Is it time to start prepping and what will the SHTF scenario look like?

A quick search revealed.....

"Nuclear reactors produce more radioactive fission products than nuclear weapons. More of the fission products will settle to the ground following a reactor accident. The radioactive fission products produced in a reactor tend to be longer lived by the time they're released into the environment."

Yeah, but that's tiny compared to the BILLIONS of tons of radioactive debris that gets created by an H bomb. It's not just the material in the bomb, it's ALL of the other crap that gets irradiated when it goes off.

All of THAT stuff turns radioactive too.

What was the issue there, wind damage, flood waters, or lack of power?
All three really.

I don't recall roving bands of thieves so an arsenal wasn't needed.

There was looting. It was pretty chaotic there.

I guess a generator and a way to stay above the flood waters would be ideal. If you had a car you could leave the immediate area and stay with family or at a hotel.

I guess I'm a prepper since I have a generator, my house is halfway up a hill, and I have friends and family I could flee to.

Absolutely. You thought enough about it that you bought a generator. There are levels of preparation.

Everything I can think of.
Obviously a close or direct hit with a nuke is unsurvivable.
Other than that I'm prepared for just about anything.
Plenty of water,food,firearms and ammo,medical,power,radios,handheld communication,Yo-Yo's and other fishing gear,traps for food,I've pretty much covered anything thats survivable.
So essentially you are planning for the permanent end of civilization? Will you be disappointed if it never happens?

Because of Climate change food will become more scarce.
When people get hungry, things get bad.

Food will become scarce because of governments and the global elite not from some slow gradual natural phenomenon. Governments are already attacking our food supply. otherwise you are correct.

See France, Russia, and other parts of the world where politics created starvation.

Yup.

How am I preparing?
I do yoga so when it happens I can kiss my ass goodbye.
Lol, that could be considered a level of prepping.

All three really.

There was looting. It was pretty chaotic there.

Absolutely. You thought enough about it that you bought a generator. There are levels of preparation.
In a flood situation you'd have to leave, can you take all your prep stuff with you? My generator is not going anywhere but I got it because we had frequent power outages after storms. Of course after I got it the power company cut down trees and limbs along the power lines and we hardly ever have outages any more.

I guess I'm a minimal prepper, no guns, no food supply, etc. I'm assuming whatever happens I can buy what I'll need to survive when I need it.

Food will become scarce because of governments and the global elite not from some slow gradual natural phenomenon. Governments are already attacking our food supply. otherwise you are correct.

Yup.

Lol, that could be considered a level of prepping.
It's really the only logical decision.
What good is living in a hole with those supplies ready to kill anyone and everyone you come in contact with.
That's not life. People need people. We are, after all, herd animals.
Without people what good is survival?

It's really the only logical decision.
What good is living in a hole with those supplies ready to kill anyone and everyone you come in contact with.

Extreme, not going to happen.

That's not life. People need people. We are, after all, herd animals.
Without people what good is survival?

Plenty. How would I know that there are no other people? I'll survive and find others.

Extreme, not going to happen.

Plenty. How would I know that there are no other people? I'll survive and find others.
If it's not going to happen then why worry over it?
and
People you find will be people out of food, water...
And they'll be looking to take yours.
So...

If it's not going to happen then why worry over it?
and
People you find will be people out of food, water...
And they'll be looking to take yours.
So...

Because the SHTF scenario IS going to happen. The only question is when.

OK
So you like the 2nd half of my response.
Prep for it or not.
In either case it's not a world I would want to live in.

Cool. Enjoy whatever afterlife you happen to believe in.

Forum List

Back