Is it time to start assuming everything on the internet is a lie?

Those with half a brain have realized that lots of the shit on the internet was bullshit from day one. But now with AI and deep fakes and social media is it time to just assume absolutely everything you see on the web is nothing but a fabrication?
I think that "on the web" is not broad enough. When we get our info from print that is AI produced (Sports Illustrated and who knows how many trash novels), television can be manipulated by AI. I believe we can assume that EVERYTHING we don't experience first hand is suspect.

Assumption is a dangerous and lazy way to exist in society. The best way to judge the internet is not to accept information on face value because you like it but to spend the time to examine it.

Those with half a brain have realized that lots of the shit on the internet was bullshit from day one. But now with AI and deep fakes and social media is it time to just assume absolutely everything you see on the web is nothing but a fabrication?
“Is it time to start assuming everything on the internet is a lie?”

No, it’s time to expose rightwing misinformation, conspiracy theories, and lies and to confront rightwing misinformation, conspiracy theories, and lies with facts and the truth.

Why would I rehash this argument on this thread when I already told you I wasn't going to rehash it on another thread?
you arent rehashing anything,,
so far you refuse to define what type of killing makes it murder where society decided to make it illegal,,

what defines this type of killing that makes it murder and illegal??

“Is it time to start assuming everything on the internet is a lie?”

No, it’s time to expose rightwing misinformation, conspiracy theories, and lies and to confront rightwing misinformation, conspiracy theories, and lies with facts and the truth.
Yeah because the "left wing" never lies about anything

you arent rehashing anything,,
so far you refuse to define what type of killing makes it murder where society decided to make it illegal,,

what defines this type of killing that makes it murder and illegal??

All you need to do is go back to the last time we argued these points. I'm not going to do it again

All you need to do is go back to the last time we argued these points. I'm not going to do it again
you didnt give details the last time and why I keep asking you to define what details make one killing murder and the others not murder,,

you didnt give details the last time and why I keep asking you to define what details make one killing murder and the others not murder,,
I wasn't there when the first laws regarding murder were penned go do your own research

you said they made one type of killing murder and then made a law against it,,

so murder came before the law against murder,,,

Please quote the post where I said that

Until any killings were actually made UNLAWFUL by society no killings were defined as murder.

Once again that is by definition

Please quote the post where I said that

Until any killings were actually made UNLAWFUL by society no killings were defined as murder.

Once again that is by definition
so how and what did they define specifically that made one type of killing murder and others not murder to make murder illegal???

Yeah because the "left wing" never lies about anything
Assuming everything on the internet is a lie is reckless, irresponsible idiocy – it’s to assume facts and the truth are ‘lies.’

Indeed, to assume everything on the internet is a ‘lie’ is consistent with the right’s campaign to promote misinformation, conspiracy theories, and lies.

Forum List

Back