Is Liberalism a Religion?

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
It just seems that to disagree with Obama and his policies is blasphemy for Liberals/Democrats.

I wonder that liberalism has replaced religion for many Democrats...

Huh?

People who support any president while in office will always defend their position. Not sure why you think "liberals" are any different. And I use the quotation marks because many people (conservatives especially) have a tendancy to stereotype and categorize a huge range of people into one category as if they are all the same.

And the basic liberal ideal is that we should all be free to practice our own spirituality or religion and not impose it upon others. THAT was the foundation of our nation.

It just seems that to disagree with Obama and his policies is blasphemy for Liberals/Democrats.

This is STRAIGHT out of the Limbaugh transcripts!

Don't you have anything original to say?

You've been reading the," Limbaugh transcripts!" isn't that blasphemy?

Nope .. nothing original today...:lol:

Huh?

People who support any president while in office will always defend their position. Not sure why you think "liberals" are any different. And I use the quotation marks because many people (conservatives especially) have a tendancy to stereotype and categorize a huge range of people into one category as if they are all the same.

And the basic liberal ideal is that we should all be free to practice our own spirituality or religion and not impose it upon others. THAT was the foundation of our nation.

Then why to liberals try constantly to silence religious expression they do not subscribe to?

Huh?

Then why to liberals try constantly to silence religious expression they do not subscribe to?

Okay then.. that was a good point..

Huh?

They don't, you know such an all-encompassing statement is bull.

I only see churches closing due to lack of funds to operate it.

huh?

People who support any president while in office will always defend their position. Not sure why you think "liberals" are any different. And i use the quotation marks because many people (conservatives especially) have a tendancy to stereotype and categorize a huge range of people into one category as if they are all the same.

And the basic liberal ideal is that we should all be free to practice our own spirituality or religion and not impose it upon others. That was the foundation of our nation.

then why to liberals try constantly to silence religious expression they do not subscribe to?

they don't, you know such an all-encompassing statement is bull.

i only see churches closing due to lack of funds to operate it.

mmm.. sounds strangely all-encompassing..

then why to liberals try constantly to silence religious expression they do not subscribe to?

they don't, you know such an all-encompassing statement is bull.

i only see churches closing due to lack of funds to operate it.

mmm.. sounds strangely all-encompassing..

I'm telling you that's all I see, it's called honesty.

If you have examples of churches being closed through pressure of the Atheist crowd than please enlighten me.

:thup:

This is potentially an interesting notion because it talks about the relationship of people to beliefs.

Can you explain what you mean?

Are you suggesting that liberals take obama's policies on faith, and that they exist under him like blind sheep who do not question his Word.

Are you saying that they, like other religious subjects, cannot be persuaded by empirical evidence? -that they have created a quasi-Biblical cocoon of dated stories and single-entandra morals in place of dynamic learning and self-chosen values?

Given your thesis, I'm assuming you've taken courses in religion and psychology, so you can explain to us what the psychology of religious belief is in this instance. I'm guessing, like for Christians beneath an implacable God who they do not question, Obama'nites are blindly following dear leader. And their belief is more like a crutch, or a sign of arrested development whereby they cannot face the void of a barren cosmos - so they invent an all powerful Father Figure to protect them from the void. Indeed, rather than taking responsibility for their own actions and creating their own rules by which to live, they submit to God or Obama or [fill in the blank].

Are you are saying that Obamanites are no better than Christians or children who blindly obey what they mistakenly think is an all-powerful force - but is in fact a cruel joke representing their inability to think for themselves? Are you - in effect - saying that Obamanites are repeating the mistakes of Christians? Are you calling them weak children, scared sheep and stupid simpletons?

Last edited:

This is potentially an interesting notion because it talks about the relationship of people to beliefs.

Can you explain what you mean?

Are you suggesting that liberals take obama's policies on faith, and that they exist under him like blind sheep who do not question his Word - and they, like other many religious people, cannot be persuaded by empirical evidence?

Given your thesis, I'm assuming you've taken courses in religion and psychology, so you can explain to us what the psychology of religious belief is here. I'm guessing, like for Christians beneath an implacable God whose will they do not question and cannot understand, Obama'nites are blindly following dear leader. And their belief is more like a crutch, or a sign of arrested development whereby they cannot face the void of a barren cosmos - so they invent an all powerful Father Figure to control their lives with an inviolable list of commandments. Indeed, rather than taking responsibility for their own actions and creating their own rules by which to live, they submit to God or Obama or [fill in the blank] that Christians/Liberal/Muslim sheeple submit to.

I'm just instigating discussion on the subject....yours are interesting..

Forum List

Back