Is it time to legalize pot and reduce the death rate of tobacco and alcohol?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012
Is it time to legalize pot and reduce the death rate of tobacco and alcohol?

Tobacco kills more people than all other psychotropic drugs combined, excluding alcohol.
Our government policy should be to legalize the more forgiving drugs and make the less forgiving drugs illegal.

Addiction research and government reports for the last 100 years have exonerated pot and cleared it’s reputation as the safest and most forgiving alternative for psychotropic drug use.

The last vote in California for or against the legalization of pot was defeated because of funding by the tobacco and alcohol lobby. In real terms, they were buying permission to kill human with government collusion.

How much money per human life did alcohol and tobacco pay our government officials?

Is it time to do the moral thing and save the lives we can by making the less harmful psychotropic drugs legal?

Regards
DL

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_mD6_oFpc0&feature=related]Graham Hancock on Marijuana - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMpnywjj4oY&feature=related]History Channel - Hooked: Marijuana Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

'The Powers That Be' have been pumping 'Reefer Madness' into the minds of the sheeple for over 70 years.

That kind of brainwashing is going to be difficult to overcome...

'The Powers That Be' have been pumping 'Reefer Madness' into the minds of the sheeple for over 70 years.

Shucks....couldn't get much worse. We rate 37th in the world in general health and longevity now and that's after more than 500 companies make a profit off of sick people

Prohibition doesn't work. We have millions of folks sitting in jails for nonviiolent drug offenses. It's silly. Drug abuse is a medical problem, not a criminal one. We also have a far bigger problem with prescription drugs than we do with say, Mary Jane. Which is by and large completely harmless compared to deadly prescription drugs.

At any rate, legalizing p*t is bad for the DEA. in order to get that big budget, they need to rate the plant as a narcotic along side coke and heron. Otherwise their budget and big deal largely goes away. As it turns out, the govt. seems to like having the insider on dealing the droogs in the states for profit too. CIA already been caught red handed everal times on that front.

Question: would any parent here want their child driven to school on a bus with a driver that was smoking pot 10 minutes before getting behind the wheel?

Question: would any parent here want their child driven to school on a bus with a driver that was smoking pot 10 minutes before getting behind the wheel?

Wouldn't the same DUI laws apply if that driver had downed a half-pint of schnapps?

legalizing pot will have ZERO effect on tobacco and alcohol use.

Proof? Evidence?

Ask any cop or other first responder if they would rather respond to a situation where people are drunk or high on MJ?

Ask any medical professional which substance has the most negative impact on health and well being? In a word, Tobacco.

How much revenue would be made by taxing MJ?

How much revenue would be saved by not enforcing MJ laws?

Why does the DEA continue to maintain MJ as a schedule I substance?

Why do conservatives oppose allowing each state to outlaw or regulate the production, sales, possession and use of MJ? (In my opinon because 'conservatives' are for the most part hypocrites).

Are you suggesting that because it is illegal, people don't already do that?

Bus drivers have random drug screenings for this very reason. So the question does not address the legality of the substance.

People assume that pot will lower the rates of death for tobacco and alcohol users because some will switch their vice from smokes or booze to weed, thats an awful lot of assuming.

Not if you have access to The Truth.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYEcgsFT3oE&feature=player_embedded]Grass History Of Cannabis Marijuana [1/6] - YouTube[/ame]

Whatta DRAG!!!!!!

"The audio has been disabled."

Well....there's always the Corporate-"angle".....

HERE!!

Last edited:

Are you suggesting that because it is illegal, people don't already do that?

Bus drivers have random drug screenings for this very reason. So the question does not address the legality of the substance.

No. I am suggesting that with pot being illegal, its use in the scenario I described is lower than that of alcohol. Making it legal would likely increase its use in the scenario I described. I don't personally want either case to occur, to my child or yours.

As for the random drug testing of school bus drivers, that is not a federal policy. It's local to the school district and not all do it.

Ok, that's fair, although more of an appeal to emotion considering that the risk is greater for a bus driver to drink and drive being that it is legal under this thinking. My take, is that is is a state right to make the determination, not a federal mandate. It doesn't work anyway. People still smoke it. Decriminalizing it would save a lot of people from hard jail time and life ruining consequences from such a minor infraction.

Lets ask, what happened when the federal govt. attempted to outlaw alcohol? The point is that these types of mandates are failures. They do not stop people from using it.

Forum List

Back