Is it the tariffs? Or the North Korea blunder? Democrats lead by 10% in new WaPo generic poll

Why are Democrats kicking Republicans' ass?

• Foreign policy inepditude

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Yanking kids from parents

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • tariffs

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
If the House of Representatives elections were held today, registered voters would pick democrats over republicans by a 10% margin. that's a large lead.
Poll: Dems have 10-point lead on generic House ballot
I was wondering why this lead is so large, and I speculate that it may be due to Trump's dumb back-firing tariffs...or perhaps the fact that he sought to denuclearize North Korea but NK isn't denuclearizing shit.
Do not discard separating children from their parents as a reason. Vote in my poll

Like most things in life, it's not just one of the issues you listed.

It's all of what you listed and more.

Like most things, the answer isn't just one thing. It's also not one extreme or another extreme.

We don't live in a black and white world. Nor do we live in a one size fits all world.

I really wish people would open their minds to see the whole picture and more than one or two solutions. Or see extremes as a solution.

despite far right and alt right rage and hatred, the polling protocols are pretty good.

The general avg has been about within 5 to 8% for the Dems steadily for a long time.

Several factors influence the ballot: Kim's ramping up research and launching facilities; the tariffs are beginning to raise prices in the agri and metal industries with some job loss; increase in inflation; the continuing mess of children and parents at the border; Trump's obvious lying that never ever stops.

All of those go right back on Trump, which makes this election a referendum on his leadership, where he does not have the EV to fall back on.

If the House of Representatives elections were held today, registered voters would pick democrats over republicans by a 10% margin. that's a large lead.
I was wondering why this lead is so large, and I speculate that it may be due to Trump's dumb back-firing tariffs...or perhaps the fact that he sought to denuclearize North Korea but NK isn't denuclearizing shit.
Do not discard separating children from their parents as a reason. Vote in my poll
UDg2lGe22.jpg

It's pretty funny that the poll has zero votes.

Even the OP doesn't believe any of those is the reason.

I think Rush Limbaugh said it best: "Polls no longer tell us what people think. Polls try to tell people what to think."

And when it gets closer to election time, those polls magically tighten up in favor of the GOP. I wonder why that is?

But hey, if you believe them, then go right ahead. In fact don't even waste your time voting in the midterms. You already have it in the bag.

Leading conservatives and leading Republicans are now saying vote Democrat. All because we all know a disgusting degenerate has hijacked the GOP

and if ya'll want to defend this as not being disgusting

Trump makes inappropriate remarks about young girl – video

go for it

A man who is almost 50 years old... please.
Those “leading” conservatives and Republicans said that years ago....

Nobody wants to join the party that embraces Antifa and MS-13.
except no party has embraced eiether

why lie? Following in the habits of your chickenshit leader?

Leading conservatives and leading Republicans are now saying vote Democrat. All because we all know a disgusting degenerate has hijacked the GOP

and if ya'll want to defend this as not being disgusting

Trump makes inappropriate remarks about young girl – video

go for it

A man who is almost 50 years old... please.
Those “leading” conservatives and Republicans said that years ago....

Nobody wants to join the party that embraces Antifa and MS-13.
except no party has embraced eiether

why lie? Following in the habits of your chickenshit leader?
Here is Glenn Beck, the only relevant NeverTrumper, dawning a “Make America Great Again” hat because the media and the Democrats embraced MS-13 and attacked Trump for attacking MS-13.

That's the Presidency. The Congressional races are a different type of race: parochial, district. These are made for GOP victories. Yet the RCP has the GOP in trouble, and since last fall the GOP has been steadily losing elections for the Senate, the House, and the state legislatures.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back