Zone1 Is it time to stop capital punishment ?

Truly my biggest complaint is how people who deserve punishment are not punished.
Seriously. Many criminals don't fear prison at all. 3 squares a day, warm in winter A/C in summer, free gym, play cards, watch TV, hangout with friends, play basketball...
I am for returning prison back to work gangs and sweat houses.
Make prisons a deterrent, not a place to hangout for awhile.

No. Not at all. If anything it needs to be increased. Our system allows such a high recidivism rate thst obviously our attempts to reeducate prisoners isn’t working. We need to rid society of these parasites permanently. Life w/o parole is too expensive. Streamline the death penalty. Utilize it for ALL felons. Problems greatly reduced.

Untrue.

Only 23 States which have abolished the death penalty...

1671381653008.png

Look at the actual number of executions in white

Some of the detail in the report is horrific.

Not least the number of innocent people who continue to be found guilty and the large number of people with mentaal health issues.

The system has been proven to be flawed and should now be consigned to history.Is there a moral reason why it is still retained ?
Long past time in my view.

But I think even supporters would agree that it's long past time to change the system if we are going to have it.

Some of the detail in the report is horrific.

Not least the number of innocent people who continue to be found guilty and the large number of people with mentaal health issues.

The system has been proven to be flawed and should now be consigned to history.Is there a moral reason why it is still retained
Call Dirty Harry

But I think even supporters would agree that it's long past time to change the system if we are going to have it.
Definitely time to change it. Execution should be the ONLY punishment for ALL Felonies. Two appeals only… State Supreme Court, US Supreme Court. Cannot take more than 6 months. After appeals fail, convict executed by rifle shot (1 – .50 BMG to the head) within 48 hours.

You would be killing many innocent people. That cannot be right. You would also be denying people access to appeal. That is illegal. I dont think you have thought this through.
You’re the one who hadn’t thought it through. In this day and age there’s DNA, some crimes have been actually caught on Video, evidence found such as the deceased belongings, etc etc I’m not talking about “ eyewitness “ testimony.

Definitely time to change it. Execution should be the ONLY punishment for ALL Felonies. Two appeals only… State Supreme Court, US Supreme Court. Cannot take more than 6 months. After appeals fail, convict executed by rifle shot (1 – .50 BMG to the head) within 48 hours.
Don’t understand why anyone would be against the death penalty

You’re the one who hadn’t thought it through. In this day and age there’s DNA, some crimes have been actually caught on Video, evidence found such as the deceased belongings, etc etc I’m not talking about “ eyewitness “ testimony.
And still we have mistrials.

Get rid of lethal injection, for some reason they can't seem to get it right. Firing squad 5 shooters, one with blanks. We often end up paying millions of dollars per death row inmate, if they did something bad enough to end up on death row, firing squad.
Inserting a canula can require special skills and if the excutioner does it infrequently then they will always struggle.

Jesus is speaking to us Bob. Thou shalt not kil [sic], Vengeance is mine., Which do you disagree with ?

I disagree with a Godless piece of shit presuming to speak for Jesus.

“The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
An evil soul producing holy witness
Is like a villain with a smiling cheek,
A goodly apple rotten at the heart.
O, what a goodly outside falsehood hath!”

― William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

It should only be used in extreme cases…

Mass murder, selling nuclear codes and voting for either political party…

All the rest who should be sent to death row should be forced into hard labor or be used as lab rats instead…

( The political party one was or is tongue and cheek… or is it? )
That was funny, sans the disclaimer.

I disagree with a Godless piece of shit presuming to speak for Jesus.

“The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
An evil soul producing holy witness
Is like a villain with a smiling cheek,
A goodly apple rotten at the heart.
O, what a goodly outside falsehood hath!”
― William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice
I am glad that you agreee with me. The message is very clear.

i have no problem with the death penalty for certain crimes. what i have a problem with, are the years of appeals that allow evil people to keep breathing.

Forum List

Back