Is Obamacare "Unconstitutional"?

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by cblackink, Apr 2, 2012.

1. cblackink

cblackink Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Dan Weber, founder and president of the Association of Mature American Citizens [AMAC], says that “Obamacare may collapse under its own weight when the Supreme Court takes up the constitutionality of several key components. But, meantime we must continue to hold the feet of the GOP primary candidates to the fire to ensure its repeal once the president is out of office next year.”

It’s been two years since President Obama “foisted his healthcare law on us and the smell of it has only gotten worse with the passage of time. Nancy Pelosi was right when she called on her fellow Democrats in Congress to pass the law before anybody could find out what it contained.”

Now the Congressional Budget Office tells us that, oops, Obamacare is going to cost you, the taxpayer, twice as much as was originally projected, according to Weber.

“The law is full of dirty, little secrets,” he said, pointing to a recent analysis of the law by Philip Klein of the Washington Examiner showing that Obamacare is not living up to its promises in a number of other ways.

For example, President Obama and Ms. Pelosi said at the time that “if you like your insurance plan, you could keep it.” But, it turns out, private employers are dropping their employee health insurance plans and giving them a little extra in their paychecks so they can go out and find their own insurance coverage, Weber explained.

Klein also points out in his analysis that “some 4 million fewer people will obtain insurance through employers or through the insurance exchanges promoted by the healthcare law by 2016 than estimated a year ago. That’s because companies will drop their insurance and just pay the fine. To put it simply, it is cheaper for the companies to pay the fine, expected to be $2,000, than pay the $6k-$12K they pay each year per employee.”

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Caroljo

Caroljo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,337
  3. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    The individual mandate is unconstitutional
    The aspects that were forcing religious people to provide services that go against the tennants of their religion were unconstitutional.

In our system the legislature writes the laws and the judiciary decides if said laws are constitutional or not. If the judiciary finds something unconstitutional within a law they throw the law out and the legislature must re-write it.

4. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    What is he planning to make his threat? Disband the court, remove all the justices that didn't agree with him? Declare the Supreme Court in a state of rebellion?

5. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    you people are in for some big surprizes

6. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,909
    He'll threaten to pack the court like FDR, either that or he'll Tweet Scalia's home address

7. Caroljo

Caroljo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    Nothing Obama does now surprises me....i wouldn't put anything past him.

8. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    That would not surprise me in the slightest. obama publishing the home addresses of the Justices and asking the public to make their displeasure known is something he is absolutely capable of doing.

9. namvet

namvet Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    if they follow the constitution its a Titanic. right Nancy???

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoE1R-xH5To]Pelosi: we have to pass the health care bill so that you can find out what is in it - YouTube[/ame]

10. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    I'm still trying to figure this one out. If as an employer, I currently pay $6k-$12k to provide insurance to each of my employees, why would I all of a sudden drop that benefit as soon as I would face a fine of $2k? Why would I not drop the insurance now when there is no fine? Why should I provide health insurance to my employees in the first place? There is no requirement that I do so, so why do it? If you think about it, it just doesn't make sense. If I provide insurance now with no threat of a fine, then I have other reasons for providing the insurance, so the fine would not be a reason to provide or not provide the insurance.