services that go against the tennants of their religion were unconstitutional.

In our system the legislature writes the laws and the judiciary decides if said laws are constitutional or not. If the judiciary finds something unconstitutional within a law they throw the law out and the legislature must re-write it.

I believe Obama is really scared of what's going to happen....now he thinks he needs to WARN the SCOTUS to not strike down his health care plan! He's WARNING the court! What in hell is he thinking?

If it does get struck down, it'll be another first for this weasel of a president (right along side the credit downgrade he gave us!).

Obama Warns 'unelected' Supreme Court Against Striking Down Health Law | Fox News

What is he planning to make his threat? Disband the court, remove all the justices that didn't agree with him? Declare the Supreme Court in a state of rebellion?

He'll threaten to pack the court like FDR, either that or he'll Tweet Scalia's home address

He'll threaten to pack the court like FDR, either that or he'll Tweet Scalia's home address

That would not surprise me in the slightest. obama publishing the home addresses of the Justices and asking the public to make their displeasure known is something he is absolutely capable of doing.

if they follow the constitution its a Titanic. right Nancy???

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoE1R-xH5To]Pelosi: we have to pass the health care bill so that you can find out what is in it - YouTube[/ame]

I'm still trying to figure this one out. If as an employer, I currently pay $6k-$12k to provide insurance to each of my employees, why would I all of a sudden drop that benefit as soon as I would face a fine of $2k? Why would I not drop the insurance now when there is no fine? Why should I provide health insurance to my employees in the first place? There is no requirement that I do so, so why do it? If you think about it, it just doesn't make sense. If I provide insurance now with no threat of a fine, then I have other reasons for providing the insurance, so the fine would not be a reason to provide or not provide the insurance.

I believe Obama is really scared of what's going to happen....now he thinks he needs to WARN the SCOTUS to not strike down his health care plan! He's WARNING the court! What in hell is he thinking?

If it does get struck down, it'll be another first for this weasel of a president (right along side the credit downgrade he gave us!).

Obama Warns 'unelected' Supreme Court Against Striking Down Health Law | Fox News

Yes, Obama was the one responsible for the credit downgrade. Keep drinking that Koolaid; it's doing wonders for your intellectual thought processes.

Yes, Obama was the one responsible for the credit downgrade. Keep drinking that Koolaid; it's doing wonders for your intellectual thought processes.

Dems =Trillion plus deficits and no budget, so clearly the Tea Party got us downgraded

Obama's economic policy agenda is responsible for the credit downgrade (borrowing record amounts of money, adding record amounts of debt that have already exceeded that dolt bush's 8 years).

If I provide insurance now with no threat of a fine, then I have other reasons for providing the insurance, so the fine would not be a reason to provide or not provide the insurance.

too stupid!!!

1) employers have said they will drop insurance for employees

2) they don't do it now because they feel moral responsibility but when they can easily dump them on idiotic liberal government they will.

If I provide insurance now with no threat of a fine, then I have other reasons for providing the insurance, so the fine would not be a reason to provide or not provide the insurance.

too stupid!!!

1) employers have said they will drop insurance for employees

2) they don't do it now because they feel moral responsibility but when they can easily dump them on idiotic liberal government they will.

So what you are saying is that they would prefer that the government handle healthcare so that they don't have to. But seriously, I am to believe that businesses provide health insurance because of some moral compass, but they will lose that moral compass if there is another option? But I thought all these business owners are against government healthcare coverage. Now you are telling me they are for it. If all businesses drop their coverage, then they obviously would prefer a one-payer system.

give him an inch and he wants a yard ...well you know the rest !!

What one of obama's former students think.

Former Obama Law Student Speaks Out... - Thom Lambert - Fox Nation

Imagine if you picked up your morning paper to read that one of your astronomy professors had publicly questioned whether the earth, in fact, revolves around the sun. Or suppose that one of your economics professors was quoted as saying that consumers would purchase more gasoline if the price would simply rise. Or maybe your high school math teacher was publicly insisting that 2 + 2 = 5. You’d be a little embarrassed, right? You’d worry that your colleagues and friends might begin to question your astronomical, economic, or mathematical literacy.

Now you know how I felt this morning when I read in the Wall Street Journal that my own constitutional law professor had stated that it would be “an unprecedented, extraordinary step” for the Supreme Court to “overturn[] a law [i.e., the Affordable Care Act] that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress

Maybe obama is just losing it. Pressure, delusions of dictatorship, cocaine, he's just losing it.

Is Obamacare "Unconstitutional"?

Of course! Nothing remotely like it is suggested or implied by the Constitution. If the subversive liberals can take over health care they can take over every industry. They belong in Cuba, not here

Forum List

Back