Is it time to legalize pot and reduce the death rate of tobacco and alcohol?

Legitimate doctors do not prescribe pot for anything. Marijuana clinic doctors prescribe pot. In most cases, legitimate doctors stop treating patients that start using pot. Which is kind of a benefit if you think about it.

First of all, I disagree with you in your claim that no “legitimate doctors” prescribe pot.

But that aside, you can’t argue with the fact that there’s a legitimate medical debate going on right now where one side (with some very credible medical experts, doctors) are saying “yes”, this can be beneficial to our health in certain scenarios, and the other side is more skeptical. But the point is, it’s a debate. And I assure you,that sort of debate is not going on with meth, or crack, or cocaine, or heroin. Why do you think that?

Even with all that aside, I don't have to prove that pot is beneficial to legalize it, I just have to prove that it’s not particularly harmful or destructive to a society. Because if it's not particularly harmful or destructive to society, then its not worth billions and billions of dollars policing and locking people up for.

I've never heard a compelling argument why pot - in particular - is worth all the costs of criminalization, and worth the cost of giving power (again) to the street gangs and cartels.

I'd like to hear yours.

I don't have any. I believe that marijuna and in fact all drugs including meth, crack and heroin should be legal and of sufficiently low cost that any one can afford it. Allow a drug benefit right along with food stamps. The debate should be over by now. If a legitimate doctor refuses to treat a patient that is simultaneously using pot, this is a medical decision resting completely with doctor and patient.

Actually the question is what does drug use do to our society? Is it good or bad?
The obvious answer is bad. So if we want to tackle the issue we need to adopt some time tested solutions.
Rounding up drug dealers and executing them after a fair trial sounds pretty reasonable to me. The risk of engaging in that business far exceeds the reward for most people. Ergo they'll largely stop.

So it should be pretty easy to find the CEO of Phillip Morris, Lorillard, R.J Reynolds, etc and after the victims of their products or surviving family members testify, should they be put to sleep with the needle or suffer the indignity of a public hanging?
Tobacco is legal, s0n.

Legitimate doctors do not prescribe pot for anything. Marijuana clinic doctors prescribe pot. In most cases, legitimate doctors stop treating patients that start using pot. Which is kind of a benefit if you think about it.

First of all, I disagree with you in your claim that no “legitimate doctors” prescribe pot.

But that aside, you can’t argue with the fact that there’s a legitimate medical debate going on right now where one side (with some very credible medical experts, doctors) are saying “yes”, this can be beneficial to our health in certain scenarios, and the other side is more skeptical. But the point is, it’s a debate. And I assure you,that sort of debate is not going on with meth, or crack, or cocaine, or heroin. Why do you think that?

Even with all that aside, I don't have to prove that pot is beneficial to legalize it, I just have to prove that it’s not particularly harmful or destructive to a society. Because if it's not particularly harmful or destructive to society, then its not worth billions and billions of dollars policing and locking people up for.

I've never heard a compelling argument why pot - in particular - is worth all the costs of criminalization, and worth the cost of giving power (again) to the street gangs and cartels.

I'd like to hear yours.

I don't have any. I believe that marijuna and in fact all drugs including meth, crack and heroin should be legal and of sufficiently low cost that any one can afford it. Allow a drug benefit right along with food stamps. The debate should be over by now. If a legitimate doctor refuses to treat a patient that is simultaneously using pot, this is a medical decision resting completely with doctor and patient.

Because you're a narco-libertarian?

do not floor-traders, at stock exchanges, widely use cocaine, to stimulate them ? The natural form of the drug occurs in coca leaves. Powdered cocaine is produced, from those leaves, by a complicated chemical process, which adds:

powdered cement
gasoline
battery acid
powdered caustic soda
solvents​
if floor-traders risk consuming powdered cocaine, because it enhances their floor performance & profitability; then how much more money could they make, without imbibing cement, gasoline, battery acid, caustic soda, & solvents ? If "everybody knows" that cocaine enhances floor performance, benefiting traders & stock-holders; then coca-leaves "ought" to be provided, by the trading companies, in vending machines, next to the coffee.

No. too ineffitient compared to the delivery to each desk by the pushers. This way, the agents do not have to lose time.

Regards
DL

I'd like to hear yours.

Because drug users tend to die quite young.

That is not true, the guy who mows my lawn and washes my car is an ex crack addict and he is 50 something years old.

That is not true, the guy who mows my lawn and washes my car is an ex crack addict and he is 50 something years old.

Whitney Houston died at 48. The clue might be your use of the word EX crack addict. That this guy is 50 and mowing lawns to make money should be some clue as to what his life is like.

Over the weekend, a drug counselor explained that the worst thing about pot is that it steals away fulfillment. This is a rather profound statement. I have no interest in someone else's fulfillment. They can do what they want as long as I don't have to pay for it. But that's not true, because I do pay for their personal failures and so do you. So does everyone.

Drug users do everyone a favor when they, like River Phoenix, drop dead on the street.

Whitney Houston died at 48. The clue might be your use of the word EX crack addict. That this guy is 50 and mowing lawns to make money should be some clue as to what his life is like.

Over the weekend, a drug counselor explained that the worst thing about pot is that it steals away fulfillment. This is a rather profound statement. I have no interest in someone else's fulfillment. They can do what they want as long as I don't have to pay for it. But that's not true, because I do pay for their personal failures and so do you. So does everyone.

Drug users do everyone a favor when they, like River Phoenix, drop dead on the street.

Prohibition works so well. It should be expanded.

Prohibition doesn't work. The way to stop the runaway drug use is to reduce the number of drug users. Giving them the means and the opportunity to self-euthanize will do more to reduce the number of drug users than prohibition.

Well Katz this guy did crack for 17 years, according to the logic of "people who use drugs die young" isn't really true otherwise this guy would have dropped dead long ago, you are correct this guys life is very hard and he is just getting by on the bare minimums but that is the price you pay spending a life time smoking crack, there are plenty of guys like him still walking the streets though. My idiot brother did heroin for 4 years and he still alive, I haven't spoken to him for 4 years, supposedly he is not doing heroin anymore but he still does cocaine, marijuana and some other over the counter stuff, he has not had a job in years and lives soley off my fathers income, I have a feeling the asshole will outlive me and he is total addict.

Prohibition doesn't work. The way to stop the runaway drug use is to reduce the number of drug users. Giving them the means and the opportunity to self-euthanize will do more to reduce the number of drug users than prohibition.

How do you figure legalizing all drugs will reduce the number of users? making all this stuff legal to where you can just stroll into a store and buy cocaine or weed should boost the number of users no?

Well Katz this guy did crack for 17 years, according to the logic of "people who use drugs die young" isn't really true otherwise this guy would have dropped dead long ago, you are correct this guys life is very hard and he is just getting by on the bare minimums but that is the price you pay spending a life time smoking crack, there are plenty of guys like him still walking the streets though. My idiot brother did heroin for 4 years and he still alive, I haven't spoken to him for 4 years, supposedly he is not doing heroin anymore but he still does cocaine, marijuana and some other over the counter stuff, he has not had a job in years and lives soley off my fathers income, I have a feeling the asshole will outlive me and he is total addict.

Why is your father enabling him? My best friend did cocaine for years. She eventually lost everything she had and was disbarred. She died of brain cancer. She was one of those people who sincerely believed she did a better job high than straight. She was disbarred because it was true only in her drug addled brain.

I heard that the son of the barber down the street from me passed away. His only son. I went by to give condolences. He told me that sympathy wasn't necessary. Be happy for him, he was finally free of the burden his son's addiction.

The answer in the barber's case wasn't to prohibit his son from taking drugs, but give him more, increase the supply of drugs available and end the misery all around. Your father deserves to be free of your brother's addictions too. If it was my brother, I'd go into hock to get him more drugs.

\

How do you figure legalizing all drugs will reduce the number of users? making all this stuff legal to where you can just stroll into a store and buy cocaine or weed should boost the number of users no?
On the surface, probably...After all, how many drug users would you expect to admit so when it's illegal?

That said, ending the fool federal war on (some) drugs doesn't amount to outright legalization any more than no federal laws against prostitution means hookers on every street corner...As with prostitution, drug laws would become a state issue.

What do you mean it doesnt work? We have been at war for decades. Spent literally trillions to keep it off the streets. republicrats and demonicans have to show they are tough on crime.

Look how well the war on guns worked. Now 49 states allow concealed carry.

Why is your father enabling him? My best friend did cocaine for years. She eventually lost everything she had and was disbarred. She died of brain cancer. She was one of those people who sincerely believed she did a better job high than straight. She was disbarred because it was true only in her drug addled brain.

I heard that the son of the barber down the street from me passed away. His only son. I went by to give condolences. He told me that sympathy wasn't necessary. Be happy for him, he was finally free of the burden his son's addiction.

The answer in the barber's case wasn't to prohibit his son from taking drugs, but give him more, increase the supply of drugs available and end the misery all around. Your father deserves to be free of your brother's addictions too. If it was my brother, I'd go into hock to get him more drugs.

I really don't know Katz, I told my dad he just needs to cut him off, if he wants to be a drug addict thats fine but he is a grown able bodied man, let him support his own addictions, my brother has 2 kids that he cares nothing about, my dad supports them and the girlfriend too. He pays her rent and supplies a monthly stipend for whatever they need, they are literally bleeding my dad dry. My dad feels that if he doesn't give him money, he will go out on the streets and commit crimes to get what he wants, last time my dad cut him off he ended up doing a 1 year stretch in Wasco for some minor dealing charges and beating the living shit out of his girlfriend and the kids, he is a real piece of work.

Last edited:

I really don't know Katz, I told my dad he just needs to cut him off, if he wants to be a drug addict thats fine but he is a grown able bodied man, let him support his own addictions, my brother has 2 kids that he cares nothing about, my dad supports them and the girlfriend too. He pays her rent and supplies a monthly stipend for whatever they need, they are literally bleeding my dad dry. My dad feels that if he doesn't give him money, he will go out on the streets and commit crimes to get what he wants, last time my dad cut him off he ended up doing a 1 year stretch in Wasco for some minor dealing charges and beating the living shit out of his girlfriend and the kids, he is a real piece of work.

Sad to hear. Thoughts and prayers for the children................

Well, he has stopped. That should help him increase his longevity by some bit.

Drug users are a part of humanity. They are here as well. We discuss with pot smokers, prescription drug users and addicts as well as street drug users and addicts.

Well, he has stopped. That should help him increase his longevity by some bit.

Drug users are a part of humanity. They are here as well. We discuss with pot smokers, prescription drug users and addicts as well as street drug users and addicts.

Well I think stopping has definently helped him live longer, but this guy did smock crack for almost 2 decades, I was just commenting on Katz theory that drug users tend to die fairly young, in my experience it is the opposite, the longer a person uses drugs the more tolerance they build and the more knowledge they get on the exact amounts to use so you won't overdose, unless you want to.

Forum List

Back