Zone1 Would You Make A Relative Change Your Baby's Diaper?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
She was the only one around to do it. She lives in the house and should have some responsibility.
An 18 year old should be responsible enough to change a diaper. To force a baby to sit in a soiled diaper because you consider it “yucky” is irresponsible

Too many "opinions" in the pie. "He said this" and "she did that". In fact, there are so many conflicting opinions that you don't even know what is being debated:

1). Being asked to change the child?
2). Demanding it be done?
3). Refusing to do it?
4). Being told off for not doing it?
5). Not being qualified to do it?
6). .......................

Last edited:
The brother took in his sister and her 18 year old daughter because they were having financial problems after a divorce

To expect an 18 year old to take on some chores and help out in an emergency is not asking too much.

Glad they kicked out his ungrateful sister and worthless daughter

Just another version of the 'copout from responsibility and away from the demands of society. Not unlike the copout of the homeless millions on the streets in some ways, in disregarding the needs of the baby.

The brother took in his sister and her 18 year old daughter because they were having financial problems.

To expect an 18 year old to take on some chores and help out in an emergency is not asking too much.

I would ask her and her mother to find other accommodations
I agree with you (naturally) but you must take into consideration how competent the girl is and if she was prepared to do such a chore. Who was the person who left her alone with the baby? That is to say, the responsible adult who left the house last? Was the girl told that she would be responsible to that extent until xxx O'Clock?

Just another version of the 'copout from responsibility and away from the demands of society. Not unlike the copout of the homeless millions on the streets in some ways, in disregarding the needs of the baby.
I have fathered 4 children so I know how to change infants ..... as long as I know where everything is. But if I come to visit you and you have to dash out quickly you'll have to mention the baby change and tell me where all the things are and if there is anything particular that needs to be done. You can't just run out and expect me to know what I'm supposed to do.

I have fathered 4 children so I know how to change infants ..... as long as I know where everything is. But if I come to visit you and you have to dash out quickly you'll have to mention the baby change and tell me where all the things are and if there is anything particular that needs to be done. You can't just run out and expect me to know what I'm supposed to do.

This girl wasn't a visitor though and she had been living there for a lengthy period of time. She should be known what to do.

I agree with you (naturally) but you must take into consideration how competent the girl is and if she was prepared to do such a chore. Who was the person who left her alone with the baby? That is to say, the responsible adult who left the house last? Was the girl told that she would be responsible to that extent until xxx O'Clock?

You don’t always anticipate emergencies
Asking an 18 year old to help out in an emergency is not excessive. She should have at least tried
Changing a diaper on a 9 month old is not hard.

I can see where the mother of the baby asked them to leave

She doesn’t have to be an expert on changing a diaper. Take off the dirty diaper, clean up the baby, put on a new one

She wouldn’t even try

There needs to be some family responsibility….not, I need to go out with my friends

You don’t always anticipate emergencies
Asking an 18 year old to help out in an emergency is not excessive. She should have at least tried
Changing a diaper on a 9 month old is not hard.

I can see where the mother of the baby asked them to leave
You are taking much too much for granted and you are being unfair. I have a pacemaker so should I know all there is to know about it? If I'm in town and someone keels over with a heart attack do you think I'll know how to administer a heart ponding maneuver or how to use one of those defibrillators that we have placed at so many places in town? Yes, the instructions are on the thing but can I read it fast enough, and will I do it right?

Nappies: pins? adhesives? too right? too loose? dry first? powder? There are several things to consider and if you have a child you should know that the first few times are uncertain.

I can see if the father was watching TV, drinking beer while the 18 year old was doing homework

But he was in a business meeting, he needed someone to help him out.

To the spoiled 18 year old, going out with her friends was more important than helping out your family

She doesn’t have to be an expert on changing a diaper. Take off the dirty diaper, clean up the baby, put on a new one

She wouldn’t even try
I cannot agree with you.
There needs to be some family responsibility….not, I need to go out with my friends
You can only be effectively "responsible" if you've been prepped. You should not (CAN NOT) expect a teenager to be responsible for the duties of an adult unless he/she has been taught. Why do you think teenage pregnancies are fraught with worry by adults?

Was the 18 year old voluntarily babysitting the baby? If so, she should have expected that diaper changing was part of the responsibility. If she had not agreed to babysit, then the parents should not left the baby in her care.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back