Is Liberalism a Religion?

Republicans have much more discipline in their party than Democrats. The party comes first in their eyes and they are more apt to obey its dictates than Democrats obey their party, and it does keep out the riff-raff. For example, Republicans insist their Congressmen sign pledges to the party first rather than rely on a simple oath to the nation. As Will rogers once said, "I don't belong to any organized political party, I'm a Democrat."

You don't think there's a rift between the TPers and the establishment GOP? Or between the fiscal and social conservatives, with their differing priorities?

Republicans have much more discipline in their party than Democrats. The party comes first in their eyes and they are more apt to obey its dictates than Democrats obey their party, and it does keep out the riff-raff. For example, Republicans insist their Congressmen sign pledges to the party first rather than rely on a simple oath to the nation. As Will rogers once said, "I don't belong to any organized political party, I'm a Democrat."

You don't think there's a rift between the TPers and the establishment GOP? Or between the fiscal and social conservatives, with their differing priorities?

Right on. The Republican 'Blue-Blood' elites are too quick to gladhand the Statist left...they LOATHE the TEA Party folks that want to get back to what Republicans should stand for...The Founders and first principles.

It most certainly is a terminal illness.

Just look overseas for proof.

oh shut up gramps, Its no more a mental illness than a religion. Saying its a mental illness just makes you look stupid and partisan.

Now do Religion and political affiliation follow similar concepts? yes, and thats why the idea takes root as plausible. People who blindly follow something because nothing will pop their faith bubble.

Slow down. I clearly wrote terminal not mental. And it is terminal if you look at the net results of its implimentation around the globe.

Go chainsaw someone and calm down.

I mean technically, life could be considered a terminal illness.

It always leads to death.

Right on. The Republican 'Blue-Blood' elites are too quick to gladhand the Statist left...they LOATHE the TEA Party folks that want to get back to what Republicans should stand for...The Founders and first principles.

Doesn't matter right now, we need to get rid of Obama. Hopefully there will be enough conservatives elected to congress to help push Romney further to the right

Doesn't matter right now, we need to get rid of Obama. Hopefully there will be enough conservatives elected to congress to help push Romney further to the right
Priority one...understood.

Forum List

Back